Jack and Syney's relatives? (if any)

actually, I just read her story today, and it was incredible :smiley: I mean, it's...undescribable. (and that's a good thing :lol: if you couldn't tell :rolleyes: sometimes I have trouble wording things :blink: )

hmmm...I wonder if Jack ran away :thinking:...but then how did the CIA find him??...maybe they just saw some IQ scores of his and said "woah...this guy's good!" ^_^

Aww or what if something tragic happened to him...like his whole family died in a house fire or something :(

CIA and agencies like that like to recruit people without any families. One of the reasons is you don't have anyone to tell your secrets too. Another is if you die noones gonna miss you.

If I remember correctly, at Sydneys funeral, present there were only people we recognize. If she had a grandmother/grandfather, they would attend their grand daughters funeral, wouldn't they?
I think ther's something fishy going on with Jacks parents. Or maybe they both died when Sydney was a baby?

I have also been curious about Jack's family. it would be an interesting backstory to pursue in my opinion. I would think that Sydney would be curious about her family. Maybe one day, they will mention Jack's parents, anything is possible.

Amy

VH and Bev, thanks for the entertaining volleyball game you guys did (awhile ago, sorry, i'm new though!) about Jack's lovelife. It was very entertaining!

thanks to the creator of this thread. I have wondered about Jack's fam for like ages!! And yes, the person who mentioned Syd's funeral, I so hear ya!! I always wondered why none of the Bristow extendeds were there.
I figure it's prolly just a matter of the writers and producers not wanting to bother with it. First of all, they'd have to drudge up the work to create the characters, then hire actors to play them, then actually PAY them, lol, blah blah ladida.

About the earrings from the grandmother Irina told Syd about. I always assumed Irina was talking about her mom, but someone here suggested maybe it was Syd's paternal grandmother. Which is it?

I wonder if Jack perhaps kept himself out of his family's loop on purpose to protect them from the SD-6 threat. He distanced himself from Syd all those years, partly for that reason, and it drove a wedge between them, so maybe the same misfortune occured with Jack and his other relatives. It could be that he never rectified the issues with them, as he might never have started to improve his relationship with Syd if the whole Danny thing had not happened. And so that would then by the cause of their total absence from his life.

ChewsterGirl said:
VH and Bev, thanks for the entertaining volleyball game you guys did (awhile ago, sorry, i'm new though!) about Jack's lovelife. It was very entertaining!

thanks to the creator of this thread. I have wondered about Jack's fam for like ages!! And yes, the person who mentioned Syd's funeral, I so hear ya!! I always wondered why none of the Bristow extendeds were there.
I figure it's prolly just a matter of the writers and producers not wanting to bother with it. First of all, they'd have to drudge up the work to create the characters, then hire actors to play them, then actually PAY them, lol, blah blah ladida.

About the earrings from the grandmother Irina told Syd about. I always assumed Irina was talking about her mom, but someone here suggested maybe it was Syd's paternal grandmother. Which is it?

I wonder if Jack perhaps kept himself out of his family's loop on purpose to protect them from the SD-6 threat. He distanced himself from Syd all those years, partly for that reason, and it drove a wedge between them, so maybe the same misfortune occured with Jack and his other relatives. It could be that he never rectified the issues with them, as he might never have started to improve his relationship with Syd if the whole Danny thing had not happened. And so that would then by the cause of their total absence from his life.
[post="1271290"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

kay, yeah, I'm replying to my own post (I'm a loser, I've gotten past that!) But it's just that I forgot to ask something. Did VH ever get around to that Bristow Family Dossier she mentioned oh so long ago? I was just wondering because if she did, then I would love to read it. Can anyone post a link to it please?

zara

I would love to meet or at least hear about Jack's family. If he is an orphan, at least mention it somehow. I want to know something about him.

supposedly Sloane's brother is going to show up. If he does, why does Sloane get a brother, and we still know nothing about Jack and his family? I would rather meet a Bristow than a Sloane.

I would be interested in reading the Bristow Family Dossier, too. To be honest, I am far more interested in meeting Bristows than Derevkos.

what if the mysterious Jacquelyn is Jack's mother or sister?

if mother, then maybe she knew Sloane and was kind to him (her son's best friend) and he grew to love her in a son/mother sort of way?

if sister, a possible affair between Sloane and Jacquelyn?

Well, now we know that Jack barely had a relationship with his father growing up and during his adult life, if he had a relationship at all. It seems his dad didn't do anything with him, if his only memories are of his dad leaving. I wonder what his father did for a living.

Now we have to learn about his mother. I don't think he had any siblings.

^^I bet his dad was a spy too. Maybe that's how Jack got started in the business. I'd love to hear more about his family too. We seem to know the least about him, but perhaps that's on purpose to keep him (and his agenda so to speak) an enigma.

Back