Season 2 Jack and Vaughn's Conversation

LittleSpy13 Posted on Apr 22 2003, 12:38 AM
Think about it, if you found out Vaughn was in your daughter's pants, how would you react?

Sydney's 28!! She's a big adult person and has been involved with the CIA and SD-6 as a double agent. Jack ought to cut her some slack here. She doesn't need her father's prying into her personal life! Now, if she was 18 that would be different.

i think jack may know, but i'm not sure. and he was just trying to protect syd, he likes vaughn on the overall

LittleSpy13 said:
Think about it, if you found out Vaughn was in your daughter's pants, how would you react?

I would be pretty darn protective, even if the guy was as hot as Vaughn!
Excuse me? You think Jack is trying to protect Sydney from Vaughn? I don't think so. He knew the situation before they were willing to admit it to themselves. He knows that Vaughn will be there to protect his daughter when he's not available--a backup system, if you will.

He's put out with Vaughn because Vaughn assisted Sydney in subverting his (Jack's) authority, allowing her to do something that Jack considered risky. However, note that Jack did not follow through with his threatened punishment for further infractions. Vaughn went to back Sydney up, and Jack satisfied himself regarding Caplan.

My God, Jack got Noah out of hot water even though he saw Noah as a threat to Sydney--he was willing to let her make her own decisions about her own romantic life, even if they hurt her. Why? Because he knew that he was just about the king of romantic mistakes--she could hardly do worse than he did, right?
;)

i think jack's a bit overprotective as a father (well, of course because of what he does), and it's not always easy looking at your daughter and another man ^_^

Judging by Jack's behavior, however, he's mostly stayed out of that area of his daughter's life. He warned Sydney about Noah, but eventually he did as she asked, even though it cost him a great deal of capital with Sloane.

Vaughn, though, is someone that Jack can respect, even if they aren't going to be buddies. And Vaughn's devotion to Sydney is priceless to him.
;)

Back