Season 4 Jack....father of two?

First of all, I'm fairly certain that the monk did not tell Sloane that he had a daughter. All he did was hand Sloane that piece of paper. We've only taken Sloane for his word that it said he had a daughter. Maybe the paper said that Irina was gave birth to two daughters and Sloane just believed that Nadia was his. Or maybe he knew that Nadia wasn't his but decided to claim her as his because he couldn't stand not being a part of the Chosen One/Passenger Prophecy, etc.

Second, we have only Sloane's word that he did a paternity test on Nadia. Maybe he did and maybe he didn't. As far as I know, the CIA never confirmed this.

Third, if Irina was trying to flatter herself with that "exceptional" comment, Jack wouldn't have responded the way he did. She meant that as a compliment to him. Whether it's true or not, I have no idea. I gave up on the "Jack is Nadia's real father" theory a while ago, but now it's been revived. I would love for Jack to be Nadia's dad. Love it!

This could totally make sense. Sloane's all traumatized over losing Jacquelyn, right? Well, he finds out that Jack has another daughter - another Rambaldi daughter. He loses it and decides that he's going to "steal" Nadia from Jack and claim to be her father. This provides him with his "replacement" daughter - even more so than Syd was.

I have been curious from the beginning if Nadia was Jack's daughter. This is very possible since Jack was present when they found the location of her Nadia by using a Rimbaldi device. That comment and Jack's look gave it right away. I firmly believe Nadia is Jack's daughter.

I don't recall Sloane being told that he had a daughter that was still alive. When was this?

It would be awesome if he really were Nadia's dad though.
I thought I was the only one who noticed that!!

It could be that - but then again Irina may have just been playing mind games. Afterall, she later apologizes for her "indiscretion" with Sloane.

You weren't the only one....I was watching it by myself and when I heard that I was saying out loud.... Jack is Nadia's dad... I knew it! Then I thought, why wouldn't these intelligent people do DNA tests long ago????

And did anyone else feel sorry for Sydney when SpyMommy was paying so much attention to Nadia on the plane???? I spy some sibling jealousies brewing.

Slightly off topic - I thought Lena Olin had said she was definitely not coming back to Alias. Regardless, I'm glad she did!!

Never thought I would miss her...but I was grinning from ear to ear when she appeared! (y)

The thing was not that we caught it, but that Jack caught it. Did you see his reaction? He got her implication.

Plus, this sets up Sloane's fall from grace. It's too perfect . . . which means it's just perfect enough for great drama. (It almost makes me forgive the Helix debacle and all the surrounding crapola I have to put up with . . . Gr. )

The only thing that mildly surprised me was that Jack didn't already know. Sheesh. He's been way too clueless this season for my taste.

I agree with you. This could set up a great storyline for next season.

But didn't Rambaldi prophesize that the Passenger would be Sloane's daughter?
I agree with you guys that Irina seemed to be hinting Nadia is Jack's daughter, but it doesn't make sense in light of the Rambaldi thing. Unless I am forgetting something, which is very likely!

I still think that Nadia is Sloane's daughter.
To be honest, I think I would be very upset if Jack turns out to be her father. Maybe I have too much faith in Sloane.
I think I am just tired of EVERYTHING not being true, what with people not being dead, and now this?
I think they were just having a laugh.. and how would Irina know that Jack was the father anyway?
Has anyone done a time-line... I mean, do we know exactly when Nadia was born? Do we know when Slona and Irina had their affair? Because that might fill us in on some important info...
But didn't Rambaldi prophesize that the Passenger would be Sloane's daughter?
I agree with you guys that Irina seemed to be hinting Nadia is Jack's daughter, but it doesn't make sense in light of the Rambaldi thing.
Yes! I do believe he did! But like MissingSark said, we only have Sloane's word on this... right?

okay, I have held my breath for this moment the minute they announced a second kid! I hoped it wasn’t sloane’s but was un sure! most of the facts say Nadia is Sloane’s the other few say no she's Jack's!

Irena could totally know who the father is! If she knew she was pregnant before she jumped Sloane’s nasty old bones then she would have known that Jack was going to be a daddy again!

Ya Sydney and Nadia are full sisters!

Sydney L Bristow said:
okay, I have held my breath for this moment the minute they announced a second kid!  I hoped it wasn’t sloane’s but was un sure! half of the facts say Nadia is Sloane’s the other half say no she's Jack!

Irena could totally know who's the father is!  If she knew she was pregnant before she jumped Sloane’s nasty old bones then she would have known that Jack was going to be a daddy again!

Ya Sydney and Nadia are full sisters!
[post="1347515"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I think it's more likely that Irina knew she was pregnant when she had this "affair" it was probably some strategic plan of hers to get something that she wanted. I wasn't in denial about Sloane being Nadia's father, but I was very much grossed out not to mention disappointed that poor Jack had been betrayed twice. This makes up for it because I can forget about this "affair" as long as their was a cold calculative strategical reason for it and passing Nadia as Sloane's fits right in.

There's nothing to indicate that Sloane and Irina slept together more than once (I don't think). Sloane could have believed that, after sleeping once with her, he got Irina pregnant. Irina could have deliberately been trying to pass Nadia off as Sloane's as mentioned by Lizzy to get something. Or perhaps Irina knew that she would be giving birth to the Passenger (and knew about the Prophecy) and thought that passing Nadia off as someone else's kid rather than Jack's would be an easier way to keep the two girls separate. Irina would have wanted to save both of her daughters so it would have been better to split them up. Jack, not knowing about the Prophecy, wouldn't have understood and would have fought to keep Nadia with him or something like that. I don't know it. It's a crazy thought from my sleep-deprived brain.

m4m_chick said:
I think it's more likely that Irina knew she was pregnant when she had this "affair" it was probably some strategic plan of hers to get something that she wanted.  I wasn't in denial about Sloane being Nadia's father, but I was very much grossed out not to mention disappointed that poor Jack had been betrayed twice.  This makes up for it because I can forget about this "affair" as long as their was a cold calculative strategical reason for it and passing Nadia as Sloane's fits right in.
[post="1347518"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I so agree! It would just make so much more since! I would love to see Irena not have to go to prison and be fully pardoned then have like a Christmas get to gather with ALL 4 of the Bristow’s and Eric and Vaughn! Wouldn't that be awesome!

How awesome would THAT be? I still don't understand some of the backpeddling that would be necessary to explain this as a realistic scenario, but Irina all but said it straight out...

So here are some questions that are nagging at me...I believe (maybe b/c I want to :angelic: ) that Jack is Nadia's father.

Does Sloane know that...did he in fact "steal" paternity? Interesting. I doubt this though, I think the other theory that Irina was newly pregnant when she slept w/ Sloane and led him to believe it makes more sense.

Also...kind of off topic, but were any of you really surprised that Irina & Jack let both girls go on this mission w/ the prophecy <0> and all? :thinking:

Or perhaps Irina knew that she would be giving birth to the Passenger (and knew about the Prophecy) and thought that passing Nadia off as someone else's kid rather than Jack's would be an easier way to keep the two girls separate. Irina would have wanted to save both of her daughters so it would have been better to split them up. Jack, not knowing about the Prophecy, wouldn't have understood and would have fought to keep Nadia with him or something like that.

Wow, actually.. that makes sense!
You know what, you almost have me convinced! Your theory could just make sense in Alias world. :blink:

i have a few problems with the whole 'jack being nadia's father' thing (even though i would love it to be true personally).

wasn't sloane searching to find nadia by using omnifam's access to world medical databases using her DNA 'fingnerprint' to identify her? if he's searching using this, surely it would have been a very simple thing for him to have it tested against his own DNA to see if it was a 50% match (ie proof of paternity)?

and that brings me to jack... personally if i heard that my ex had another child not long after she split up with me, but after having an afair with my best friend at the time: first thing i would do is get a paternity test. cos i would want to settle any lingering questions in the back of my mind - is she or isn't she? and i have to believe that jack would have done this straight away or looked at one that sloane had done. i mean look at how quick he was to test himself and sydney when it came out that irina had had an affair. it was instantaneous - even before syd had had the chance to worry about it, he was there with the answer for her. i am your father. so unless everyone at the CIA's been taking happy pills for the last year and it just happened to slip their collective minds to get actual proof of who she is, unfortunately i think she's sloanes.

and i can't remember who said it above, but about nadia looking argentinian - that doesn't really help us...i wouldn't exactly say either sloane or jack look very tanned to pass on genes like that.

Okay, just a bit of a timeline.

It's mentioned several times in "The Hourglass" that the affair was 25 years ago. It's also mentioned that the affair happened while Jack and Irina were married. However, Syd asks Jack how he can live with his wife's betrayal after 30 years. If Jack only knew she was a spy after she faked her death, it would be impossible for the affair to be 25 years ago. I don't remember how old Syd was supposed to be when Irina faked her death. Anyone want to do the math?

i forgot what the name of the ep is but in season 3 when slone admits to his affair and admits that nadia is his child he says he did a paternity test and confirmed he was the father.

but this is arvin slone were talking about he could be lying.

i forgot about that -_- hmmmm... the way irina sounded, made it seem llike she was hinting that jack was the father.... i'm very suspicious, what is going on :Ponder:

it'd be really awesome if Nadia turned out to be Jacks daugther, i'd just like it better that way. I want Slone out of the picture, permantly. perhaps, when he finds out hes actually not the chosen one, he commits suicide! geee.. but i guess hes just too important of a character to be killed off.

Back