Jack Good or Bad?

Do you think Jack went over to Sloane's side during the two years Syd was missing?

• Definitely!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Way!

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Jack may have ulterior motives...but the ONLY way he went back to Sloane is under duress...he hated that man just as much as Syd did...if not more because he led his daughter into that life...while pretending to be more of a father to her than Jack was. Jack may have his own way of doing things, but I think it's highly unlikely he worked with Sloane...even if Sloane did think it was destined to happen.

sorry...don't mean to rant...but I'm a fan of VG so JB HAS to be good!!

Well, the way you phrase the question, I had to put in a null vote. While I think it's quite likely that Jack ran out of options at the CIA and was forced to look for resources elsewhere--with Sloane, perhaps--you ask about his motives. And Jack's motives have always been to 1) protect his daughter and 2) fight the forces of evil. And I state it specifically as "fight the forces of evil" rather than "fight the enemies of the US" because Jack has a tendency to state it in those terms himself ("evil must be eliminated by whatever means necessary"). Jack as acted as an ends-before-the-means guy at times, which means that he's done the dirty work, done some pretty bad things himself, mortgaged his soul if you will--but all of it was in service of Sydney or others. While his methods might destroy him, his intentions remain good--a case of the road to hell . . . ? Jack told Sloane he would never work with him again and he meant it. There is only one reason he'd reconsider that decision and that reason is named Sydney. To the nutshell:

So do I think we might find Jack with Sloane? Yes. But why is he there? For Sydney.

If he were working for Sloane, he would be enslaved, doing what he had to as long as he had to in hopes that he could eventually find and secure Sydney and free himself. As such, we could discover quite a tragic figure in Jack next season.
;)

hhhhhhhmmmmm, he's a very interesting character, i really don't what he's up to sometimes, but even though i voted no way i think it might be possible for hime to have gone over to the "bad side" but we'll all find out when the next season begins

I didn't vote either -- for the same reason VH didn't. Jack would work for Sloane ONLY in hopes of finding Sydney, and yet Vaughn told Sydney that everyone thought she was dead. Does that imply that Jack has given up on finding her, too? I hope not! I don't think the CIA would be too pleased, though, with the idea of Jack working with Sloane even to find Sydney. Jack might be working for Sloane in secret. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. :clover:

I voted no but I actually could see Jack going to Sloane under the circumstance Verdantheart stated. So pretty much I agree with Vh.

I agree with vh and Ophelia. It's likely that Jack is working with Sloane, but it doesn't necessarily make him evil. He has good intentions, mainly Sydney.

But I voted definitely.

Ophelia said:
Does that imply that Jack has given up on finding her, too?  I hope not!
Jack would never give up on finding Sydney until he found her alive or laid her body to rest. He can't give up hope, especially considering the fact that he found out that his wife survived 20 years after he thought she had died!
;)

I don't think he would've gone to the "bad side". Jack probably left the CIA and started looking for Syd, i don't know actually it seems a possibility if Sloane promised to find her. OR maybe she was kept hostage by Sloane, and jack had to do something for Sloane. When he did that thing, Syd was given a drug to make her 4get about the incident, and she was released but jack wasn't allowed to tell anyone or else something would happen.

OK now that^ sounds a little to cooky, lol.

No more kooky (I have no idea if I spelled that right or not) than many of the things we have actually seen on this show. :D

theres summit about jack, like on the second double sloane asks when did they friendship end and jack says when he recruited syd, plus in countdown jack admits he recruited people like dixon knowing that he wasnt working for the cia, it just confuses me and i really dont think jack was good until sydney went to sd -6 and whats really odd is sydney never knew that her dad worked for sd-6 and jack was the one who recruits dixon, wouldnt dixon have mentioned oh your dad doesnt work as an engineer cause he recruited me here.

Back