Season 3 Jack in prison

I'm just throwing this out there...First, I sure hope Jack isn't covenant...who knows with these writers....but, when Syd first came back Jack was in prison. It doesn't make sense that he would be covenant. However, Jack was in prison b/c he was caught "collaborating" with Irina. Any ideas?

yah he prob needed help. he said he was in contact with her in his search for syd. but lauren said that it wasnt a mistake that she wasnt found...

Maybe he was trying to save her, had found out she was alive, but someone or somebodies, like the Trust perhaps, did not want her rescued? :confused: So being quite powerful with senators and such, used their connections to have Jack tossed in prison and rendered useless. Who knows....will all, any, some of our questions be answered next season??? It seems like there are 5 new questions for every one answer we get, and that may be a generous ratio! -_-

it all could have been staged as well. he could have known when she was coming back and had himself thrown in prison to make the whole thing plausible.

not that i want jack to be a baddy, but it's possible.

I'm going to be an optimist concerning Jack & Irina and say that they are both "good" in their own way and Irina was helping Jack to find Syd and bring her back safely and thats why he was thrown in jail

Skyligrl5 said:
I'm going to be an optimist concerning Jack & Irina and say that they are both "good" in their own way and Irina was helping Jack to find Syd and bring her back safely and thats why he was thrown in jail
thats what sydney thought thus far...but something tells me thats not the truth, unfortunately.

Jack was put there by Lindsey, right? And Lauren was part of the NSC, right? It's connected to one of them . . .

And this happened just as Jack was placing the video bug in Lazarey's office, right? And he was slapped in there incommunicado so that he couldn't tell anyone that he saw Sydney, right? That would be important to both Lindsey (if he knew about Kendall's little undercover op AND Jack's op, whatever that was) and Lauren (to protect the Covenant's op with Julia Thorne) . . .

So it seems to me either one of them could be behind this . . . either Lindsey himself, or Lauren lighting a fire under Lindsey. Jack's communication with Irina was the pretext for his imprisonment, not its actual cause. ;)
✌️

Okay all this rehashing has raised a question in my mind remembering back to Lindsey and Sloane....remember when he wanted to have Sloane kill Syd and basically blackmailed Sloane saying "I know your endgame" How did he know Sloane's endgame and what exactly is Sloane's endgame...I mean it has to do with Rimaldi sure, but what kind of details did Lindsey have...was he convenant? He was such an unlikeable chump it is hard to imagine that he would be privy to any real important stuff. Definitely not in the same league as Jack, Irina, Sloane or even Kendall and Katya for that matter. Sorry for the side not....just wondering if I missed something or what.. :thinking:

Freelancer7, I don't know! But I'm glad you bring that up, bc there are so many things that occurred earlier this season that I totally forgot about, that don't make sense. I wonder if they just threw things in there to add suspense and then forgot to explain them. Like we don't really know where LIndsey came from...Lauren worked w/ him, he may or may not have known about her, though from their conversations, they were both working working on sides other than together. And I don't know how he knew Sloane's endgame. Lindsey was obviously an avid Rambaldi follower. Anways, so why did Lauren help Syd? Was it really her conscience or some other reason? Did she not want to lose Vaughn over it bc if she did her access would have been gone?

What I'm wondering about is the bizarre season ending. How did Katya know that Vaughn was torturing Lauren? Sark had no access to her. The only person I can think of is Jack, as he was so adament about Syd not finding out what Lauren knew and making sure that Vaughn killed Lauren. So maybe he suspected that Syd would get to Vaughn and convince him not to kill her, but torture her, and he was afraid Lauren would tell Vaughn. Did Jack send Katya after Vaughn? I mean, how did they find Vaughn so quickly then and rushed him to the hospital? Jack showed up pretty soon after. This is unusual for Jack, though he did sit around w/ Vaughn, waiting for him to wake up when he got sick from the red ball disease. And why was he just injured and not killed? This would mean that Jack put trying to keep Syd from finding out his secret ahead of catching key players in the Covenant (i.e. Lauren) Now, at first I was thinking that this couldn't make sense, bc Katya tried to kill Sydney too, and that would mean she's not on Jack's side (I hope!) But then again, maybe he sent her after Syd too and she wasn't really going to hurt Syd, just take her away @ gunpoint so that she wouldn't confront Lauren. I don't know. I actually hope this isn't true, but it's suspicious.

chagall_lover said:
What I'm wondering about is the bizarre season ending.  How did Katya know that Vaughn was torturing Lauren?  Sark had no access to her.  The only person I can think of is Jack, as he was so adament about Syd not finding out what Lauren knew and making sure that Vaughn killed Lauren.  So maybe he suspected that Syd would get to Vaughn and convince him not to kill her, but torture her, and he was afraid Lauren would tell Vaughn.  Did Jack send Katya after Vaughn?  I mean, how did they find Vaughn so quickly then and rushed him to the hospital?  Jack showed up pretty soon after.  This is unusual for Jack, though he did sit around w/ Vaughn, waiting for him to wake up when he got sick from the red ball disease.  And why was he just injured and not killed?  This would mean that Jack put trying to keep Syd from finding out his secret ahead of catching key players in the Covenant (i.e. Lauren)  Now, at first I was thinking that this couldn't make sense, bc Katya tried to kill Sydney too, and that would mean she's not on Jack's side (I hope!)  But then again,  maybe he sent her after Syd too and she wasn't really going to hurt Syd, just take her away @ gunpoint so that she wouldn't confront Lauren.  I don't know.  I actually hope this isn't true, but it's suspicious.
Katya might not have known, but she might have had a rendezvous with Lauren that she missed.

Jack had access to the tape and knew where Vaughn was going to get Lauren. Did he know where Vaughn was going to take her? Would he tell Katya? The answer to both of these questions is "I don't know."

However, it looks like Vaughn didn't go far with Lauren and Katya probably knew where Lauren met with her code expert--just as Jack did. Further, Jack could have placed a bug on Vaughn (or the kit he supplied to Vaughn) to monitor him--which would account for the speedy retrieval. Hey, I would.

And if he were monitoring Vaughn, why send in Katya? Katya only interfered with what Jack wanted to have accomplished anyway. If he's not monotoring him, how would he get to Vaughn? Katya wouldn't have called him if betrayal was her plan, right? And Jack wouldn't have been right on the case when Vaughn was knifed. I can't see Jack trusting Katya--the results speak for themselves. He clearly doesn't know her well enough to give her this sort of task and he wouldn't trust her with it.

Therefore, Jack did not send Katya after Sydney. She is involved in Covenant business and is therefore part of the recovery (they hope) of the Sphere of Life. She was patrolling the area and came across Sydney. Jack didn't need to send her there because she went there with Lauren, following the location she obtained. ;)

Oh, and Lindsey, definitely not Covenant. Working for the US, but not well enough to take on Sloane . . .
✌️

what irritates me is that they completely overlooked whatever happened between Jack and Katya that night. and i'm not talking about bed activities. they surely talked about certain things, didn't they? why didn't we see anything? :angry:

ya, tho i wouldn't want 2 c him under the covers w/ Katya and talking but we should have known what they talked about. i wonder if its such a coincidence Jack slept w/ Katya and she was covenant and mayb Irina is 2. if he is baddy which i hope he isn't mayb they mite have had talked about more than Syd just missing.

and about that whole gunpoint idea that might be it but if Jack was evil and he sent Katya to go and take Syd in at gunpoint y did Katya try 2 shoot b/c i heard the trigger and mayb she knew there weren't ne bullets but then she wouldve nown she wouldve gotten shot. so that wouldn't make sense.

and mayb there is another CIA mole and that person had access 2 knowing where Lauren was. who knows. but i don't think that Jack had nethin 2 do w/ that. but i do think that Syd was set ^ at the ending b/c how could Jack get there that fast??? to whittenberg??? especially rite after Lauren gave Syd teh numbers on purpose that she could have been told 2 give. who knows if that wasn't a Jack mask and som1 inpersinating. just as well as Syd did Lauren.

Back