Season 4 Jack's Sacrifice

So Jack went into the nuclear reactor to save Syd. I found an article describing what could happen to him. Here is an excerpt:

In the case of a large dose of radiation, referred to as acute radiation syndrome, certain common symptoms appear.  One of the symptoms is bone marrow syndrome.  This symptom refers to radiation damage to quick reproducing cells such as bone marrow, the spleen, and lymphatic tissue.  Symptoms include internal bleeding, fatigue, bacterial infections, and fever.

A second symptom is gastrointestinal tract syndrome, which is characterized by damage to cells that divide less rapidly (such as the linings of the stomach and intestines).  Symptoms include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dehydration, electrolytic imbalance, loss of digestion ability, bleeding ulcers, and the symptoms of blood-forming organ syndrome.

The third symptom is called central nervous system syndrome.  This symptom refers to damage to cells that do not reproduce.  Symptoms include loss of coordination, confusion, coma, convulsions, shock, and the symptoms of the blood forming organ and gastrointestinal tract syndromes.  Deaths from these symptoms are not direct and are usually caused by complications.

God I love Jack and I don't want any of this to happen to him!

ughh... that doesn't sound very nice... <_<
--Mandy :angelic:

not to mention, you know, the cancer, or, as the guy at the start of the show displayed, the melting :blink:

Tiger<O> said:
not to mention, you know, the cancer, or, as the guy at the start of the show displayed, the melting :blink:
[post="1292166"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
no, radiation doesn't melt people in the same way that the other machine does... they probably did something funky to the radiation before it could melt the people :blink:
--mandy :angelic:

tippinlover said:
Oh God.  I'm way too emotional right now.  The thought of any of that happening to SpyDaddy 🇳🇴
[post="1292190"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I know, I'm SCARED for him. Can you cure radiation sickness? Because he can't die.

ms.katejones said:
I know, I'm SCARED for him. Can you cure radiation sickness? Because he can't die.
[post="1292195"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
is there a cure for cancer? ;)

I would think that depends on the amount of exposure, the result could vary. ;)
--mandy :angelic:

I know I probably shouldn't freak out, but normally SpyDaddy gets tortured for a while, and then he's rescued, no big deal.

But with this, it could stretch on for a while and slowly affect him and the idea of him suffering for an extended period of time, I just can't deal with that. :(

And you know he'll be really brave about it and not tell anyone if he's in pain. Marshall's the only one who knows. I love how those two always end up together somehow. First Marshall pretends to be Jack and now he's keeping Jack's secret. Syd'll flip OUT when she learns the truth.

OMG SpyDaddy! I was so choked up when he was talking to Marshall at the end. But he'll be okay, right? I mean, he's SpyDaddy! He has to be okay... right? ;)

And the thing is you know Jack totally was not ignorant of any of those risks, he totally knew what he was doing. HE IS AWESOME!!! I must admit that I was not liking his actions or manipulation of Syd in the beginning of the eppy, but he totally redeemed himself in the end! And I really really hope he is OK. :thinking: Actually, you guys, come to think of it, we know he is b/c of the whole episode change up. The eppy last week was originally eppy 17 and he was fine in that.......so there you have it! :smiley:

The scene b/t him and Marshall was great. And it explains Marshalls great respect for him and how he channeled Jack in last week's eppy which was actually supposed to be after this eppy. No more episode change ups I hope! :angry:

Anyway completely awesome and I love Jack. And he totally knew Sydney was lying about the Vaughn thing too! ;)

Oh no! Jack is like one of my favorite characters! This can't happen to him. (n) (n) No, no! It can't. But he told Marshall and if anyone can figure out a way to help/save him it would be Marshall, wouldn't it?

I know he'll be alright, I just don't want to see him suffer. Though maybe this will bring he and Sydney closer together.

Yeah, I don't want to see him suffer either, but if it will bring him and Syd closer, I am all about it!!! ;) Congrats on your team!!! (y)

freelancer7 said:
Yeah, I don't want to see him suffer either, but if it will bring him and Syd closer, I am all about it!!! ;)  Congrats on your team!!! (y)
[post="1292288"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Thank you! I'm still celebrating!

As someone on another board pointed out, at least they talked about how strained their relationship has been so far this season. I hope they will address this a little bit more. Though it seems Jack/Sloane's agenda comes first for Jack right now. And I believe that whatever this agenda is, it will only help Syd, otherwise Jack would never do anything to hurt her.

"between us"

Gosh, Jack will do *anything* for his SpyBarbie. I hope they don't use the radiation as an excuse to kick VG off the show...that would majorly suck...

There is NO WAY they are killing off Jack. NO WAY! It couldnt happen. You've all heard about the recurring guest that has been in the works to return, right? (I don't mean Elaina, but I dont want to say to spoil it for others) Anyway, this particular character may have a secret Rambaldi antidote. And didn't Allison (evil Francie) have something to practically cure anything?!

I'm so afraid that the Season cliffhanger will be whether Jack will die or not. :( No!!! Not Spy Daddy!

Ok, I've been reading some posts about the effect of that much radiation, and some people have mentioned cancer. isn't radiation therapy what is used to cure cancer? So maybe Jack will experience some kind of radiation therapy effects, but will survive it. We can't go on without Spy Daddy!!!

boyscout11 said:
Ok, I've been reading some posts about the effect of that much radiation, and some people have mentioned cancer.  isn't radiation therapy what is used to cure cancer? So maybe Jack will experience some kind of radiation therapy effects, but will survive it.  We can't go on without Spy Daddy!!!
[post="1292390"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Its different doses and types. Radiation is used to fight cancer, but it does that by killing off many, many cells. That's why some types of chemo cause hair loss. Chemo/radiation therapy is very dangerous even in such small doses. I believe with such an extreme level there is no known real cure, but hey its TV, anything can happen!

Back