Season 4 Jaquelyn.. doesn't add up

Guys I compiled a timeline according to what little we know about Sloane and Jack's relationship. I came to two conclusions:

1) The writers have really screwed up the timeline OR
2) Sloane was lying again about who Jacquelyn was

And considering the genuineness of his reaction to the memories surrounding Jacquelyn I am inclined to think that #1 is the real case here.

You can view my timeline here.

[quote name='Vaughn's Baby Girl' date='May 14 2005, 02:57 PM']the time line seems to match up with the whole story, good job  ;)[/quote]Thanks -- but it's the gaps in the plotline that the whole Jacquelyn storyline introduced that worries me. Someone really didn't give it a whole lot of thought if I indeed did calculate the timeline right.

Vaughn said:
[post="1338822"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]

I'm also confused on the timeline, but I'm trusting that they have an answer.

I'm also not sure they just threw that in there. I've been rewatching S2 eps, and I happened to be up to "A Dark Turn", when Irina and Jack set up the meet with Sloane and Irina escapes. Jack said to Irina something about how Sloane didn't always care about Rambaldi... something triggered his obsession, but he never told Jack what.

So, in that sense, what happened in this ep fit with exactly what they've said before.

There's actually a lot of questions that we still have about when exactly Jack/Sloane met, when Sloane started SD6, and when/how Jack started working with Sloane at SD6. They've been bringing in a lot of the historical stuff lately. I figure we'll be getting some explanations soon....

I agree with Momrod 2000 when they say:-

Alot of times, when people say 30 years, they don't mean exactly 30 years.

If the pregnancy had happened in 1980/81 and the date in Aliasland is now 2007 that would make a gap of some 27 years. I think it is reasonable for Sloane to round this up to 30 years, especially as the precise date it happened wasn't important.

This would mean that the pregnancy most likely occured when Jack was in prison and later having a personal crisis on his release. Given that the Sloane's did not seem to be in the US at the time it is perfectly possible that they lost touch with Jack during the period of the pregnancy and when they returned to the US they never mentioned it to him because Emily wanted to forget it.

They may even have made a conscious decision not to tell him because they had heard he was having problems and felt that their good news would be a slap in the face to him or, alternatively, tried to contact him but got no reply.

This would mean that the Sloane /Irina affair took place BEFORE he and Emily lost the baby.

How does this sound to people?

Really, the writers haven't been too specific with dates and they messed up the timeline with Syd's missing two years, so I really think we're not supposed to worry about exactly what year things happened.

Alot of times, when people say 30 years, they don't mean exactly 30 years. How long have Jack and Arvin been friends? Were they friends 30 years ago. Arvin and Emily were obviously living in another country, so he and JAck may not have been in touch at the time.

First of all I believe this probably happened pre Jack/Sloane friendship and remember Sloane is older than Jack...
Secondly, thirty years ago Sydney 1975 was born and Jack was not there....
remember He and Sloane toasted Sydney's birth, in Saigon...this was mentioned in the third season
Third: Sloane and Emily were in Italy, probably the northern part since there was a large lake there.

The writers need to work on their timelines. I think that aggravates me the most. :angry:

;)

I always felt like the 2 missing Syd years were to catch us up to the current date, rather than advance it 2 years beyond. I felt like S1&2 occured in a shorter amount of time compared to the 2 years of airing, so by the time S3 came around, it was current day.

Alias, now, DOES take place in 2007. Those two years are being accounted for, because, if you payed attention this year, you'd have noticed that whenever they refer to events that took place in s2, they say 4 YEARS AGO instead of 2 years ago.

Back