~Je ne t'ai jamais oubliée~

Hi...
This is my second fic in english so be gentle please... :Ph34r:
Thanks to luce who corrected my mistakes. ^_^

One parter.

It's the POV of Sydney and Vaughn's daughter.

Je ne t'ai jamais oubliée

You used to tell me, "hey baby" and then you used to put a sad smile on your face and say: "I know, I've been busy lately, but I swear, I'll never leave again."

The thing is Daddy, you always left. Your job always came first.

Trip after Trip. Mission after Mission.

It's like mommy and I didn't exist.

You missed all the important things in my life, and I hated you for that!

Each time you were late from work, Mommy was sitting on the couch, waiting for you. She was worried sick. I didn't understand why my Daddy wasn't here to tell me a story before going to bed. All my friends were talking about their families and what they did during week ends, holidays, and I couldn't say anything because you weren't with us.

You always apologized before leaving home; you always said that it would be the last mission.

Late during the night, when I was supposed to sleep, I often heard you and mom yelling. I didn't want you to fight. All I wanted was a happy family.

Sometimes, I watched my friends, laughing, smiling; playing with their parents in the park. I was jealous. I envied them.

Do you really love me Daddy?

I don't know why your job is so important. More important than your own family.

Today is my 15th birthday. Do you even remember? You missed my childhood. You were never present at my soccer games or my piano recitals. You were always late for thanksgiving, and Christmas.

I don't want a dad anymore. Mom and I don't need you. We lived the past 10 years without you. All you’re doing is coming home at midnight, sleeping and then leaving at 8:00.

I'm sick and tired of your excuses: "Sorry princess, Daddy's been very busy, I couldn't make it to your recital," or "oh my god Rachel, I'm so sorry! I was in a meeting, I completely forgot about your game! I'll be there the next time I promise." Or my favourite, "Rachel... Princess; I'm sorry, I'm late..."

Sorry, sorry, sorry?! You're always sorry! But you know what dad? I'm not Rachel Vaughn anymore. I'm Rachel Bristow. Why would I be your daughter? You're always absent.

I didn't want a birthday party this year. So here I am, with mom who's about to cut the cake. And you're not here. You forgot. Again. But ooh, don't worry dad, I'm used to it.

Suddenly the door opens and uncle Eric walks in.

"Heeeeyyy!!! How's the birthday girl? Wow! You're already 15? I can't believe it... Come on, give me a hug!"

I love uncle Eric. He's been more present in my life than you.

I'm not expecting someone else, and I'm surprised when the door opens again.
I turn my heard to see who's here, and I'm stunned. You're here. You're holding a big package. Mommy doesn't say anything. She's still angry at you.

"Daddy?" I say.

"Yeah princess. Happy birthday girl," you say as you give me the huge present. I wonder what is it.

"I guess you have to leave again," I'm sure you came just to give me the present.

"Well, actually I'm not. I'm staying. And I'm not planning to go anywhere. I'm taking a break. I want to spend more time with my family."

Wait, wait, wait. Is this really my father? I don't know if he's telling me the truth...

"Listen Rachel, I know you're mad at me, but I want you to give me a chance. From now, I'm all yours. So... What do you want me to do?"

I take a deep breath, "I want you to love me. I want you to love mommy. I want you to listen to all the things you missed, and I don't want you to go Daddy... I love you."

I'm now hugging you and crying. It's been so much time since I last hugged you.

"Shhh, don't cry Rach. Daddy loves you too, very much. Never forget that."

And now, I know that everything will get better, because my Daddy is back.

FIN.

:thinking:

wow awwwwww that was soo sweet! I can't believe you're french you're english is so good i could never do that in french! (although i did understand the title *smiles proudly*)

thanks so much for sharing the story with us it was realy good

Excellent story, well written. It's like an open letter from Rachel to her father about the fact that he isn't there for her.

Back