Jen: Chemistry Machine?

Mad bout Alias said:
I would have to say Michael, all their scenes look natural, it doesnt seem like their acting!
[post="1061284"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I agree she has strong chemistry with MV on and off screen. But I also like JG with BA. Like I said on the other thread, I never thought that JG and BA looks so good together.

MV is right, JG is a chemistry machine (y)

"She's such a sweet girl and so talented. People have told us that we have great chemistry on-screen, but I challenge any actor not to have chemistry with her. It's not exclusive to me: she's a chemistry machine."

Oh, she and MV had such good chemistry. I hope it has not gone away. It wouldn't right? If she has chemistry with any actor she still can with MV?

Ah....I am making myself crazy now.

I keep thinking of that Friends episode where Joey said that there was only chemistry when two actors were not dating....and that when they started it went away. So this would be the opposite affect. They stop dating and it goes away. (arrggg....must stop worrying about this. Nothing I can do either way, right? I wish it were January already).

julesvartan said:
No worries. Chemistry doesn't go away just because a relationship does. Chemistry is a natural occurence.
[post="1063262"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

There are really good actors, and professional. Without their chemistry Alias wouldn't be the same.
I just got to know that Alias S2 in my country probably will be in the next year, but when nobody know. :blink: :thinking:

janne said:
I agree she has strong chemistry with MV on and off screen. But I also like JG with BA. Like I said on the other thread, I never thought that JG and BA looks so good together.

MV is right, JG is a chemistry machine (y)
[post="1062572"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yeah, I agree with Janne. (y) I love the chemistry between JG and MV and also BA. In fact, I feel the same way too for her and VG, but the chemistry with MV tops the list. :smiley:

Even though I like JG very much, I can't say I'm really into her of being together with BA right now. :rolleyes:

I have met several people who believe, as I do, that Jen has little to no chemistry with MV. He did hit it on the head, she is a chemistry machine. She had great chem. with Lena and all her female scene partners, especially the actress that played Elsa Caplan, Tracy Middendorf. She loves her female costars and it shows on her face.

I'm confused perilousgirl are you saying that JG has no chemistry with MV? I don't think that's possible.

KaveDweller - Well Jen and Mike didn't have alot of scenes together last season as S/V right? Well romantic S/V so we don't know if their off screen romance would have affected the show.

I'm going to keep saying it, just because the relationship doesn't work out doesn't mean the chemistry is gone.

Have you guys experienced that in your own lives?

I'm confused perilousgirl are you saying that JG has no chemistry with MV? I don't think that's possible.

I'm with you. I don't think anyone can say that there was no chemistry between S/V in season's 1&2. Even in season 3 there was chemistry.

Two years ago at ABC Primetime Preview Weekend I spoke to two people in line for the thing where you could comment on upcoming promos and shows and both didn't see "it" with Syd and Vaughn. Friends that I watch with don't see the chemistry either. Obviously I'm in the minority and that's okay. For every person I know that means there's at least a thousand others out there who agree - they're just not on this board. :smiley:
What I've also heard and will agree to marginally is that Syd/Vaughn worked better before they got together in real life.
I believe that Jen's perfect combination of feminine and masculine features is what gives her the chemistry with actors of both sexes.

perilousgirl said:
I believe that Jen's perfect combination of feminine and masculine features is what gives her the chemistry with actors of both sexes.
[post="1070511"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Absolutely agree with you. But to me she has more chem with BC. They are just so comfy with each other, no complications.

I started watching Alias last January, and watched seasons 1 and 2 on DVD while watching the last half of season 3, so that may have skewed my view of things, but I know when I first started watching season 1, I didn't see any chemistry between JG and MV. I knew they were going to get together, but I just didn't see it at first. It's hard for me to tell if the chemistry increased as they worked more together, or if I just bought into the Syd/Vaughn relationship so much that it didn't matter.

According the commentary, J.J. saw something special between them in the pilot, so I know some people saw it.

I think Jen and VG have fantastic chemistry. Take, for example, the scene from Season 2 where they are on the airplane flying to Geneva for the fake kidney transplant and Syd accuses Jack of looking at her and seeing his greatest mistake. I still get chills watching it. I also like the scene from Season 3 where Jack talks about how his feelings for Sydney would have been the same even if she hadn't been his bio daughter.

dotfar said:
I'm with you.  I don't think anyone can  say that there was no chemistry between S/V in season's 1&2.  Even in season 3 there was chemistry.
[post="1068041"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I can say that Syd and Vaughn never had chemistry together.

You can imagine my suprise at seeing how Vaughn became Syd's love interest. I always thought there was always a certain level of disrespect to Vaughn's attitude towards Syd. It was present from their first meeting. It reappears everytime that Syd and Vaughn have a disagreement. By Season 3, I felt that Syd and Vaughn had a toxic relationship. I know this is a minority opinion.

I've always thought that Syd and Will were meant for each other by how well their characters got along and how they could rely on each other. Will is the kind of best friend that girls overlook, like Jenna Rink did with Matty in 13 Going on 30. (y)

julesvartan said:
Who does Jen have the best chemistry with on screen out of all her co-stars?
[post="1060548"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

i think she has the best chemistry with MV. the first ep in season 1, the first time syd & vaughn were in the same room, i said to my mom "they will be together. i can just feel it."

dp ypou mean romantically?? cos who else could you choose than MV?? :thinking:

if you mean believability of relationship i think her friendship with will is very believeable!! as is the love / hate relatioship she had with irina - i also adore her wokring / hate relationship with sloane.

but for me its her relatioshipw tih vaughn in earyl alias that i loved. :love:

Out of all the men I've seen Jen work with, she has the most chemistry with MV. Their interaction with one another on Alias was just so believable and you could just see and feel the feelings that had for one another. It remains to be seen if that chemistry is still there in season 4 but I hope it is. That's part of what kept me watching this show.

Back