Season 5 Jen Garner spoiler

Considering everyone is thinking that this is Alias' last season, I wouldn't put too much weight on this one.

I found this article today

August 10, 2005

By theINSIDER's Marc S. Malkin

Can "Alias" survive without its leading lady, JENNIFER GARNER? Producers are hopeful. Source tells me that Garner has made it clear that she probably won't be returning to the show next year for a sixth season. Producers are apparently betting on this season's new co-star, RACHEL NICHOLS, to save the hit series. She plays a new spy being trained by Garner. If she's a hit, they're looking to make her the show's next star. Garner's rep didn't comment. An "Alias" rep says,"I haven't heard that so I can't confirm that."

Please, say it isn't true!

Ok, ABC has basically said that S5 will most likely be the last season of Alias. So why would the producers be thinking S6 then? Plus, I believe Jen is already signed on to S6 if ABC greenlights it. So she would have to ask ABC to let her go and I don't see them doing that. If there is any truth to this I would say that the producers are considering a spinoff series using Rachel Nichols character and the other newbies. Frankly, I think that if JG did leave the show that ABC would just cancel the series.

I agree, the show would be ruined with out Jennifer Garner. And i don't belive there is going to be a season 6 of alias. Season 5 is proberly the last and if it isn't i am sure Jen would stay in the show.

It would be very different if Jen wasn't on the show I must admit. Alias is pratically revovled around Sydney, so it'd be difficult to change that completely. *ponders*

hrm. i thought that a couple years ago she had signed a contract to be on Alias thru Season 8. at the time i thought, "wow, if season 3 sucks this much, how are they gonna crank out 8 seasons total?" i thought it was a bit weird.

and Abrams saw his big mistake with Alias and he said that is something he wasnt going to do with Lost. they've got the story for Lost planned out until the 8th or 9th season, so that also made me question the whole 8-seasoned-Alias thing.

they should end the show this season tho. end while you're ahead.

I'm neutral on this spoiler, but wanted to comment on what someone said about Jen loving her job and not wanting to leave Alias.

Since Alias is on its last season(s), it wouldn't be surprising or even uncharacteristic if Jen wanted to go out and venture into new projects. Especially where she is now in her career, in contrast to where Alias is now as a show.

Just a thought. :smiley:

I don't think this is a very surprising spoiler. Whether it is or isn't true, it does seem like a likely action for Jen to take.

She's newly married, going to have a baby, and is probably looking to branch out into different stuff. I think this rumor or whatever it is was bound to happen. It's probably what a lot of people are speculating about. You just have to wait and see what develops.

What about the new on The Insider? If Alias stop after five season I'll be happy, beacause usually after some season shows become boring and obsolet... but if Alias will continue without her "natural" leader... I'll be sooooo sad... 'cause it will be boring, obsolet and unnatural! Sydney Bristow is the main of Alias... the ironic and dramatic part of the show are mainly on her hands... seeing an other actress "trying" to be like her... bleah! It makes me sick to my stomach... OK! Do it with Syd as "teacher" it could be an experiment... but without her... gosh! Jen-Syd is something exclusive! Don't ruin this! It sounds like a blasphemy! So please.... rather... stop the show! (n)

I agree i would want them to stop the show if this was really Jennifer last season and they should go out with a bang. If they go on without her there's going to be a lot of fans who are going to be dissapointed and prob not watch anymore so they are better off going out with a great season with Jen.

I think it would be interesting to start a sort of "Alias next Gen." type show after this one finishes. But to try to phase original cast out and new cast in... that would be so lame. I think it would be much more interesting to start new stories with new characters and then interweave or guest star people from the original cast... spy world cross over... sort of like when Buffy and Angel would cross... except, by then the "original" cast would not have ongoing stories, but would just guest star but we would remember all the old stories so there could be cross over. I still think they should finish Alias out with a bang and finish what was started with the original cast. At this point, this is what the fans need.

As much as i love Alias i don't think it will be back next season, i mean i hope it does like everyone else. If this is Jens last season it might as well be the last season for Alias, i can't really see anyone else playing the super female spy role but Jennifer Garner her self. I really hope this is a rumor thou. ;)

If Jennifer Garner is leaving the show then who will be the Rambaldi pawn??? And who will have all the family issues and be hated by bad guys but loved by bad guys. What will Sloan and Jack do? What will Vaughn do. INCONCEIVABLE!! If she goes, the show goes.

the point is that the show cannot function without her, so we need her, but in a sense, its the same with Vartan...i think we've got this season and then its kaput...wow i just said kaput...

Back