Jen in talks to be in JJ Abrams Star Trek movie?

Jennifer Garner In Talks For Trek Role
By ALAN STANLEY BLAIR
Sep-12-2007

For five years she was known as the international super-sleuth Sydney Bristow, but these days Jennifer Garner is taking on more grounded roles which closely parallel current affairs.

J.J. Abrams could change all that, however ... and all he has to do is ask.

According to Rotten Tomatoes, Garner is currently in talks to take on a role (and a pair of prosthetic ears) in the upcoming Star Trek XI film as a young love interest for Spock, who is being played by Zachary Quinto.

"Anything J.J. asked me to do ever, that's a clear 'Don't even worry, the answer's yes,'" she said. "I owe him."

And that's not all. If Abrams really wanted it, Garner would step back into the world of espionage, weapons trading and 15th century prophets for an "Alias" movie should the opportunity present itself.

"If J.J. were writing it and directing it, then absolutely," Garner said. "I think we'd all sign on. I mean, it's all in his crazy brain. But I haven't heard. He certainly hasn't mentioned that to me but I'd be there."

Alias was also created by Abrams and ran for five years on ABC before being cancelled and hit with a shortened episode order due to ratings decline. The series also featured a few minor crossover events with Lost which Abrams also developed.

Filming is set to begin in November for "Star Trek XI," aiming for a Christmas 2008 release.
http://www.syfyportal.com/news424153.html

This would be a HUGE boost to Jen's career if she had a great role in JJ's Star Trek. JJ and Jen have great respect for each other. I hope this can happen!

Back