Jen On Jay Leno

I loved the part when she was talking about how she almost got into a fight and she did the accent saying what the girl said to her, "I'm gonna whoop you!" hehe, that was soooo funny!

it.agent77 said:
Eme said:
I made a transcript if anyone still wants it? Just let me know.
ohhhh yes please!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks a lot ;)
Okay Dokay here you go. Oooooooo first thanx for Ally for telling em yuo wanted the transcript.

J.L - My first guest the beautiful and talented actress. Boy she's really good. She stars every week in the hit show Alias. Her latest film is called 13 Going On 30. A delightful film as I said you know. It's really nice. It makes you feel good. It opens everywhere on April 23rd. Please welcome Jennifer Garner.

Jen comes out

J.L - Welcome back.
J.G - Thank You.
*crowd screams and Jen says something to them but I can't hear what she says*
J.G - shucks
J.L - Your sister.. we're missing a sister
J.G - We're missing a sister. Suzanna is here, Melissa's moving. My older sister (she says that as Jay says )
J.L - Oh okay. That's what it is okay.
J.G - Yeah
J'L - You're like the Bonzanna Girls the last time. The three girls. The two sisters
J.G - Yeah. I think things are best when done with all three Garner girls at the same time. Yep
J.L - I would say that too.Yeah
J.G - It depends but the Tonight Show is the best with all three girls.
J.L - Yep. When Suzanna was here last time she was pregnant.
J.G - She was great with child.
J.L - Great with child? Is that what you say? Great with Child?
J.G - Yes, yes.
J.L - Is that how they say it in West Virginia? Great With Child?
J.G - Yes. Yes that is how you say it in West Virginia
J. L - Where is she? Theres she is right there
J.G - She's here.
*shot of Suzanna waving to the camera in the audience*
J.L - There she is right there.
J.G - She's here
J.L - There she is
J.G - Baby's at home
J.L - Yeah
*back to Jen and Jay*
J.G - Emma Kathrine. She's beautiful
J.L - Oh Kay
J.L - Did you (could be she) what it was gonna be before it was born?
J.G - Yes. Because we voodooed her into having a girl. My older sister has a a . we have a nephew. My older sister has a boy Jack and we uh love Jack. But we wanted a girl. So.
J.L - So you did the whole. .
J.G - Yeah
J.L - OK
J.G - We did it all. Incantations. And she pulled through. Way to go Suzy. Way to go.
J.L - And do you sisters like being on TV as much as you?
J.G - Umm. I don't know. I think so. I think that they were reconised probably more frequently than I am because I am at work and I'm just kinda bopping around.
J.L - Right
J.G - But they look like me and they look you know after they were on the Tonight Show.
J.L - Right
J.G - They were reconised all the time.
J.L - Cool
J.G - Yeah
J.L - Now I know thanks for coming because I know your fighting a cold. What happened?
J.G - Oh
*Jen does a fake cough*
J,G - Um, on Alias we come up with all of these crazy schemes.
J.L - Right
J.G - And one of them earlier this week was to have me swim in the Pacific Ocean which I feel so sorry for those girls that were on baywatch forever because the Pacific Ocean. We're not in Hawaii it is
J.L - It's cold
J.G - furrr-rrriiidge-id. And the whole crew is standing there with like the sun has gone down, its windy and the whole crew is standing there in coats, zipped up, with heaters and hoods. And they're like 'Way to Go, Jen. Spray her down so she looks really you know get her good and wet'.
J.L - And what are you wearing? A bikini?
J.G - A bikina
J.L - Oh
J.G - And a demin skirt thing.
J.L - Are they . I'm guessing there are male writers on the show.
J.G - There are and a very male directer. Yes. Next thing you know they pitched me in the water.
J.L - And you had to swim in the freezing . Oh those animals.
J.G - Poor me.
J.L - Awwwwwww
J.G - Poor me.
J.L - But you did it like a trouper. Good for you.
J.G - I did it like a trouper and now i'm a fog horn.
J.L - Now, now ,now tell me about this CIA thing.You did something cause thats in the news every .
J.G - Oh yeah.
J.l - Yu did something for the CIA
J,G - Yes. The CIA came to me a while a go and asked me to take part in a recruitment video and I thought what better way to help your country than to try and recruit good people to the CIA
J.L - Sure
J.G - So this . I think it's on the website but it also has been played at like Job Fairs and Graduate Schools like MIT. that would have smart people that would hopefully sign up to work for the government.
J.l - Like you said they come to you like psst Miss Garner. I mean what is it they look like?
J.G - No I actually heard them over my ear mike. You know like Vaughn oh no its the actually CIA. Okay hang on. Yup. Yup. I'll do it. Got it. It's like that.

J.L - No but seriously did you think it was a goof? Does the guy come Miss Garner I'm CIA. Did they look like the guys you know with the glasses?
J.G - They didn't come after me. They called like you know.
J.L - Oh they call
J.G - Yeah they called. Yeah
J.L - Now was it difficult to make this little film?
J.G - Um no. I sat and read off a telecommter. A lot of luckily I's been speaking the CIA speak for a while so I could umm spit out the big words. But it was a very wordy afternoon and we whipped it out.
J.L - You know we have friends in the CIA and . . .
J.G - I heard that
J.L - And we called and they were kind enough to send us some of your outtakes because apparently you didn't get it right on the first take. Well nobody gets it on the first take. Well here lets take a look. Here we go.
J.G - You always .
*cuts to the out-takes*
I've been speaking fake CIA terminology because this is like a serious tongue twister

Okay I'm ready. Ha ha. This is a dooser.

The support elements of the CIA are our mission support offices. Mission Support Officers provide vital and innovative services in personnel and finantial management, communications, computer technology, medicine, security, ligestics and training. The MSOs support the CIA's directerets world wide so that these offices function at peak copactity and inofficentcy. *Jen breaks out laughing*

J.L (v.o) - You almost made it all the way through.

All the publicity me doing this has caused I'm sure it will be . I feel like it will follow me the rest of my life.

*Back to Jay and Jen*

J.G - Yup
J.L - And peak in offcientcy. Excellent work for your country
J.G - Thank You
J.L - Now you think you could be a CIA agent for real? Do you think youwould be . .
J.G - I wish. The more I play Sydney Bristow, the more that I wish that I could do it or had done it.
J.L - Yeah
J.G - But, I'm not good at keeping secrets that way. You know like I got my little sister an Easter basket and I was so determined to keep it hidden til Sunday and she got there Friday. First thing she gets there 'Are you gonna open your Easter basket'. I just can't keep that stuff.If your a CIA agent you have to wait for Easter.
J.L - Right, exactly
J.G - You know what i'm saying. You gotta be able to hold it in
J.L - You don't want to give them the basket ahead of time.
J.G - No
J.L - No, no.
J.G - It's like rule number 1.
J.L - Rule Number 1 don't give away Easter baskets
J.G - I do have spy ear; I don't have the capacity to wait.
J.L - Well that's good, well thats. . .
J.G - Yeah I'm ineffectient but
J.L - That's okay but it works. More with Jennifer right after this. Be right back.

J.L - Welcome back, talking with Jennifer Garner. 13 Going on 30 is her latest film and of course the TV show Alias. Now, now you play this tough character on Alias. Have you ever been in a fight? You don't seem like the fight
J.G - no no
J.L - no?
J.G - No no I'd be terrified to be in a fight.
J.L - Really?
J.G - Horrified. Horrified. But I was almost in a fight when I was actually about 13 and
J.L - Okay
J.G - this girl. I went to the girl's room once , the bathroom, and this girl who is kinda tough - she was older than I was - and she was like *puts on a West Virginia accent* I'm gonna woop you *stops* And I just remember like being in the stall and I thought who else is in here and I realised: it was just me and it was her. And she was like *accent* You in there, Garner, I'm gonna woop you. *stop* And I came out and she said *accent* I heard you told people I was a sl**. I'm gonna woop your ass. *stop* And I just remember, I went home and I was like 'Mom, what's a sl**?' And my mother was like ' Why? Is somebody calling you that?' And I said ' No but I'm getting my butt wooped'. And I didn't go to the bathroom for the rest of Junior High.
J.L - Wow
J.G - Like ever. At all.
J.L - Wow. Well, that's a very tramatic experience.
J.G - It is.
J.L - Oh kay. Now, now tell people about 13 Going on 30. I enjoyed this movie by the way.
J.G - Did you like it?
J.L - It was very sweet and
J.G - I'm glad
J.l - it's alot of fun. It made me laugh.
J.G - Yeah, I think people are really enjoying it. It's a story about a girl who at 13 wishes to be older and she is and that's the one wish of the movie. The main wish of the movie is to in order for her first wish to come true, there are consequences and she suddenly finds herself 17 years later at 30 not very nice. She's kinda b****y and nobody really likes her but she has everythinf she thought she wanted and she tries to figure out how to go back and figure out who she really was? What happened? And why she's changed so much? So thats the bigger wish of the movie. And it's just a romantic comedy and Mark Ruffelo is in it.
J.L - Oh yeah he's good.
J.G - Isn't he great.
J.L - What were you like at 13? Were you anything like this character? Cause the kid is very good, the little girl that plays her.
J.G - Isn't she beautiful.
J.L - She looks like you. I mean
J.G - I didn't look like that when I was 13 like the way she does. I was a little more, I had this big glasses and everybody says I was a geek at 13 but I was a little bit on the outside of the . I definately wasn't cool.
J.L - Well we have a picture here. Your sisters were kind enough to give us. *picture is shown* (v.o) Now what, is that you on the right, with the hat on?
J.G - Oh that's so nice. That is so nice of you guys to dig up
J.L - Is that Halloween?
J,G - Everytime I'm here you just trash me one minute after the next. Yes um no that is just a typical Friday night I believe. *back to Jen and Jay* Just um just I still do that.
J.L - Were your parents sheep herders? I don't understand. Why were you dresses like that on a Friday night?
J,G - Um, ah, um, have we talked about the CIA yet?
J.L - Yeah we did talk about them.
J.G - Oh we did. Okay shoot
J.L - So you'd just dress yup?
J.G - Yeah.

J.L - Well how did you . .how did you research the role? Did you hang out with 13 year olds? What did you do?
J.G - Um I looked at pictures like that of myself
J.L - right
J,G - which lead a lot to this added a lot to this character but um no I had a big sleepover. The producers - Donna Rothens, Susan Arnolds - have two great 13 year old daughters. There older now but we had a sleepover with all of their friends at Susan's house.
J.L - And you were over there sleeping
J,G - Oh yeah I was there. I was so into it. We had pizza and gummy bears and chocolate ice-cream and we bounced on moon bounce and we did a ouji boar. We had a very responsive ouji board that night.
J.L - See how come you can have 13 year olds, Michael Jackson has the same party and its a huge problem for everybody. See if I had a bunch of 13 year girls at my house for a sleepover on Jay is a pervert.
J.G - That would be a problem.
J.L - That would be a problem
J,G - Yes Jay.
J.L - Did you regress? Did you find yourself
J.G - Yes. We did prank calls. I prank called boys. I was prank calling boys like crazy . I think we prank called you. Remember the pizza delivery guy *cant hear what she says*
J. L - I did get some odd calls
J.G - Yeah yeah. That was me.
J.L - Well that's very silly. How about the ouji board? Did you get any creepy messages?
J,G - We did. We actually had a lot of voices from the spirit world talked to us.
J,L - Really
J,G - Yes. I can't obviously I can't disclose anything.
J.L - Oh of course that would be a violation
J.G - Yeah, we made a pinkie swear. Yeah no
J,L - A what?
J.G - We made pinkie swear.
J.L - What's a pinkie swear?
J.G - Jay! *they do a pinkie swear*
J.L - oh yeah oh this is a real guy thing
J,G - Let's do . . lets pinkie swear that you'll not dig up any more pictures or have my sisters tell any more mean stories about *real quick* pinkie swear. Way to Go. Way to go
J.L - I was duped. I was tricked. Let's show people this clip from the film. What’s happening in this scene? This is the
J.G - oh um Jenna is on a date
J.L - oh yeah this is when the guys gonna start
J.G - Oh yeah is gonna do a little dance for her. Its payback for something.
J.L - He doesn't realize your 13.
J,G - Yes
J.L - Oh right. Here take a look.
*clip of 13 Going on 30*
J.L - you sen the mivie?
J,G - no tonight.
J.L - *Jay says something I can't hear* Good Job
J.G - Thank you.
J.L - It's terrific. The movie is 13 Going on 30 opens on April 23rd.Well I'm sure it will be a big hit.
J.G - April 23rd so please go see it. I promise you'll like it
J.L - Congratulations Jennifer. Good job. Go for the pinkie *pinkie swear again*

Thanks for the transcript Eme. I was remembering those accents and i was :laughbounce: when i got to the pinkie swear! and it's 3am now... :lol:

Back