Jennifer againts the paparazzy !

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I don't think anyone is immune to the paparazzi.  You can say you don't read gossip rags in protest...but do you read People magazine or Entertainment Weekly?  They often have the EXACT same pictures that you can find in Us Weekly, Star, In Touch and other 'tabs' (and I know because I often read them all).  Do you not think that they get their pictures/gossip from the paparazzi?  If you don't, then you're naive.  Now they may not directly go to a photographer and get the pictures, but somewhere down the line a paparazzi was involved.

Eveyone is guilty of giving into the paparazzi.  Have you talked about Jen and Ben's allegeded engagement?  Who broke with that story first...gossip rags, fueled by the paparazzi.  How about the rumored pregnancy?  It didn't come from E! first.  A gossip rag talked about it.

Face it, we are all guilty of giving into the celebrity gossip in one form or another.  Do you think most celebrities think that's a bad thing?  I'm sure some do, but it raises awareness for who they are.  Would most people know who Jennfier Garner is, if she wasn't dating Ben Affleck and constantly in the tabs?

If celebrities really, really didn't want this, then they wouldn't have to put up with it.  Look at Demi Moore.  It's only recently that she's popped back up on the radar.  She got tired of it all and moved out west (Iowa or Idaho...something like that).  You didn't see her in the tabs (only until a couple years ago when she moved back to LA).  Or look at Andie McDowell, she's still in commercials and just had a made for tv movie on...but her primary residence is in Asheville, North Carolina...away from the paparazzi.  Celebrities have a lot of money.  The ones targeted by the paparazzi (if it bothered them so much) could just decide the end of it all, and live a very nice lifestyle somewhere else.  They could still do the occasional movie, but they don't have to live in LA, where there is the most paparazzi.

I guess I just have a hard time being empathetic towards them.  They realize that this is the lifestyle they've chosen.  I'm a political science major and would love to be in public policy and work on campaigns or in the government.  I understand that my life would take a significant change.  I could just as easily be a professor, do what I love, and not be in the public eye.  But that's not what I want.  By working on campaigns, I know I'll be photographed and interviewed and such...but it comes with the job.

Just as the paparazzi goes hand in hand with being a celebrity.
[post="1340324"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I completely agree hun! Let's not forget that when Us Weekly throws a party the celebrities on their covers show up!

Demi went to Idaho and became a soccer mom, ocassionally, she'd do a voice over. She's only done ONE movie since coming back and yet, there is not a week that goes by where she isn't in a celebrity magazine.

It's sad when I talk to my friends about Alias (they are into celebs as much as anyone) and they ask who JG is. When I tell them, their response is "Oh, Ben Affleck's girlfriend!" She is so much more than that!

Also, the tabloids and the paparazzi wouldn't exist if society weren't so celebrity obsessed.

^^^ it's true, while we hate that the paparazzi are chasing all the celebs, we, the fans kind of push them to do it, usually it's unintensional, like i love to know things about jen and the rest of the cast, and i get upset we there aren't new pics of them... but then i think what they have to go through for me/us to see those pics, it makes me mad :angry:

it's sucha vicious circle! :rolleyes:

Also, journalism itself is partly to blame because if it weren't for Walter Winchell (he was the first journalist to write about celebrities) There probably wouldn't be magazines like People, UsWeekly and Star etc.

I agree that it sucks, I'm sure it does but at the same time when you become an actress, singer, sports player, any kind of celebrity, you know its gonna happen so...there is not much to be done..but I agree that it prolly sucks.

[quote name='Vaughn's Baby Girl' date='May 15 2005, 07:12 PM'](y) but sometimes publicity can realy boost your career, look at paris hilton, what has she done that really is credible  :rolleyes:
[post="1341953"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
[/quote]

lol...absolutely nothing! She's one celeb that doesn't shy away from a camera.

There's no such thing as bad publicity. Prince and his artist Apollonia pretended to be married for awhile! When in real life, she was already married to someone else!

I think every celebrity is against the paparazzi, which they should be, but Jennifer sure made an interesting choice in men if she's soooooooo against it. :(

Personally, I do feel bad for Jen. Yes, she's a celeb, and part of it comes with the territory, but she's also no J. Lo who constantly puts herself out there, practically begging people to look at her. Jen has always kept it fairly quiet and private; and that should be her perogative. The stalkerazzi just make me sick. That's why I refuse to ever buy a magazine with a paparazzi shot in it. Generally, if Jen's on the cover of a magazine, I buy two copies.. but if it's a tabloid, as much as I'd love to HAVE the pics, I refuse to buy them and support the stalkers that take them.

Hmm.. I removed the pic. Thanks for letting me know.. I couldn't find that rule in the long version, but the little version I did ;) It's just odd cause I've seen paparazzi pics used in signatures here. Is that allowed?? :thinking:

I got this from Jinnie's opening post in the jennifer and ben thread

BEFORE posting in this thread, please see the forum rules (which ban, among other things, posting 'razzi pictures AND doubleposting)
She provide a link to the rules but it doesn't work for me. I think posting razzi pictures in your signature as a banner is allowed just not your posts.

aliasundercover said:
Personally, I do feel bad for Jen.  Yes, she's a celeb, and part of it comes with the territory, but she's also no J. Lo who constantly puts herself out there, practically begging people to look at her.  Jen has always kept it fairly quiet and private; and that should be her perogative.  The stalkerazzi just make me sick.  That's why I refuse to ever buy a magazine with a paparazzi shot in it.  Generally, if Jen's on the cover of a magazine, I buy two copies.. but if it's a tabloid, as much as I'd love to HAVE the pics, I refuse to buy them and support the stalkers that take them.
[post="1348033"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

The magazines that do cover stories (like People or even Cosmo) also have paparazzi pictures in them.

Unless it's a photo that has been approved by the actor/artist or you know exactly who the photographer is, it's a paparazzi picture.

If it's a picture of someone out in public and they don't have the knowledge that their picture is being taken, then whoever took the picture is either a paparazzi or acting like one.

I think it's all well and good if people don't want to buy tabs in protest (I'm certainly not one of them), but you will not be immune from paparazzi pictures. They're everywhere. On the web, on this board, in other non tabloid magazines.

It's part of the 'biz', and I think most celebrities learn to live with them, and use them to their advantage.

That's true, but as far as Jen is concerned, I don't buy the magazine unless it only has photoshoot images or screencaps of her. I just basically refuse to support people harrassing her. That's just my choice.. but I definitely feel like if everyone did that, there'd be no 'demand' and therefore, the 'supply' would no longer exist.

I think all this paparazzi atention is JG fault, since she is dating BA... In my opinion is more beautiful see her face instead she recover her.

Personally, I wouldn't go as far as saying it is completely JG's fault. The only way that she can control whether she is photographed or not is to never leave her house :lol: She's chosen not to be a prisoner of her own home.

However, there is a big difference with the way that her and MV handled the razzi with the way that her and Ben have. When her Michael started dating, they didn't make any public appearances together at any events like they did when she was married. Also, when they had to do an appearance for the show they would be separated and showed no signs of affection either. They knew that would open a can worms for their relationship which they both have said was private.

Unlike with Michael, Jennifer made a public debut with Ben at Fenway Park. It wasn't just another game it was the most historic event in Boston's and possibly, sports history. The 2004 World Series: Red Sox vs. The Cardinals. Media from all over the WORLD were camped outside of Fenway a week before, even some reporters from Japan were there! She chose to sit next to him in those seats next to the Sox dugout knowing that they were going to be filmed and photographed. Whether she knows it or not, she made a statement by doing that. She made it known that she was not afraid to be publicly seen with him. The paparazzi saw that door open and have ran with it ever since. And, that isn't the last time that she appeared with him at Fenway Park either.

It's your right to feel for her, but it also my choice not to. Her and Michael had my sympathy because they never opened that can of worms.

no one should ever be a prisoner in their own home! that's maddness! :o_O:

mike and jen were very private, and it's okay that jen and ben aren't- it would be very hard to avoid media attention

I know, me too Amaya. I'm unfortunately pretty much done feeling sorry for Jennifer, and admiring her. I miss her terribly, and I have supported and promoting her like hell, but one can only be pushed so far. :(

I, like Jen, adore Sydney, and hope that Sydney remains in our lives for a year or more please. But Jen could not have been naive enough not to realize she would become a tabloid's dream by her latest choice in men.

Jen has been inside a soap opera.

She falls in love with each costar, and while her co-star MV is doing a film with her current co-star's ex, she loses Michael to be the new Jen in Ben's life.

I thought when the reports came out that she and Ben were dating that it was a joke, because it was just too tabloidy a life that you happen to choose Ben while your man is up in Vancouver making a film with Ben's LAST Jen. I couldn't BELIEVE it was true.

I thought it was more likely for JLo to want MV than for Jen to choose Ben. It was just too much for me that Jen would go for yet another co-star. *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back