Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jen and Alias were shutout of the SAG awards too. (n) I guess the love affair with the show is over. I just hope that the final eps are fantasic so that they have something to submit next year. I would love to see this show go out a winner. :redhair:

Some people always make snide remarks about celebs.

Really, making snide remarks about those people doesn't make you seem superior to them. So let's not.

C'mon, thread. You've been doing so grand!

I cannot believe Jen wasn't nominated for a SAG award...I mean for crying out loud, she won it last year....I swear sometimes this system in Hollywood is messed up!

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series
Patricia Arquette / MEDIUM – Allison Dubois (NBC)
Geena Davis / COMMANDER IN CHIEF – Mackenzie Allen (ABC)
Mariska Hargitay / LAW & ORDER: SPECIAL VICTIMS UNIT – Det. Olivia Benson (NBC)
Sandra Oh / GREY’S ANATOMY – Dr. Cristina Yang (ABC)
Kyra Sedgwick / THE CLOSER – Deputy Chief Brenda Leigh Johnson (TNT)

This is... pretty sad for TV... Jen was better and better and better!!! 🇳🇴 censored

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series
Patricia Arquette / MEDIUM – Allison Dubois (NBC)
Geena Davis / COMMANDER IN CHIEF – Mackenzie Allen (ABC)
Mariska Hargitay / LAW & ORDER: SPECIAL VICTIMS UNIT – Det. Olivia Benson (NBC)
Sandra Oh / GREY’S ANATOMY – Dr. Cristina Yang (ABC)
Kyra Sedgwick / THE CLOSER – Deputy Chief Brenda Leigh Johnson (TNT)

This is... pretty sad for TV... Jen was better and better and better!!! 🇳🇴 censored

What I don't like about SAG is that there's no lead and supporting categories. I love Sandra Oh but she just doesn't carry the same amount of weight that Jen does on Alias. With that said, I hope she wins because the rest.. I either dont' know them or they suck coughpatrciaarquettecough. :sniper:

--Mandy :angelnot:

What I don't like about SAG is that there's no lead and supporting categories. I love Sandra Oh but she just doesn't carry the same amount of weight that Jen does on Alias. With that said, I hope she wins because the rest.. I either dont' know them or they suck coughpatrciaarquettecough. :sniper:

--Mandy :angelnot:
:lol: nice though i dont disagree :P

at least jen won the SAG last yr :smiley:

That's really sad. The nominations weren't good in any category. And I agree with Mandy. Sandra Oh is good but she just doesn't have the same role as Jen does.

I love Sandra Oh....but she is a supporting actress....that show is an ensemble cast, the show can go on without one of them. however, alias could not go on without Jen...and she is a kick-butt actress...but you're right, at least she has one...

And she has a Golden Globe...so as long as she gets nominated for an Emmy Ill be happy. But the problem is, a lot of times Emmy nominations are almost exact to Golden Globe and SAG nominations...which has me worried that Jen won't get nominated for an Emmy...

I still don't think highly of Arquette, she is as monotone as they come, but what can you do. Just hope Hargitay pulls it out! I'm really glad Jen got her SAG last year. Shows that she has the respect of the people she works with. And yeah she already one a Golden Globe so there is nothing to be ashamed about there. And she's gotten 4 nominations for the Emmys, so even if she never wins one for her role as Sydney Bristow, 4 nominations are still really amazing for an action star with no prior big roles on her belt. She's done good as well to opening up roles for women in action as well.

Thinking about it as well. Syd Bristow will forever be a legendary character. Following the footsteps of Buffy, Wonder Woman, Emma Peel, etc. Thats something to be really proud of.

I still don't think highly of Arquette, she is as monotone as they come, but what can you do. Just hope Hargitay pulls it out! I'm really glad Jen got her SAG last year. Shows that she has the respect of the people she works with. And yeah she already one a Golden Globe so there is nothing to be ashamed about there. And she's gotten 4 nominations for the Emmys, so even if she never wins one for her role as Sydney Bristow, 4 nominations are still really amazing for an action star with no prior big roles on her belt. She's done good as well to opening up roles for women in action as well.

Thinking about it as well. Syd Bristow will forever be a legendary character. Following the footsteps of Buffy, Wonder Woman, Emma Peel, etc. Thats something to be really proud of.
I agree, but it doesn't mean we can't be bitter about the fact that JG didn't get nominated. ;) :lol:
--Mandy :angelic:

I agree, Sydney will go down as one of TV legendary female characters.
I am watching the season 4 DVDs at the moment, and I loved "Nocturne", I think Jen would have deserved a nomination for that episode.

I've been watching The Horizon over and over again, and Jennifer has just absolutely delivered in this episode. AMAZING acting from Jen. That should get nominations, hopefully.

If the writing for the remaining eps of Alias are as good as they promise....the acting will be there from all of the cast. Jen, Vic, Ron are all great actors and I think that they sometimes have gone above what the writers have produced. Think about it....how many times can Sydney say that she doesn't trust Sloane and make it convincing?

Let's all hope that the Best is yet to come and I have faith that it will!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back