Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck V

Status
Not open for further replies.
just ontopic of violet.. i have never seen that kid smile.. like her face.. does she have jens dimples? cos every magazine says she does but i havent seen her smile so im in the dark on that part.... :lol:

just a random question.

:lol: I'm in the camp that agrees that Violet hates the cameras and has been conditioned not to smile for them in public :P But if you remember those pictures of Jen carrying her and Violet's facing away from the camera, there seem to be a hint of a smile and those dimples :smiley: Aaaand Jen said she's laughing and smiling a lot, too, so I see no reason why she's not ;)

:smiley:
Actors turn singers for a good cause
Valerie Kuklenski, Staff writer

A new CD from the Los Angeles Philharmonic brings together a variety of celebrities for vocals on some sleepy-time melodies familiar and new. Maybe they should have called it "The Lullaby of Broadway ... and Television and Movies."

No one on "Unexpected Dreams: Songs From the Stars" (Rhino Records) is primarily a recording artist; in fact, some might have been dragged into the studio kicking and screaming were it not for the CD's goal, to raise money for the Phil's Music Matters fund.

That effort to maintain or improve music programs in Los Angeles schools attracted several big names. Backed with lush arrangements, Scarlett Johansson takes on George Gershwin's "Summertime" from "Porgy & Bess," Eric McCormack performs Elton John's "The Greatest Discovery," John C. Reilly ("Chicago") swings through Sylvia Fine's standard "Lullaby in Ragtime," and Teri Hatcher wraps it up with Lennon & McCartney's "Good Night."

"There's really an incredible array of talent donating their time for this," said Charles F. Gayton, a producer on the album. "It goes to how important people think music education really is."

Jennifer Garner likely had baby Violet in mind when she recorded "My Heart Is So Full of You" from Frank Loesser's musical "The Most Happy Fella." "She found out that morning that she was pregnant, when she came in to do that take," Gayton said.

Ewan McGregor does Sade's "The Sweetest Gift," John Stamos performs

Billy Joel's "Goodnight My Angel," and Lucy Lawless sings "Little Child," an Eric Vetro/Alan Rich love song to a newborn. Been wondering about some lyrics to Bob Dylan's "To Make You Feel My Love"? Jeremy Irons renders it a little gravelly but with all the consonants. The CD also includes Broadway veterans Marissa Janet Winokur (Vetro's "The Wish Song") and Victor Garber (Stephen Sondheim's "No One Is Alone").

"Unexpected Dreams" is another title in a growing array of music aimed at soothing a little one and pleasing the parent in the rocking chair at the same time. Babies and young children crave routine at bedtime, and CDs such as the all-instrumental "Bedtime With the Beatles" (Sony Wonder), Dave Koz's "Golden Slumbers: A Father's Lullaby" (Warner Bros.) and "Lullaby: A Collection" (Music for Little People) can satisfy that need while helping moms and dads get out of the "Rock-a-Bye Baby" rut.

Recordings such as "On a Starry Night" (Windham Hill) and "The Planet Sleeps" (Sony) expose young listeners to bedtime melodies from around the world.

"Unexpected Dreams" is on sale at retailers and through www.amazon.com.- Valerie Kuklenski

Kevin Smith has a special show he does every year for his fans called Vugarathon.He shows movies that aren't out yet with special guest ,etc.This year he suprised everyone and showed the premiere "Catch and Release"
(y) Lucky people

Secret Film #1: "Catch & Release"

It's a big honor for us today, as Kevin takes the stage to welcome us to the thon and also reveal that we will indeed be the FIRST audience to see "Catch And Release". Writer/Director Susannah Grant takes the stage and lets us know that we're also seeing a version that no one else will never see, and we'll have a chance to give feedback after the film. The ending that is attached to this print is apparently going to be reshot and changed.
"Catch & Release" is an excellent, fun, flick -- Should be the PERFECT date film when it arrives in theaters January 2007. Since we're privy to such an early look, we're going to keep spoilers to a minimum here, but we can let you know that the film opens finding lead Garner's character "Gray" with a suddenly deceased fiance and three male friends (one of which is our own beloved Kevin Smith, as Sam). The flick proves a surprise as the Garner/Olyphant relationship that you saw in the trailer, while important, is only treated as one of the plots, and all the characters get lots to do. Kevin himself probably enjoys more screentime than anyone, and gets major laughs in pretty much any scene that he appears. The dude's multi-talented, for sure, and many say even carries the film throughout.

Following the film, Grant returns to the stage for a Q&A. We learn that she filmed over three hours of material and quite a bit was cut, including a few subplots. Kevin, however, got most of his material in there, in fact, managed to ad lib to extend the screentime ever more, she joked.
So why the delay in release? "Catch" was due last month originally and would definitely play fine anytime, but since Garner was pregnant, than busy finishing up Alias, the studio decided they wanted to wait for her availability to promote the film to its full extent. Thus, the current January 2007 bow is scheduled. We're predicting a fine take for the film, which should have couples filling up the seats. Really enjoyed this one. Congratulations to all involved.

wow...they are sooo lucky!! i wish i could have seen the film earlier!! i wanna see it soo bad...can't wait until jan for when it comes out!!

the unexpected dreams cd is pretty darn good too...i tried downloading it but no one had it :(...but i do have the song jg sang so thats good!! lol!

just on a random note/thought...i was watching the episode of the pretender...the one jg is in...it's pretty old...from like 1999...but i just thought it was weird that her characters name is billie vaughn....and then on alias...vaughn's dad's name is bill vaughn...well just thought i would share my little useless discovery! ha ha

Wow, that is pretty freakin awesome....I wish I could have seen it, that would have been awesome! I'm glad to hear its a good and funny movie...can't wait till it comes out in January!

Good to know that they held the movie for those reasons and not because they thought the movie was weak. Usually a January release means the movie isn't good enough for a spring release (Elektra). Jen will need a good one to help her along with the movie career. Although, if the big screen isn't good for Jen, I'm sure that TV would welcome her back with open arms. I for one would love to see her again on a weekly show....how bout a SitCom! :lol:

I don't think Jen will ever go back to television full time...but maybe thats just me. I think Catch and Release will be a great movie...I think it'll bring in a lot of money. Plus, this new one, The Kingdom...will hopefully put her on the way to movie stardom

Well, I'm glad that they didn't just push back the date because they didn't think it was good. To me it looks like it's going to be an awesome movie, but I might be bias considering I would say everything Jen has been is awesome, lol :smiley: .

~Andrea :angelic:

Garner 'Steps Down' from 'Dallas' Casting

HOLLYWOOD - Jennifer Garner reportedly turned down the role of Pamela Ewing in the forthcoming Dallas movie, after discovering her husband Ben Affleck's ex-fiancee Jennifer Lopez had signed to star in the remake.

The Alias beauty started dating her Daredevil co-star in July 2004--seven months after the actor ended his high-profile engagement with J.Lo.

British newspaper the Daily Mail claims Garner was in talks to play Bobby Ewing's wife Pam, but backed out when she realized Lopez would be playing JR's alcoholic wife Sue-Ellen.

A source says, "Jennifer Garner was really keen to be in Dallas, but I think she felt there would be a bit of a strain between them on the set and that could have led to awkward situations.

"Both are totally professional, but there might have been a certain 'atmosphere' and Jennifer Garner didn't need to go there."

Source

That kind of sucks. -_-

I totally understand Jen though.

I'm glad she backed out, regardless of the whether or not J-Lo is in it. Big screen remakes of TV shows tend to be crappy (Dukes of Hazzard anyone?). I'd rather Jen do something more original.

Yeah, I didn't even know she was in talks to be in Dallas...she is seriously getting tons of movie offers! It's crazy! Lol. But I am glad that she backed out regardless of the fact that JLO is in it...I think she has more to offer than that.

i dont think she got out of the movie for the atmospehere, i think she got out of the movie bc J.LO was IN the movie :lol: nothing personal. I personally think that J.LO's movies dont rate very high..

i sound mean.. :lol: oh well :smiley:

I went and voted a few times...but she is way far behind....we need more votes!

So I guess Ben and Jen are renting a Jeep while they're in Boston...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back