Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jennifer won a Golden Globe immediately, because her talent is so clear, that they couldn't ignore it. But those kind of Awards usually snob shows like "Alias"... they still consider a drama as a "shakespearean" one... they don't know the meaning of "original", especially at the Emmy Awards. They give the Award to decent Thespian, but rarely they give it to a great actress. Jennifer Garner doesn't need an Award to be a star, nor to be a great actress (giving us huge emotions)... all people know it... she must know it... So... who cares about awards? Let's try to ignore it. Emmys are not part of the actual and modern world, they're part of their "pathetic freezed past". Don't forget that great actresses of the past (like Greta Garbo for example) has never won an Oscar, when some Oscar winner was ridiculous... so... awards... they don't mean nothing at the end...

grrrr....these emmy ppl are so stupid. seriously..i'm honestly saddened that this was their last year and they didnt even get any nominations for the actors. jen, victor, ron, michael, etcc.. did such a wonderful job!. i mean..how many times have you seen jg cry or victor threaten or beat someone up. not only that..but jg did the last season while being pregnant. i mean, that must count for something right?! it is just so not fair how alias is always being underrated. well newayss..i hope one day all these alias actors will get what they truly deserved. because hopefully in the end..whatever they did on alias will be truly worth it. so who knows, someone might get an oscar in the future!

here's for hoping! x D

The rules for nomination changed this year and I was hoping that Jen might be nominated but nooooo. and Hugh Laurie wasn't nominated either. WTF!!! ARGH!!!!

:mellow:

i agree with you bianconiglio...it's just that sometimes it is nice to see a DESERVING actor recieve an award or nom for their hard work and dedication...however i agree that there are so many outstanding actors that don't recieve awards, and even though they didn't recieve any awards, it doesn't make them bad actors.

either way jg is still in my top 3 favourite actors!!! and award or no award won't change that!

I'm disappointed at those Emmy people too. Jen really deserved an Emmy. I hope she'll win or at least get nominated for a Oscar.
Anyway, I saw this in jen-fans.com forums

"Tito Ortiz faces off against Ken Shamrock Saturday at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas during Ultimate Fighting Championship 61 - and oddsmakers are pegging Ortiz as the winner.

Online betting site YouWager.com has set the odds at 1 to 5 for Ortiz and 4 to 1 for Shamrock, who is so way past his prime.

No word on which stars will be in attendance, but fans like Bruce Willis and Jennifer Garner have doled out up to $3,000 for ringside seats at the biggest brawls.

"The Buzz" can't help but to hope Ortiz - who hung out with jockey Robby Albarado at Fourth Street Live during the Kentucky Derby festivities, where they both eschewed alcohol for Red Bull - puts a rear-naked choke hold on Shamrock and causes an instant tap out. Now that's a rush. Hey, what can I say? I've gotta let my inner scrapper out somehow..."

Anyone else think this is fake?
Either fake, or I never knew Jen was a UFC fan?

As a diehard fan, I'm sorry to say I think some of you are on mind-altering medication, jumping up and down about how JG should have received an Emmy nomination. Let's all take a reality check here.

We're all Alias fans, most of us are Jen Garner fans, but let's take a good look at 5 years of Alias. Jen's best years coincide with Alias's best years, Seasons 1 and 2. After that, the show and her acting weren't up to the same standards. This slide coincides with the growth of her movie career and the changes in her personal life. Once her life outside of Alias became busier, Alias became less of a priority and that showed in her acting.

Of course it's just an opinion and probably no one will agree, but this show ended because of combination of reasons, including JG's desire to concentrate on other parts of her life and career, which is her right. I guess I find it odd that some of the most diehard fans are wearing blinders....

As a diehard fan, I'm sorry to say I think some of you are on mind-altering medication, jumping up and down about how JG should have received an Emmy nomination. Let's all take a reality check here.

We're all Alias fans, most of us are Jen Garner fans, but let's take a good look at 5 years of Alias. Jen's best years coincide with Alias's best years, Seasons 1 and 2. After that, the show and her acting weren't up to the same standards. This slide coincides with the growth of her movie career and the changes in her personal life. Once her life outside of Alias became busier, Alias became less of a priority and that showed in her acting.

Of course it's just an opinion and probably no one will agree, but this show ended because of combination of reasons, including JG's desire to concentrate on other parts of her life and career, which is her right. I guess I find it odd that some of the most diehard fans are wearing blinders....

I really truly don't agree with that. And I'm not just saying that because I'm a Jennifer Garner and Alias fan. I do ageee that other aspects of her life became more important as time went on, but I don't think it affected her acting ability in the least. I think she actually became stronger as time went on. Her role on Alias became a lot different in season 3, maybe that's the difference your seeing, but her acting was still amazing, even if the story wasn't always. Season 1 and 2 defiantly had alot of her good work there, with many scenes that probably did deserve an emmy, but season 3, 4, and 5 all were amazing acting years for her too. I understand that by season 5 she wanted to concetrate more of her time to her family, but I think she gave those last few episodes her all. Probably some of her best work too, in my opinion. Maternal Instict was simply amazing and the last scene with Jack was one of the best scenes she ever did. After those 5 years of hard work and dedication there's no way she should have not gotten an emmy. Jennifer Garner is one of the best actresses out there, and I think her time on Alias highlighted that through each season!

~Andrea :angelic:

I completely agree with you. This last season I felt like she couldn't give a felgercarb about it. :(

I don't really understand that. I think Jen's acting has been on par every season or even better. Now, she has had more going on in her personal life these past few seasons....but honestly...Season 2, great season, but Jen was going through a divorce...a very personal thing that went public, something very hard to deal with. Yet, her acting was still as strong. And even though she started a family during Season 5, doesn't mean she didn't give it her all on Alias. Jen loves that show. She always will. BUt as a diehard fan, you should also realize, that this, season 5, was bound to be the end. They were running out of stories to tell. We knew it. ABC knew it. JJ knew it. And Jen knew it. It was time for Alias to be over. Everyone knew it. But Jen never gave up on it. I don't think any of them did, well, except for JJ, but that's a different story.

To say the truth I've preferred a lot her acting in season 5 than in season 4... I think (for example) that in the first and the last episode she's been awsome, but the hit has been her acting in Maternal Instinct: I compare her acting in that episode to the ending of season II, when she won a SAG award. Season 1 was the best for her acting, because she was absolutely "original" in the way she played an "action hero". Don't forget that the "action-hero" awards aren't that much.... The first year she came out with her talent for the first time and nobody could ignore it... Jennifer Garner has been nominated for 4 years at the Emmy... but they never found the courage to let her win it... I think it's better that she's been totally ignored this year... because an other nomination without the award... it'd have been worst. I'm sure anyway: Jennifer Garner doesn't need an award, in spite of the fact she really deserves it. I don't mind nothing else but this: this last year Alias has made me the happiest TV beholder, because "Alias" let me see Jennifer Garner and Elodie Bouchez acting together! Thank you! :D

If anything, I think Jen's acting has gotten better and better. Season 1 and 2 were good, and she was amazing at playing the naive action hero who wants to be right, but wants the truth at the same time. However, I think she was at her best during Season 5, because she knew it was the last one, and it was emotional, so she gave it her all. I think the best I've ever seen her act was during MI, and R/ATTITW. The last 9 episodes or so were just amazing, and Jen really hit it right on. She was able to show Sydney's growth, and that, to me, is the best thing a TV actor or actress can do with a character.

Most diehard fans don't wear blinders, but when people that don't give a felgercarb about these fan sites are saying Jen had a good year, FAR better than she had in Season 4, I think thats why people are disagreeing with you. Its okay to have a different opinion about her acting, you will see I have one differing from yours, but why are we needing to negatively say to those who liked it this year, the ones that care about seeing Jen there, that they are wrong?

It didn't affect her acting. Take Jen playing Anna Espinosa, every little characteristic Gina had, Jen did. When she needed to portray something horrible happening, and that emotion came out, Jen's acting was top notch. When you have a show with a major, MAJOR writing overhaul during Season 4 and 5, and you have a request by people, fans like yourself, saying she can't express as much emotion as she once did, the directing changes, and the way Syd is presented changes. But in those deep moments, the ones that made Sydney Bristow a legendary character, you see that the way that Jen acted in Season 1, Season 2, Season 3, she is still the same actress, with the same loyal hard work she has always done in Season 4 and 5.

Could I say that all the actors involved with Alias were the same way? Yes. Gladly.

Yeah I think its sad that she didn't make the list, but when you see the type of group that didn't make the list either, Edie Falco, Hugh Laurie, and others.... Its not that big a deal that she wasn't picked. She's got a SAG award, which is a HUGE acting award considering your peers are voting for you, and a Golden Globe. Plus, thinking about it, she has a good amount of work ahead of her that might gain her an Oscar one day.

Guess who else won't be watching the Emmys this year? :angry:

Looking ahead though, I think the Emmy judges just might end up eating crow the day that Jen wins an Oscar - it won't happen right away, but, with the right movie and the right role, it will eventually. ^_^

Yahoo has a trailor of Ben's movie Hollywoodland...here is the link to the page.

Hollywoodland Link

As for Jen's acting...I'm sure that she got frustrated giving it all she had and getting robbed year after year.

Although, I think a lot of it had to do with the episodes that were submitted....they were never the ones that most of us thought were the best. I don't even have any clue what was submitted for S5... for all we know it could have been a felgercarb ep.

can we find out what eppy's they submitted??

ya i agree sydsbiggestfan!!...i saw the preview for ben's move like a week ago or so (there was a clip on ET too)...and as soon as i saw it i was like definitely going to see that!!! it looks really good, it has a great cast too!!!...maybe this movie will help bring him out of the stink-hole he was in after those last few movies...however some of the movies that got bad reviews i really liked... :blush2: lol...ha ha i really like ben's acting...but neways can't wait for it to come out....and then jg's films!!! it will be a great year!!

Wow, you can tell it's really hot there just by looking at the picture. Look at the guy on the floor, he has really sweaty armpits and seems like he has a headache; i feel for him.
Anyway, finally, a pic of Jen! She's looking great :smiley:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back