Jennifer Garner Keeping 'Alias' Until '08

M

Marlene

From Yahoo!-

Jennifer Garner Keeping 'Alias' Until '08
Fri Aug 1, 1:22 AM ET

By Nellie Andreeva

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Actress Jennifer Garner is preparing to stay on the spy-fi TV beat for a long time to come. Sources said the actress is finalizing a new deal that will keep her on the ABC drama "Alias" through the 2007-08 season.

Garner, fresh from her second straight Emmy nomination for her role as undercover agent Sydney Bristow, is expected to receive a substantial salary bump under the new deal, which extends her commitment to the Touchstone Television show by an additional year, through its seventh season.

Representatives for Touchstone and Garner declined comment.

Under the new pact, Garner -- who is said to have started on the show in 2001 with about $40,000 an episode -- will be paid about $150,000 an episode, sources said.

"Alias," which is returning for a third season in the fall, has enjoyed strong critical buzz and a rabid cult following but has yet to blossom into a broad-based hit for ABC.

In addition to her two Emmy nominations, Garner's high-kicking performance on "Alias" has earned two Golden Globe noms and a win in 2002.

On the feature side, Garner, who appeared in "Daredevil" and "Catch Me If You Can," recently wrapped a starring role in "13 Going on 30." She is next slated to star in the indie "Happy Endings," opposite Lisa Kudrow.

:D :D :D :D :D all i can do is smile cause if she stays alias will have to and to watch it up to 2008 will make my weeks happy, that is so cool. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Yeah...it was officially posted from the source at 1-sometime this morning....and I dont' wake up until 9...so figure...a time lag. ;)

From the closed thread:

Alias is not going to extend til 2008. Well, hopefully it will, but that's not what the article is about. That doesn't mean the show will have 7 or 8 seasons. It means her contract with ABC/Touchstone will last til 2007-08 regardless if the show is or isn't on the air.

Congratulations to Jennifer getting an extra $110,000 per episode! (y)

$40,000 per episode is nothing to complain about considering so many actors in showbusiness don't get regular work, but it was low pay compared to other shows. I know the network would say that she was a new unproven actress when she was hired. That relatively low pay explains why her house with Scott looked fairly modest. ;)

That low level of pay makes me wonder why there was talk that JJ Abrams was considering eliminating Francie, Will, and Emily to reduce expenses. It seems like they already had an economical actor's budget. I think the cast of The Practice were all making several times Jennifer's raise! :P

It's a nice raise, but she's nowhere near the $1,000,000 per episode of the cast of Friends. But the cast of Friends had to work for 6 years to get that kind of clout! Jen will earn more raises in the future. ^_^

Friends is in the top 10. With the slipping ratings of The West Wing, the whiners on that ensemble are due for a wake-up call.
;)

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! GO JEN!! GO JEN!!!! Daaaaaaaaaang...... a lot of money!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO! 2008 BAYBE!!!! AHA!! OH YEAH!!! BOO YA!!!!!!!

this is great news! i kno its a lil late, but i jus came back from my church retreat. im so glad that shes gonna be alias for a long time. it would seem a little weird if it was with someone else.

verdantheart said:
Friends is in the top 10. With the slipping ratings of The West Wing, the whiners on that ensemble are due for a wake-up call.
;)
I've heard that Martin Sheen was getting $300,000 per episode. Last year Rob Lowe didn't get a raise like everyone else did, so he left the show.

I heard a few days ago that the other members of the cast of The West Wing now want to increase from $70,000 per show to $150,000!

I don't think that those secondary characters should be making as much as Jennifer who is the star of her show. (n)

Back