jennifer garner on jay leno

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey, so did anyone see jennifer garner on jay leno last night?

just a short recap for people who didn't, she talked about how she was going to spend christmas with her parents on a boat somewhere in the bahamas and she was afraid that they'd left this hat that says "santa pup" on it at home because she always wears it when she gives out presents. it was a cute, if somewhat weird, story. anyway, what i REALLY wanted to talk about was when jay leno asked her about scott foley's new tv show. it's going to air on tuesdays at 9 or something. so then he asked her, "what if your show and his show aired at the exact same time? who would you root for?" and she sort of hesitated and said something like, "well, he makes more money than me, so we'd probably root for him."

now, does this strike anyone else as a little odd?? alias has been on for an entire season already and as we can see from last season, it was fairly successful. jennifer garner became a huuuuge mega star with magazine covers like, everywhere not to mention roles in two uber big movies (catch me if you can and daredevil). so after last season, it would make sense that they would probably raise her salary, right? and yet, scott foley is still making more than her? on a show that's JUST starting out?

btw, please don't take this to mean that i don't like scott foley; i do! i think he and jennifer garner are such a cute couple (i loved her story on another ep of jay leno where she told about how they had limo problems on the way to the emmys) and when he was on felicity i totally wanted him and felicity together. but still...i found it a little weird that he made more money than her, especially considering the fact that if you went up to a random person and asked them if they knew who jennifer garner or scott foley was, i bet they'd probably say they've heard of the girl before but not the guy.

anyway, i don't really want to reach the ugly conclusion of "men just get paid more than women, no matter what" but...that's almost what it looks like. i mean, is it just me or does it look like that to anyone else too? :thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back