Jennifer gets expanded role on ALIAS?

It appears that Jennifer Garner will add writer/producer to her ALIAS resume. This info was not obtained through any magazine or newspaper, so don't say, "I haven't read that."
I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner and I'm thrilled that she will take on expanded responsibility.

This could be a precursor to her role in the show if in fact she opts out of Season 6, if there is one.

That's great! I recall reading somewhere that she really had to fight for the direction that her character will be taking. With this title, it shows us that she will have a bigger say on what happens with her character and the show. I like that.

perilousgirl said:
It appears that Jennifer Garner will add writer/producer to her ALIAS resume.  This info was not obtained through any magazine or newspaper, so don't say, "I haven't read that." 
I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner and I'm thrilled that she will take on expanded responsibility. 

This could be a precursor to her role in the show if in fact she opts out of Season 6, if there is one.
[post="1452288"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Interesting... Thanks. (y)

So there is some truth in that she might want to opt out of season 6? :blink:
--Mandy :angelic:

Maybe she's some getting producer experience for the "Be With You," the movie she will produce and star in for 2006.

As a producer, Jen will get a few more $$ in residuals when Alias goes into syndication. Girl is set for life!

question, what does vanity title mean?

Vanity title seems to be when a person may be called a writer or a producer, or a director, but its mostly others involved that do the work. But credit is given to the said person anyway.

I would say its a working title, just because Jen did the directing part and she was fully involved with that. The girl jumps into things 100%. :smiley:

So if she's becoming a writer, more power to her. :smiley: And producer. Hee.

not at all.

there are rumors that she's going to leave after this season, and then the new characters (primarily rachel nichols) will take over.

but the way i see it, if there is no more sydney, then what's the point of having sloane, nadia, jack, and irina? the only people that could really stay would be marshall and dixon, but we know from the beginning of season four that marshall likes his co-workers and would miss them, and i have a feeling dixon would be the same way.

if it is absolutely necessary, i say forget Alias, and just give the new characters a spin-off. Alias is jennifer garner's show, not someone else's.

Back