Jersey Girl (2004)

Title: Jersey Girl

Tagline: He wanted it all...but he got more than he bargained for.

Genre: Comedy, Romance, Drama

Director: Kevin Smith

Cast: Ben Affleck, Raquel Castro, Liv Tyler, George Carlin, Jason Biggs, Jennifer Lopez, Stephen Root, Mike Starr, Will Smith, Jennifer Schwalbach Smith, Harley Quinn Smith, Jason Lee, Matt Damon, Carol Florence, Betty Aberlin, Matt McFarland, Sarah Stafford, Paulie Litt, Christian Fan, Victor Chavez, William Mace, S. Epatha Merkerson, Jada Copeland Goodman, Alice Schaerer, Brian T. Delaney, Matthew Maher, Robert G. McKay, Ernest O'Donnell, Cymande Lewis, Dan Etheridge, Mark Jwayad, Charles Gilbert, Charles McCloskey, Matthew Cloran, Tom Cleary

Release: 2004-03-25

Runtime: 102

Plot: Ollie Trinke is a young, suave music publicist who seems to have it all, with a new wife and a baby on the way. But life deals him a bum hand when he's suddenly faced with single fatherhood, a defunct career and having to move in with his father. To bounce back, it takes a new love and the courage instilled in him by his daughter.
Jersey Girl (2004)

okay, okay, so I know there are skeptics. a lot of them. and after Gigli, a Ben and Jen movie doesn't seem too worthwhile. but there's gotta be a chance -- however miniscule -- that this movie will be everything that Kevin Smith makes it out to be in his production diary ( moviepoopshoot-- Jersey Girl Diary l warning: mr. smith's got something of a potty mouth here. ;) ). and I am *praying* that it will be so. :D

the movie's supposed to be based on Smith's experiences as a father and husband, which does seem like a departure from Jay and Silent Bob. :D Liv Tyler also stars.

so, any thoughts on this? :D

p.s. the movie poster: because you know you want to. ;)

"Ollie Trinke (Ben Affleck) is young and at the top of his game as a music promoter. He is both a workaholic and a silver-tongued expert at manipulating the press. At a company Christmas party, Ollie meets Gertrude Steiney (Jennifer Lopez), a book editor for a New York publishing house. They are instantly attracted to each other, and begin a whirlwind romance that changes the course of his personal and professional life."

from Miramax. ^_^

I'm all about Affleck for this movie ;)

And of course it sounds corny, but Kevin Smith did it, so you know it'll be hilarious.

Ok :thud: There is a new movie. It is called Jersey Girl.

Ben Affleck stars in it.

So does Liv Tyler.

Those are probably my two least favorite actors. I hate them. And that is an understatement. :mellow:

:o_O: :banghead: :stupidcomputer: :tvhorror:

I just thought everyone should know in advance that this is going to be a terrible movie. :smiley:

:laughbounce:

yumyum_sark_&_vaughn said:
um... why does everyone hate them? has nobody seen armagedon?
There was only two good things about Amargeddon 1 was the screen play (JJ), 2 Liv Tyler.

It was a terribly overdone movie, like Nucleur Bomb on train

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database