Season 5 JG Campaign

White_Rabbit

Mr. Trixter
I know there is already an MV Campaign, but it has been said that he will be in the show for most of the fifth season, and he is listed as a regular. None of any of these rumours have been certainly 100 % confirmed by ABC.

Let's say S5 is not the last season. That doesn't change the possibility/rumour that it is Jen's last season. I say we start a JG Campaign, because if anyone on Alias has to stay for it to survive, it's Jen. If Jen leaves, the show is definitely over, because JJ and his "crew" will not have the show continue without it's leading lady. We should do everything in our power to convince JG and ABC that she should stay on the show for a sixth season, if the show is renewed for one.

I'm posting this in the spoiler section because, like MV leaving, JG not returning for sixth season if the show is renewed is a rumour. But if it's worth all that effort to save Michael Vaughn (or whatever his name is now), then I think it's worth it for Syd.

If anyone would like to help, I would appreciate it. I can create the banners and what a website for the campaign might look like, and if anyone else knows HMTL very well and can help find a place that offers free webspace, that would be great. Let me know what you think.

Let's keep Alias and Syd on the air by showing how much the show means to us.

Personally, I think that if Jennifer wants to leave, she should be free to do so with the support of her fans.

However, I DON'T think the show should continue when she leaves.

Not to be rude...but...don't waste your time.

First off -- it's a rumor. Second off -- there might not even BE a S6. Third off -- even if Jen wants to leave, it doesn't mean they'll let her.

I'd wait at the very least until halfway though S5.

First off---They can't force her or MV to do anything. No one can.

Second--MV leaving is also a rumour, and he didn't even say he wanted to leave. But as soon as people heard that, they jumped up and down and before you knew it all over the web was the campaign. People would stand on their heads for the guy because of a rumour, but they won't for Jen?

Third--And if there isn't a S6, then NO ONE IS COMING BACK, including MV.

Keep in mind, I'm considering this. If anyone wants to actually help, just say so.

Ok ... I wanna just say this ... as Ethan just said ... everybody seems to forget that JG is the star of the show, but no one ... and I am saying no one on this board is even considering a campaign for her to be on S6 ... (if there is a season 6) ... but all of you have started a campaign to support MV and you don't wanna show appreciation to THE LEADING LADY of the show Alias ... I am not saying you can't do it ... but come on ... lets be fair here ... the rumors of JG leaving started way before we got the confirmation for MV ...

If JG decides not to come back for another season, than I would say ... stop the show, cancel it ... but if she decides to come back, and ABC keeps the show ... will you continue watching ... ???

Most of the fans, have been saying, this is the last season ... the president of ABC has said that 80% certainty that this is the last season ... and the decision to bring new blood to the canvas of the show is to see where they can go from there ... are the fans gonna enjoy these new characters? are the fans just gonna be angry and decide against a character like they did with Lauren???

And if people stop watching because MV is gone, that would definitely put a damp on the show, and ABC will definitely cancel the show ...

So, I can help you in whatever I can Ethan ... (y)

It confuses me that so many think the MV Campaign is a bash against Jen. And I'm not pointing fingers at anyone here (although some comments did go along those lines).

I might be a Michael fan, but I certainly wouldn't find Alias enjoyable without Jen's amazing perfomance. Believe it or not, it is indeed possible to like both of them.

I don't think anyone was suggesting that the MV campaign was bashing JG ... what I personally was suggesting, that if we as fans of the show can get a campaing on for theis show ... for example, the Bring Back Lena ad campaign, the Support Alias web-site and campaign, and now with the MV Campaign ... why not do one for Jennifer Garner ...

We are all the same fans, who contributed to all of the other campaigns, why don't we all join together and support all of us, who are going through this together ... lets support MV and JG ... they need to know we care about them and the show ... ;)

and I am sorry if I offended anyone ... :(

I think there is a "GarnerGeeks" forum (or something like that)... don't know the direct link, but I see it in sigs everywhere.

I think the big difference here is also that we don't believe this was MV's choice. Where as, obviously, it would Jen's, as was stated in that rumor. And I for one wouldn't blame her if she didn't want another season nor would I want to make her feel like she owed it to anyone.

Karen said:
I think the big difference here is also that we don't believe this was MV's choice. Where as, obviously, it would Jen's, as was stated in that rumor. And I for one wouldn't blame her if she didn't want another season nor would I want to make her feel like she owed it to anyone.
[post="1463303"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

This makes sense to me too. It all depends on the surrounding circumstances on the exit. And I guess that's my biggest concern with the MV campaign. No one knows why he's leaving and if it turns out he's gotten a great opportunity on another show or movie, it would kind of suck that he may feel bad or feel pressure from his fans b/c he's decided to go another route with his life.

ETA...On the other hand, if the rumors are true, then certainly his fans have a right to show their support for the man.

As others have said, if it is Jen's choice to leave, we should respect it. there are far more important things in life than Alias, and if she wants to leave the show, we should all support that decision. We don't own her, and we should be happy if her life moves in another direction.

I think Alias has pretty much run its course, and, provided the loose ends are wrapped up this season, and we find out what Rambaldi is all about, I would be happy for Jen to leave.

However, I certainly won't be watching a Jen-less Alias. It is Sydney Bristow's show - she is the protagonist and every storyline is centred on her, UNLIKE any other character. Alias without her simply is not Alias.

And, also like other people have said, the big difference between the MV campaign and this idea is that it looks like it wasn't MV's choice to leave (something which I am still waiting for official word for before believing it). If it wasn't his choice I fully support a campaign to keep him on the show.

1.) I hope no one took my comments as a bash against the MV Campaign. I have nothing against MV, the campaign, or anyone who is a part of it. All I'm saying is that if he matters, so does JG. The MV Campaign is based on a rumour, but so is the JG campaign. In fact, I link back to the MV Campaign on my campaign site.

2.) Whatever side your on, I created a JG Campaign Site. If you want to help or support, please visit. No bashing. Thanx.

The link is also in my sig.

I don't think Alias should continue without Jen. I also think that if she wants this to be her last season we should respect that. I don't think any of the mv campaign is ignoring her, it is just that we are focusing on the most pressing issue: a possible/probably fifth season without Vaughn. We have to get through this season before we can think about the next one.

You know, it seems no matter what I say, the MV Campaign people act like I'm disrespecting Jen. I'm not. I respect her decision, I'm just showing how much the show needs her. If I didn't respect her, I wouldn't be doing this. So please don't judge me. I didn't judge you because you're doing all this for MV. There is nothing wrong with showing your admiration for an actor/actress. That's all I'm doing. Just because the rumour for MV said he wasn't leaving of his own free will and the rumour for JG did doesn't mean anything. For the last time, a rumour is rumour, and you can sugar-code it however you want, but both the MV Campaign and the JG Campaign were started based on the possibility of them leaving the show, nothing more nothing less.

So why not help?

White_Rabbit said:
You know, it seems no matter what I say, the MV Campaign people act like I'm disrespecting Jen. I'm not. I respect her decision, I'm just showing how much the show needs her. If I didn't respect her, I wouldn't be doing this. So please don't judge me. I didn't judge you because you're doing all this for MV. There is nothing wrong with showing your admiration for an actor/actress. That's all I'm doing. Just because the rumour for MV said he wasn't leaving of his own free will and the rumour for JG did doesn't mean anything. For the last time, a rumour is  rumour, and you can sugar-code it however you want, but both the MV Campaign and the JG Campaign were started based on the possibility of them leaving the show, nothing more nothing less.
So why not help?
[post="1463921"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I don't think that was what I was saying at all. And just for the record, there may be those that are upset by the situation and are taking it out on Jen... however most of us recognize that she is the star and without her there's no show. I just feel that it is more productive right now to deal with the more pressing issue. By all accounts we have 3 more episodes with MV, while there is an entire season left with JG. This is one of those "We'll cross that bridge when we come to it" situations. And with all due respect I have read that there is about an 80% chance that there won't even be a sixth season. I think the fight right now is really more about finishing out the fifth season the right way. And we know Jen is going to be a part of that.

White_Rabbit said:
You know, it seems no matter what I say, the MV Campaign people act like I'm disrespecting Jen. I'm not. I respect her decision, I'm just showing how much the show needs her. If I didn't respect her, I wouldn't be doing this. So please don't judge me. I didn't judge you because you're doing all this for MV. There is nothing wrong with showing your admiration for an actor/actress. That's all I'm doing. Just because the rumour for MV said he wasn't leaving of his own free will and the rumour for JG did doesn't mean anything. For the last time, a rumour is  rumour, and you can sugar-code it however you want, but both the MV Campaign and the JG Campaign were started based on the possibility of them leaving the show, nothing more nothing less.
So why not help?
[post="1463921"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Well, not speaking for others, I was reacting to your "you'd do it for MV but not JG" comments. So I wanted you to understand that I saw a huge difference. If I had hint it wasn't something Jen wanted, I'd be more inclined.

But it is all moot anyway, since I won't be watching it then anyway. :smiley:

but if this really IS the last season for Jen then... i mean, how would Alias work without her? it just... wouldn't function... not even a genius like JJ could pull that off

Back