was JG's emmy dress ugly?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• sorta

• Total voters
It made her look frumpy - especially that big bow right around her waist. She looked like a present. It didn't really suit her, and would have looked better on a different person. She can't do lacy and cute very well.

i voted sorta cos she did kinda pull it off even though it was way nastier than any of the other gorgeous dresses she has worn before. what was she thinking?? :thinking:

SkyGirl5 said:
sorta
i mean it was too mcuh lace in the skirt - other than that it was ok :rolleyes:
[post="1004603"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
exactly. i missed the preshow so i didnt see her on the red carpet and then they showed her sitting from the chest up and i thought she looked really nice...but then i saw a full picture...LoL :rolleyes: :lol:

iheartalias said:
exactly. i missed the preshow so i didnt see her on the red carpet and then they showed her sitting from the chest up and i thought she looked really nice...but then i saw a full picture...LoL :rolleyes:  :lol:
[post="1004809"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I did the same thing. From the waist up I thought it was pretty. From the waist down it looked like some curtains my mom has! :lol:

Okay I've really tried studying it, staring at it, wearing glasses which I don't, squinting really hard and it still hasn't grown on me.

The two tiered doily/curtain, tied with a Karate belt monstrosity (no offense to Jen, she is gorgeous) is really ugly.

Who let her out of the house looking like that?

The designer that made it should be fired.

The dress could of been saved if it was form fitting with a big slit up the back in beige, black or even red and no Karate Belt with freaking feathers.

All I can say is that she wasn't the only one that had on one heck of a ugly dress. Some of the others dresses were ugly from head to toe, at least Jen's was nice from the waist up and she still has a pretty face.

Jewel :smiley:

jewel said:
Okay I've really tried studying it, staring at it, wearing glasses which I don't, squinting really hard and it still hasn't grown on me.

The two tiered doily/curtain, tied with a Karate belt monstrosity (no offense to Jen, she is gorgeous) is really ugly. 

Who let her out of the house looking like that?

The designer that made it should be fired. 

The dress could of been saved if it was form fitting with a big slit up the back in beige, black or even red and no Karate Belt with freaking feathers.

All I can say is that she wasn't the only one that had on one heck of a ugly dress.  Some of the others dresses were ugly from head to toe, at least Jen's was nice from the waist up and she still has a pretty face.

Jewel :smiley:
[post="1005209"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

That's what I"m saying. Doesn't she have like publicists and public relations officers that makes sure she doesn't make a blunder like that? The black lace around the waist also made it look too harsh. Black on white is too much of a contrast. She should've tried a certain shade of brown perhaps. Or if she wanted a bit of oomph maybe a green.

On first look, I had to blink twice. No, make that 3 times. Now that I am used to it, not so bad. As weird as it looks, however, I gotta say, the girl just looks good--really nice makeup, the dazzling smile, the hair, the toned arms; she was gorgeous--from the waist up. Very different choice.

Doesn't she pay that stylist, Rachel Zoe, some big bucks so she doesn't make fashion faux pas?

it would have been gorgeous if it werent so big down the bottom, but after a short while i started to like it. the back was gorgeous, and the pattern was too up top. the top half was good.

it looked like she put on some curtains and then tied them with a karate belt.
:lol: :lol:
That's the best description I have read!!

This is what E! online said:
I Do Declare!
Secret agent or southern belle? Alias star Jennifer Garner wears an Oscar de la Renta white lace layered dress that looks like it was made from a few tablecloths and tied with a black ribbon. Great for a Kentucky garden party--or a wedding. Hey, you don't think...Better warn reluctant groom Ben Affleck!

Back