JG on IFC's "Dinner for Five"

Azalea

Azy in Wonderland
Just to let people know who don't already, Jennifer Garner will be on the Independent Film Channel's "Dinner for Five" on Monday, January 20th, at 7:00 PM (possibly 8:00 EST?.) At first I was mad because I thought I didn't get IFC, but then I remembered I did, and that it's the Sundance Channel I don't get. Here's the official TV Guide description.

Dinner for Five
30 min.
Host Jon Favreau chews the fat with members of Hollywood's in crowd in the second-season opener.
Favreau's gatherings are known for their candor and informal banter, and on this show, he kicks back with actors Ben Affleck (“Changing Lanes”), Colin Farrell (“Minority Report”) and Jennifer Garner (Alias), as well as loquacious writer-director Kevin Smith (“Dogma”). Smith---the polar opposite of his alter-ego, Silent Bob---weighs in on the cult of celebrity, while Garner comments on her tough screen persona. In addition, Farrell talks about director Joel Schumacher (“Phone Booth”) and Affleck discusses autograph hounds and his Oscar win.

Since it's mostly a "movie" thing, she'll probably talk mostly about Daredevil, but she might mention Alias. But even if she doesn't, I love her interviews; she has such a great personality.

I'll try to describe the highlights for those who didn't see it. It was pretty good: Jen didn't get to talk a lot because the 4 guys were really loud, but she talked a little. The guys were all drinking and smoking and using the f-word a lot, but Jen was just drinking wine; she was very ladylike (the only bad word she said was "ass". Lol) It was really informal, it really was just a dinner with these five people sitting around the table talking about whatever came into their heads.

At one point, they were talking about autograph seekers, and Jennifer said she'd been mistaken for Kate Beckinsale (on the Pearl Harbor set) and Amy Jo Johnson (from Felicity) by people wanting autographs. (To which Ben Affleck replied, "Who the f*** is Amy Jo Johnson?!) :D

One scene began with Jennifer smacking her hand to her forehead and all the guys yelling, "It's not that big! It's really not that big!" She laughed and said, "Come on!". One of them said that Helen Hunt had a bigger forehead, and Ben Affleck was trying to make her feel better by saying, "Look at my forehead, my forehead is huge!" He was slicking his hair back and comparing it with Colin's; it was funny.

Another section was Kevin Smith making fun of Ben Affleck, and Jennifer looked at him and said, "I feel like I might have to kick your ass." All the other guys cracked up and said "Dude, she could! She could totally kick your ass!" Ben was describing how on the Daredevil set, he was always bruised and wimpy and she was much tougher than he was. Then both of them described their Chinese stunt trainers for Daredevil and how mean they were. Jen did an impression of one of them pointing their fingers in Ben's face and saying "Uh uh uh!!"

Somebody asked her how she got the role on Daredevil, and she said since she'd been kicking ass on Alias the whole year, they just thought she'd be right for it. She said she was glad she hadn't had to screen-test, and thanked Ben for not making her screen-test with him. He told about the producer (or somebody) from the movie turning to him seconds after she won the Golden Globe and saying, "I hope they f***in' signed her already", because her star power had just gone majorly up.

And a funny thing that I noticed; Jen's hair must have been bugging her the entire time, because she kept changing it. At first, it was in a ponytail at the back of her head, then in the next scene it was completely down, then the next scene it was in a bun at the back of her head, then at the end, she'd pulled some it back and left some down. And she kept messing with it the whole time. I wonder if she was nervous, because that's what I do when I'm nervous.

There were more little things like that I can't remember, but the whole thing was pretty entertaining, just to see them in such an informal context like that. It reminded me of boys in a frat house where one of them had brought their girlfriend over. :lol:

I noticed the hair thing too, which I thought was funny. I mess with my hair when I'm nervous too. I was upset that Jen didn't get to talk that much because all the guys were dominating the conversation. But she was sweet and charming as usual anyway. I cracked up when she threatened to kick Kevin Smith's..errr..*behind*. And Colin and Ben saying that she would!

I just downloaded it from aliasmedia, and that's an awesome show! I wish I actually got it, because I would watch it all the time. The forehead thing was hilarious, and when Ben didn't know who Amy Jo Johnson was, that was great. It's interesting getting actors' points of view on things we see all the time, like the professional autograph seekers for example.

Back