JG to begin filming "13 Going on 30"

Azalea

Azy in Wonderland
Has anyone heard about this? It's a romantic comedy, which should be something different for her. Here's the article from YahooNews. Although I can't imagine how she's going to play a 13 year old at the beginning! That'll take some work from hair and makeup!

NEW YORK (Variety) - Mark Ruffalo (news) will star opposite "Alias" heroine Jennifer Garner (news) in "13 Going on 30," a romantic fable that will begin filming in April.

While Garner makes her feature starring debut as Elektra in "Daredevil," which opens on Feb. 14, "13 Going on 30" will be her first seven-figure payday.

She plays a gawky preteen whose desperation to be popular makes her an easy mark for cruel classmates. Five days before her 13th birthday, the girl is tricked and locked in a closet, where she makes a crazy wish to be popular. She emerges in the full-grown form of Garner, a popular and successful ad agency exec five days shy of her 30th birthday, having skipped 17 awkward years. She also realizes she's in love with the nerdy kid next-door. Full-grown, he's played by Ruffalo.

Gary Winick ("Tadpole") will direct the Revolution Studios project. The shoot will coincide with Garner's "Alias" hiatus.

Ruffalo, who broke through with "You Can Count On Me," currently is starring alongside Jim Carrey (news), Kate Winslet (news), Kirsten Dunst (news) and Elijah Wood (news) in "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind," and next will be seen opposite Gwyneth Paltrow (news) in "A View From the Top." He just completed the Jane Campion (news)-directed "In the Cut" opposite Meg Ryan (news), which Screen Gems will distribute in the fall.

I have a feeling that if any other actress was starring in it I wouldn't be so interested...... I'm pretty sure that just because it's JG I want to see it !

Back