JG VH1 Driven

First of all, I absolutely love the way Jennifer's Mom & Dad say "ALIAS" with their West Virginia accents. It makes me smile when I hear it.

Secondly, I wanna know.....did Jennifer call her mom after she saw "Driven, Jennifer Garner" and accuse her mom of trashing her worse than Jay Leno did? Mrs. Garner said Jennifer "wrote some bad checks" and "dated every boy in school." If my mom announced those things, I'd call her and say, "Thanks for telling the world I used to be a poor sl**, Mom." Perhaps another pinky swear is in order. Of course, it doesn't really matter what was said because JG's fans know better than to take it out of context. I did think it was sweet that Mrs. Garner found it difficult to let JG struggle through the tough times while she was starting out, "maybe her father and I should have helped her more than we did." Mrs. Garner knows they did the right thing, but it wasn't easy for them.

All in all, it was a fabulous show.

I don't think that her mom was trashing her...I mean, it was a documentary of her life, and that's a fact about what happened in her life. I don't think Jen would be mad over that. Then again, I don't know Jen, so I don't know how she would react, but I didn't think that anything bad was really said.

And yes, it was a good show :D

Alias_Fan0202 said:
I don't think that her mom was trashing her...I mean, it was a documentary of her life, and that's a fact about what happened in her life.  I don't think Jen would be mad over that.  Then again, I don't know Jen, so I don't know how she would react, but I didn't think that anything bad was really said.
I thought it was obvious that my post was sarcastic. I guess not.

this documentary was awesome cos it was from her family and friends so you know that what was said was real. :smiley:
i was like aww porr Jen in the bad days when she was struggling to be what she wanted - i felt so proud at the end when it got to Alias and JJ choosing her and her being so great. and what JJ sadi about her was just awesome!! that guy is a serious talent spotter. (y)

ETA - anyone who hasnt seen this you can get it at alias media - in three parts!!!! :smiley:

i watched the episode via alias-media and LOVED it. it really let me see jennifer in a different light. she really IS a down-to-earth kinda girl.

also, what did Leno say about her?

Jen's s a sweet girl, and i don't think that her mom would intentionally trash her or anything ;)
i think it's a little odd that her parents would let her "suffer" like that, i mean if your child is sleeping on the floor, because she's too broke for a bed, then wouldn't you help her?? :thinking: - it's a lstrange concept for me to understand :P

Boston Scientist said:
Alias_Fan0202 said:
I don't think that her mom was trashing her...I mean, it was a documentary of her life, and that's a fact about what happened in her life.  I don't think Jen would be mad over that.  Then again, I don't know Jen, so I don't know how she would react, but I didn't think that anything bad was really said.
I thought it was obvious that my post was sarcastic. I guess not.
I had no idea you were being sarcastic...I am about to go download Driven because I missed it when it aired

[quote name='Vaughn's Baby Girl' date='May 6 2004, 07:17 AM']Jen's s a sweet girl, and i don't think that her mom would intentionally trash her or anything ;)
i think it's a little odd that her parents would let her "suffer" like that, i mean if your child is sleeping on the floor, because she's too broke for a bed, then wouldn't you help her?? :thinking: - it's a lstrange concept for me to understand :P[/quote]
errmm..not sure but probably b/c jen is very independent and wants to prove something not just to her family but to herself. i read somewhere that she's really a high achiever as a child so it must be this trait that caused her to struggle from the bottom but look at where she is now and her efforts have paid off. at least.. she admits also that she has been thru a lot of difficult auditions and she's not ashamed to tell that to people. that's why i really admire her. she has guts and she sure knows what she wants and works hard to (deserve) getting it (y)

Back