JJ Abrams renews with Touchstone

V

verdantheart

from zap2it:

~~~
'Alias' Creator Abrams Stays at Touchstone
(Wednesday, February 04 11:18 AM)

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - In his eight years at Touchstone TV, writer-director-producer J.J. Abrams has had a strong track record, producing hit dramas like "Felicity" and "Alias." Abrams will keep that relationship going, signing an 18-month extension believed to be worth in the high seven figures.

Abrams' current four-year deal at Touchstone (a $16 million pact) is set to expire in May.

"J.J. is without question one of the most amazing talents working in television today," Touchstone TV President Stephen McPherson gushes. "I have been so fortunate to be associated with his many successes and look forward to riding his coattails in the future."
Meanwhile, Abrams' production shingle Bad Robot Television, which produces "Alias," took a step towards becoming a full-fledged production company, bringing in Thom Sherman as president and Bryan Burk as executive vice president.

Sherman joins Bad Robot after a four-and-a-half year stint as senior vice president of drama development at ABC. During his time at the network, he helped oversee the development of series including "Alias," "Karen Sisco" and "Line of Fire."

"I've secretly hoped the next phase of my career could be something like this, so I feel like I've just won the lottery," Sherman says. "J.J. is a monster talent, probably the smartest, most unique creative mind with whom I've worked, and he's also just a great person."

The gushing Sherman departs ABC at an advanced stage in the development cycle, with many dramas picked up (including two from Abrams) and directors attached to most projects. Julie McNamara and Heather Kadin will continue to oversee the ABC pilot process in Sherman's absence.

"Thom is such a strong, versatile executive, and a great guy," says ABC Entertainment President Susan Lyne. "His departure will be a personal as well as professional loss. But this is an incredible opportunity for him, and he leaves us with terrific drama development for next fall."

The two Abrams pilots on ABC's slate are the bounty hunter drama "The Catch" and the castaway series "Lost."
~~~
;)

Back