JJ Abrams's future with Alias

ivand67

Sydney's Lover
OK you might think this belongs in the news section but it really doesn't, because what I want to discuss is JJ's future with Alias... I wanna know if he's always gonna be the top dog or what's going on.

I got this from Alias-Media.com:

"From www.hollywoodreporter.com

"Angel" and "X-Files" veteran Jeffrey Bell has been recruited to join ABC's "Alias" next season as part of his new two-year, seven-figure overall pact with Touchstone Television. Bell will sign on to "Alias" next season as a writer and co-executive producer. His Touchstone pact calls for him to be upped to executive producer on the drama series in the 2005-06 season.

Bell is poised to segue to "Alias" after spending the past three seasons on the WB Network/20th Century Fox TV drama "Angel," the spinoff of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer." He started out on "Angel" as a supervising producer in 2001 and worked his way up to executive producer this season. Before "Angel," Bell spent nearly four years on Fox's "The X-Files," where he rose from staff writer to executive story editor in the show's final season. Bell is repped by CAA and attorney Cliff Gilbert-Lurie. (Cynthia Littleton)"

I know JJ will be working on some new pilots/projects and TV shows pretty soon, but it says that Bell's "Touchstone pact calls for him to be upped to executive producer on the drama series in the 2005-06 season."

So does this mean that, for Season 5, the ex. producer will be Bell and JJ will be doing something else? Is JJ still gonna be doing Alias for Season 5 (if there is a Season 5, of course)?

Anyone know?

Hope not, cuz JJ is the Alias brain. If someone else was the top dog, Alias wouldn't be as good IMO.

:thinking: :blink: :thinking: :blink: :thinking:

He was the same thing at Angel, but Joss whedon was still the brains behind the project. JJ goes im pretty sure Alias goes. JJ will be sticking around don't worry. He's just lookign for a little help.

yah, i agree. jj's doing two other shows so he needed some help!! he hired a bunch of new writers too to help keep up while hes working on the other shows.

well <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>if</span> it does go, someone who <span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>LOVES </span>Alias as much as I do, they can make their own version of the show!!
LOL

I hope that if his involvement with the show is less in the future that he will at least approve the scripts before they are finalized and still have a say in what happens in the show.

MeganGarnerBristow said:
Like you said if JJ goes then ALIAS goes so if JJ goes.....Oh My Gosh! What are we all going to do in our free time?!?! Lol. Just Kidding.
you kidding ... :confused:

what am I gonna do without Alias? :eek:

I don't think J.J. is going anywhere. He just needed help because of all the projects he has going on right now. I like the idea of a writer being hired from "Angel" and "X-files". Halfway through season 3, I was beginning to wonder if the writers were from "Days of Our Lives". :P

ivand67 said:
So does this mean that, for Season 5, the ex. producer will be Bell and JJ will be doing something else? Is JJ still gonna be doing Alias for Season 5 (if there is a Season 5, of course)?

Anyone know?
There can be more than one executive producer; in fact in most cases there are

Yeah, normally in shows there are usually more than one executive producer, especially if the show turns out be a huge hit (like Alias! although this season things have been going a little downhill but...) Shows like Friends, Sex and the City, or Angel all had more than one executive producer (well I don't know about Sex and the City but I was using that as an example) so I'm pretty sure JJ is sticking around, he's just getting more help from others because he's got other shows to concentrate on too!

A series typically has more than one executive producer. On the series I'm familiar with, at least, the core team of writers take on executive producer roles. I doubt Mr Abrams is going anywhere.
;)

Back