JJ & JG appearing in March...

zoax

Cadet
For those of us here in Cali. or for all you others who want to make the treck, JJ, JG and Kari Russell (Felicity) will be appearing in March...check out the info below if you're interested. I just requested tickets from my husband for my Valentine's Day present...jeez, I guess I am a fan...
The Museum of Television & Radio
Announces the Twenty-first Annual William S. Paley Television Festival

March 3-16, 2004

Festival to Include:

J. J. Abrams, Jennifer Garner, and Keri Russell on “Creating Characters”

Special Evenings with Angela Lansbury, Sherwood Schwartz, and William Shatner

The Casts and Creators of Arrested Development, Carnivàle, Joan of Arcadia,

The O.C., Smallville, Trading Spaces, and The Wire

Los Angeles, CA—The Museum of Television & Radio will present the twenty-first annual William S. Paley Television Festival from March 3 through March 16, 2004.  The Paley Festival, named for William S. Paley, founder of both the Museum and CBS, salutes television’s rich and diverse programming, offering the public an appreciation of the medium’s commitment to quality.  Kicking off this year’s Festival, Jennifer Garner and Keri Russell will join J. J. Abrams in a discussion exploring the teamwork between creators and actors in the shaping of memorable characters.

The Paley Festival will also feature four of this television season’s newest shows: Arrested Development, Carnivàle, Joan of Arcadia, and The O.C.  In addition, the Festival will examine the diversity of television drama with Smallville and The Wire, and look into the do-it-yourself homemaking phenomenon with the popular home decorating show Trading Spaces. 

The Festival will also present special evenings with three beloved members of the television community: Angela Lansbury, William Shatner, and Sherwood Schwartz.  All Paley Festival events will be held at the Directors Guild of America in Los Angeles.

During these evenings, the audience views episodes or highlights of the featured work and has the opportunity to ask questions of the cast and creative teams or the individual involved in its production. 

Since the first Festival in 1984, the Museum has honored more than 200 programs, including 24, Alias, Cheers, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, Friends, Gunsmoke, The Honeymooners, Laugh- In, Marty, M*A*S*H, Roots, Route 66, Sábado Gigante, Seinfeld, The Simpsons, Six Feet Under, South Park, thirtysomething, The Untouchables, The West Wing, and The X-Files, along with such personalities as Lucille Ball, Milton Berle, Sid Caesar, Jim Henson, Bob Hope, Jane Fonda, John Frankenheimer, Jack Lemmon, Mary Martin, Carl Reiner, Gene Roddenberry, Garry Shandling, Flip Wilson, Jonathan Winters, and many more.  Most of these panels have been recorded and are available for viewing at the Museum.                     

The 2004 William S. Paley Television Festival schedule is as follows: 

CREATING CHARACTERS: J. J. Abrams and “Sydney Bristow” & “Felicity Porter”

Wednesday, March 3 at 7:00 p.m.

What do a neurotic New York coed and a sizzling CIA spook have in common? Aside from being young women who came of age under different circumstances, both sprang from the mind of writer/producer J. J. Abrams, who joins the stars of Felicity and Alias for a discussion of how he created—and they enacted—these memorable characters.  In Person:

J. J. Abrams (Creator/Executive Producer of Alias and Felicity), Jennifer Garner (“Sydney Bristow”), Keri Russell (“Felicity Porter”).

I wish I could go. I bet it would be so interesting to hear what they have to say.

Did you know Jennifer Garner and Keri Russell are neighbors? Apparently they're still friends from Felicity. I wonder if KR will ever show up on Alias?

I think that the tickets are sold out for the Alias day, but if you read the web site for the Museum, it says that they sometimes release a limited amount of tickets for soldout events on the night of the actual event. Good Luck! ;)

yeah i live in another country lol i think i might take a pass on this one lol..... CMON AND HAVE A BBQ WITH THE AUSSIE ALIAS PPLZ *laughs*

Azalea said:
I wish I could go. I bet it would be so interesting to hear what they have to say.

Did you know Jennifer Garner and Keri Russell are neighbors? Apparently they're still friends from Felicity. I wonder if KR will ever show up on Alias?
wow! thats neat! i want more than anything to see jg live! keri russel is awesome too! but i would not take my eyes off jen! she is so cool, and you ppl with tickets are so lucky....yall dont know how lucky u are! lol! post what happens k?! ~Sarah ^_^

Hi

I was wondering if those of you who went to the William S. Paley Television Festival last night, could please share how things were. I was so disappointed I couldn't get tickets and I'd love to know how the discussion went. thanks

Myrna :D

MLA17 said:
Hi

I was wondering if those of you who went to the William S. Paley Television Festival last night, could please share how things were. I was so disappointed I couldn't get tickets and I'd love to know how the discussion went. thanks

Myrna :D
Ditto :D

At the sd-1 boards they have a discussion about it in the character thread (Cavolrs)? And you can look in the TWOP forum in the Alias media section!
Looks like it was pretty good!

Back