Dismiss Notice
Alien Soup is a free community for fans of science-fiction, horror, & fantasy! Everybody is welcome here.

Jo

Discussion in 'Site-Related News' started by Azhria Lilu, Apr 2, 2003.

1. Azhria Lilu

Azhria Lilu Rocket Ranger

Members of AllAlias.com,
    Yesterday on AllAlias.com there was a rumor going around that aliasjgfanaticmv, known to many as Jo, died in a car crash.

This is NOT TRUE. Jo’s “friend”, in an apparent attempt at an April Fools joke told a member here the made-up story that Jo had died in a car crash. At one point much of the community here was grieving Jo’s “death”. However, Jo, we are happy to report, is alive and well.

Making up someone’s death is a serious thing and is not funny. Misleading the community in that way is punishable here, however no registered member seems to be at fault, so there is little we can do.

2. kylo4

kylo4 Rocket Ranger

That is serious. They could have thought of a better more appropriate April Fools joke, other than that.

3. aliasjgfanaticmv

aliasjgfanaticmv Rocket Ranger

You guys I'm really sorry for what she did!! I didn't go to school today, well I did, but once again I was sent home by the nurse, so I didn't get to talk to her. :mad: But trust me, I will deal with her the next time I see her. And I'm sorry for what she did. :(

4. Alias Elle

Alias Elle Rocket Ranger

Jo, I don't think anyone blames you. But right now, I personally have no respect for your friend if she could think something like that was actually funny.

~Me :angel2:

5. Aliasgirl47

Aliasgirl47 Rocket Ranger

I don't blame you either, Jo. And I can't help despising your "friend." When I heard what had happened I came close to passing out. I'm just glad you're fine.

6. SiriCerasi

SiriCerasi Rocket Ranger

No Jo no one is mad at you, we are all pissed at your "friend", and we are all just so happy you are ok!!!

7. vaughnmyangel

vaughnmyangel Rocket Ranger

I dont know how anyone could have even imagined that it was a good joke. No matter how annoyed her friends were it is soooooooo mean to do that!!!!!!!

8. twinzz2003

twinzz2003 Rocket Ranger

Well I say you get her back! LOL!

9. aliaschick4mv

aliaschick4mv Rocket Ranger

OMG I don't even WANT to think of any way to repay her for that... LOL. Anyway, I'm SOOO happy you're ok Jo.

So, I'm gonna tell you this little story. So, there was this guy, Alfred Nobel (I think that was him...), and his brother died. And the newspapers got confused and wrote that ALFRED had died instead of his brother. And they wrote that he had made dynamite, which was fine, but wasn't all that he wanted to be remembered for.

See, you weren't being remembered for dynamite, although you are, you were being remembered as the AMAZING person. So, you know, maybe you like our boy Alfred can learn from this experience. Although I don't think it's possible for you to be a better person than you are.

I just thought that was a somewhat relavant little story, considering people THOUGHT you had died, but we're all EXTREMELY HAPPY YOU'RE ALIVE AND YOU WILL STAY THAT WAY FOR A LONG TIME!

Personally, I think you should go read that forum on the member lounge dedicated to you. Ten pages in like no time. WE LUVE YOU JO, I'M SOOO HAPPY YOU'RE OK!!

10. aliasjgfanaticmv

aliasjgfanaticmv Rocket Ranger

Yeah, I did read that, and I felt just sick at the thought of all you guys crying and hurting like that. :(

11. Alias_Gay

Alias_Gay Rocket Ranger

Men, with friends like that who needs any enemies ...

That was a sick joke ... how can someone say something like that!

Anyway, thank God you are Ok ... and God bless you baby!

12. AliasFan4eva

AliasFan4eva Rocket Ranger

Hey Chica! I don't know you but my friend, Goofygal does! She was so upset when she found out you had "died". She was on the verge of tears the whole day!!! I am glad your alright! I just got off the phone and left a message on her answering machine so she should call me back in like 20 minutes or so wanting to kill someone! LOL! Anyway, I am glad your okay!!! Stay safe!!! Tootles! ~Carey~ P.S. no offense to ya friend but she should definatley get a new sense of humor! It's not funny to mess with peeps like that!! U R definatley not to blame though!!

13. *Agent Legolas*

*Agent Legolas* Rocket Ranger

I don't blame you at all Jo!!!! I am just so glad you are okay!!!! :)

14. Sunfire_77

Sunfire_77 Rocket Ranger

Jo I am very disapointed at your friend. She really hurt me, but I forgave her. I am finally feeling better today after many times of throwing up :( Jo I am so glad you are ok :) But you in no way are blamed for this! I AM SO HAPPY YOU ARE OK! :)

15. GO Syd

GO Syd Rocket Ranger

lol april fools joke, y did everyone here make such a big deal about this

16. crazy spinster

crazy spinster Rocket Ranger

california. bay area or socal, depending.
    well, making people believe that someone else is dead isn't really very funny. it's pretty tastless in my opinion.

i mean, imagine if someone called you and said, "i'm sorry, but your mother's been in a car accident and she passed away" but called you ten hours later and said, "april fools." not very funny...

17. GO Syd

GO Syd Rocket Ranger

fine it isnt that funny but still what is the big deal?

18. AliasALIAS

AliasALIAS Guest

Because when a friend dies, you don't celebrate.
    And when you find out your friend didn't die, and a whole community wept over it, you get angry.

19. Bondgal2007

Bondgal2007 Rocket Ranger

Julianne aka Jo I am glad that your alright~But I knew she wasn't dead! I mean Michelle would have called me. That was a ok April Fool's, I told my friends that I was moving to France and they believed me! AIM ME! OR MSN MESSANGER PLEASE!

20. vaughnmyangel

vaughnmyangel Rocket Ranger

People believe you because we all function based on a trust syttem and just how valuable that sytem is cannot be fathomed until someone breaks it