~Joe's Bar & Grill~

“I love you.” He said.  “I wanted to say I love you.”

“I know.” She told him.  “I know you do.  I love you too.”

“Even though I have no hair?” He asked.

She pulled back slightly so she could look at him.

“Unconditionally.” She said softly.
Awwww!! :2love: OMG! So that wasn't too angsty. It's getting fluffier. Whew! :D

Great Chapter, Kristina. It was sooooo good. Poor Vaughnnie, though. Loved it. Can't wait for more.

(y)

Will advice from a new reviewer help? (Yes, I am ashamed to admit, I have been Lurking. (n) ) But I have finally decided to come out of the woodwork and reply! One night, around 10:00 I found this fic, and read all 200 pages (there were 200 then) and didn't get off until somewhere around 2 am. Since then, I have been in love with this story. The characterization is beautiful, the plot is in-depth and intruiging, and it's all around wonderfully written.

So, in answer to your question, PLEASE UPDATE NOW! I have finals tomorrow and it would reeeeaaaallly help my stress level. Wouldn't you like to know that you are responsible for saving a poor 16 year old girl from high blood pressure? :rolleyes: hehee.

~Dani

Alias Numps said:
Will advice from a new reviewer help? (Yes, I am ashamed to admit, I have been Lurking.  (n) ) But I have finally decided to come out of the woodwork and reply! One night, around 10:00 I found this fic, and read all 200 pages (there were 200 then) and didn't get off until somewhere around 2 am. Since then, I have been in love with this story. The characterization is beautiful, the plot is in-depth and intruiging, and it's all around wonderfully written.

So, in answer to your question, PLEASE UPDATE NOW! I have finals tomorrow and it would reeeeaaaallly help my stress level. Wouldn't you like to know that you are responsible for saving a poor 16 year old girl from high blood pressure?  :rolleyes: hehee.

~Dani
[post="1377406"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

lol. I would be glad to lower your blood pressure with an update. Goodluck on your finals.

~Kristina

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Well, here it is. The big 100. You’ve guy’s been absolutely freakin’ amazing readers. I know a lot of you apologize for not responding due to your busy lives, don’t. As long as I know you guy’s enjoy reading this that’s enough for me, it means I haven’t wasted my time writing this for nothing.

I’ve been debating whether of not to start “Joe’s Bar & Grill Thread 2” seeing as we have hit 100 chapters. I don’t know what the limit on a thread is supposed to be.

But anyway, enough of listening to me talking. Enjoy Chapter 100.

Thank you so much. Everyone have a great rest of the day.

~Kristina

~Part 100~
~That Cold December Day, Way Back When~

He couldn’t help the smile that was taking over his lips as he watched her from behind the partition as she skated around the ice rink at Millennium Park. She was no doubt more graceful than she had been during their skating experience on that cold December day way back when. Either she was faking it the first time, or she had practiced a lot when he was void from her life.

She came around one of the turns and skated through a line of people as she blurted out a polite string of excuse me’s and I’m sorry’s. She skated over to where he was standing, his forearms resting on the top of the wall as he leaned forward.

She stopped in front of him and held onto the wall.

“You sure you don’t want to join me? I’m awful lonely without you out there.” She pouted.

He smiled. “Nah, I told you I’m tired. Besides, I think I like watching you better.” He told her.

“Suit yourself.” She said. She played with the collar of his jacket. “But don’t think you’re not paying for it later.” She said in a low voice. She moved in to kiss him and just as he was anticipating it she pulled back at the last second, teasing him. She laughed slightly and pulled away from him as she started skating away.

“Don’t think you’re not paying for that later!” He yelled after her. She just held a hand up, acknowledging that she had heard his rebuttal.

He shook his head and stood up straight. He watched her for another moment before walking over to the stand where they were selling cider and hot chocolate. He waited in line until it was his turn.

“One hot chocolate.” He said as he fished for his wallet.

“Size?” The man behind the counter asked.

“Uh…” He looked behind him and immediately saw Sydney still skating around. He turned back to the man. “Medium.”

The man nodded and went to get him his order. He came back a moment later. “$3.29.” He said.

Vaughn gave him the money and took the hot chocolate while waiting for his change. He turned back around to see Sydney getting off the ice and looking for an empty bench where she could take off her skates.

“Sir?”

Vaughn turned back around and got his change from the cashier.

“Thanks.” He said as he stuffed it in his pocket and weaved through the crowd. He walked up to her as she sat down on a bench.

“Done already?” He asked as he took a sip of the hot liquid.

“You didn’t get me one?” She asked in a fake pout as she kept her eyes locked with his as she leaned down to untie her laces.

He smiled. “I thought we’d share. Unless I all of a sudden have cooties or something.” He said. He set the cup down on the bench next to her and kneeled down in front of her. He took her left foot as she sat up straight and allowed him to take off her skates.

She picked up the styrofoam cup and took a sip. “If you do then I think I inherited them a long time ago.” She said. “Mm…this is good stuff.”

“Better be for $3.29.” He said. “I remember when I was a kid we used to get that size cup for seventy-five cents.” He told her as he pulled off her skate and replaced it with her boot. He propped it up on his knee as he tied the laces.

She swore to herself that he made her feel like she was fifteen again with her first major crush. She shook her head as he took her other foot and started working on it.

“What?” He asked her as he loosened the laces on the other skate.

“Nothing.” She said. “You just…make me feel like I’m fifteen again.”

“Really? Why so?” He asked as he kept working on the skate. He pulled it off and slipped on her other boot.

“I don’t know.” She said honestly, “You’re just…you.”

He looked up at her for a brief moment as he tied her boot blindly. He smiled softly at her and pulled the material of her jeans over the top of her boot. He stood up.

“All set.” He told her.

She smiled down at her boots. “Still the bunnies.” She said admiring his tying method.

“Always.” He told her. He grabbed her skates and held out his hand. She took it and stood up next to him. He led her through the crowd and set her rental skates on the top of the counter before leading her out of the rink area.

As soon as they were out of the ruckus he took the cup from her so she wouldn’t have to carry it, and then put his arm around her shoulders, bringing her closer to him and keeping her safe from the seasonal cold.

Her arm snaked around his waist from under his jacket as she leaned into him.

“Can I ask you something?” He spoke up and broke the comfortable silence.

“Sure.” She said.

“When you were engaged to Pete…where were you going to get married?” He asked.

“A church in Sacramento.” She told him. She looked up at him. “Why do you ask?”

“Just wondering.” He said. He fell silent. They were both that way for a few moments until she spoke again.

“I wasn’t exactly happy about it at first. Ever since I was a little girl I wanted to get married on…”

“The beach.” He finished for her.

She looked at him confused. “Wait, I never told you that, how did you…?”

“When I was knocked out.” He said. “I had a dream. We got married on the beach.”

“Really?”

“It was nice while it lasted. If only it wasn’t happening while I was having a hole drilled in my head.” He said.

“Yeah, well maybe it can.” She said.

He stopped walking. She stared at him for a moment and bit her lip.

“What are you suggesting?” He asked.

She sighed. “I’ve been thinking about this for the past week.” She said. She shook her head. “I think we should just do it, just…get married. Set the date for a few months from now, and just invite the people that are closest to us.” She said.

“I thought we were taking things slow again.” He said.

“We were.” She said. “But how many times are we going to have to do that?” She asked. “It’s not fair anymore. I just want to marry you, that’s all I wanted to do the last time, and look what happened.”

“You’re serious about this?” He asked.

“God damn it YES!” She said.

He tried not to laugh at her.

“All I want is to marry you and be able to look forward to starting a new chapter in our lives together, to be able to look forward to starting a family. I don’t want to live with this shi* anymore, all of these bad things in our past. I want to start something new, finally.”

She took a deep breath. “I mean, we never really got unengaged.” She pointed out.

She was waiting for it, waiting for him to start laughing and calling her crazy. Maybe it was a far off idea. But what she had told him was true. She just wanted to marry him.

He stared at her for a moment, and then brought the styrofoam cup up to his mouth and took another sip of the hot coco. He looked around for a moment before looking back at her.

“February 7th.” He told her.

She raised an eyebrow.

“I’ll be waiting for you on the beach.” He said with a soft smile.

Her eyes grew slightly larger with his approval. She jumped forward and wrapped her arms around his neck as she hugged him as tight as she could.

“Oh…..Vaughn!” She squealed with excitement.

He laughed as he hugged her with one arm, his other containing the scalding hot liquid. She pulled away a few moments later, a smile on her face, and her eyes glowing.

“But why the 7th?” She asked.

He smiled. “It’s my lucky number.”

They both smiled softly before showing a little public display of affection to the bystanders around them.

But then again, they had a reason to make-out in the middle of the park, they didn’t owe anyone anything. But they did owe themselves a little piece of happiness.

Totally amazing! love the way u write the fact that he still makes her giddy!

Thanks for the pm and if u were going to need a new thread i think they would have started one like at least 150 pages ago!

lol. I would be glad to lower your blood pressure with an update. Goodluck on your finals.

~Kristina

Thank you. ^_^

“I wasn’t exactly happy about it at first. Ever since I was a little girl I wanted to get married on…”

She looked at him confused. “Wait, I never told you that, how did you…?”

“When I was knocked out.” He said. “I had a dream. We got married on the beach.”

Nice reference. :cool:

She took a deep breath. “I mean, we never really got unengaged.” She pointed out.

You know, that is quite a good point.

“But why the 7th?” She asked.

He smiled. “It’s my lucky number.”

Aw, man. Don't they qualify as 'famous last words' or something? Don't have any plans of remorse and destruction for their wedding day, do ya? That would be quite sad. But also quite fitting as far as their luck in this story has gone. lol. Will we be finding out his name isn't Michael Vaughn any time soon? ;-)

Anyway, yay! Thank you for that update, I really appreciate it. Wonderful job again. And now I'm going to stop being a bum and go back to studying. Honors Chem awaits, I hear Gas Law and Molarity problems calling my name.

~Dani

omg awwwwwwwwwww they're getting married
YAY!
i was fully tearing up when syd was saying that stuff
awwwww yay me lovey

thanks for the pm :D

Eeee, I love Syd telling Vaughn they should just get married and them not going through another engagement. :love: That was perfect and extremely appropriate considering the things they've gone through. :P I can't wait till they get married on the beach. ;) So sweet. And yay for you writing your 100th chapter! :groupwave: Good work! ;)

YAY!! I hope that they actully make it to the alter this...what... third time around! Isn't is a little cold to be getting married on the beach in february? I think April or May would be better! But I'm sure it will be beautiful and perfect no matter when it it. In San Diego it was hot and sunny for Christmas 3 years ago. I don't know how weather is in LA.

Great chapter! How did she become such a good skater... Did she really practice or was she just pretending?

Megan

Awesome. And not just this chapter. Every single 1 of the 100 hundred that you have written have been amazing. They are like sunshine! Cheesy? yes! true? No doubt. Perfeect? Oh hell yes

thank you for the wonderful update, they are getting married! And the way that Vaughan just took another sip of the hot choclate was amazing.

Totally great

Thank you for the pm and for posting another chapter so soon. Feel like posting another!?

“Suit yourself.” She said.  She played with the collar of his jacket.  “But don’t think you’re not paying for it later.” She said in a low voice.  She moved in to kiss him and just as he was anticipating it she pulled back at the last second, teasing him.  She laughed slightly and pulled away from him as she started skating away.

“Don’t think you’re not paying for that later!” He yelled after her.  She just held a hand up, acknowledging that she had heard his rebuttal.
Ooooh! That was mean, Syd. OhhH! He'll pay her back later? :naughty:

“Done already?” He asked as he took a sip of the hot liquid.

“You didn’t get me one?” She asked in a fake pout as she kept her eyes locked with his as she leaned down to untie her laces.

He smiled. “I thought we’d share.  Unless I all of a sudden have cooties or something.” He said. He set the cup down on the bench next to her and kneeled down in front of her.  He took her left foot as she sat up straight and allowed him to take off her skates.

She picked up the styrofoam cup and took a sip.  “If you do then I think I inherited them a long time ago.” She said.  “Mm…this is good stuff.”

“Better be for $3.29.” He said. “I remember when I was a kid we used to get that size cup for seventy-five cents.” He told her as he pulled off her skate and replaced it with her boot.  He propped it up on his knee as he tied the laces.
And they're sharing their hot cocoa.

“All set.” He told her.

She smiled down at her boots.  “Still the bunnies.” She said admiring his tying method.

“Always.” He told her.  He grabbed her skates and held out his hand.  She took it and stood up next to him.  He led her through the crowd and set her rental skates on the top of the counter before leading her out of the rink area.
:laughbounce: I remember the bunnies!!!

“I wasn’t exactly happy about it at first.  Ever since I was a little girl I wanted to get married on…”

She looked at him confused.  “Wait, I never told you that, how did you…?”

“When I was knocked out.” He said.  “I had a dream.  We got married on the beach.”

“Really?”

“It was nice while it lasted.  If only it wasn’t happening while I was having a hole drilled in my head.” He said.

“Yeah, well maybe it can.” She said.
*Jaw hits floor*

“What are you suggesting?” He asked.

She sighed.  “I’ve been thinking about this for the past week.” She said.  She shook her head.  “I think we should just do it, just…get married.  Set the date for a few months from now, and just invite the people that are closest to us.” She said.

“I thought we were taking things slow again.” He said.

“We were.” She said. “But how many times are we going to have to do that?” She asked.  “It’s not fair anymore.  I just want to marry you, that’s all I wanted to do the last time, and look what happened.”

“You’re serious about this?” He asked.

“God damn it YES!” She said.
YES! That's all I've ever wanted, too! :P

“All I want is to marry you and be able to look forward to starting a new chapter in our lives together, to be able to look forward to starting a family.  I don’t want to live with this shi* anymore, all of these bad things in our past.  I want to start something new, finally.”

She took a deep breath.  “I mean, we never really got unengaged.” She pointed out. 

She was waiting for it, waiting for him to start laughing and calling her crazy.  Maybe it was a far off idea.  But what she had told him was true.  She just wanted to marry him.

He stared at her for a moment, and then brought the styrofoam cup up to his mouth and took another sip of the hot coco.  He looked around for a moment before looking back at her.

“February 7th.” He told her.

She raised an eyebrow.

“I’ll be waiting for you on the beach.” He said with a soft smile.
OMG! *Squeals* THEY'RE GETTING FREAKIN' MARRIED!!! :jump:

They both smiled softly before showing a little public display of affection to the bystanders around them.

But then again, they had a reason to make-out in the middle of the park, they didn’t owe anyone anything.  But they did owe themselves a little piece of happiness.
*Giggles* PDA! :lol:

Happy 100!! Damn girl! :P Congrats! :hug:

That was SOOOOOOOOO Good. The fluff was AMAZING! :love: THat was such a great chapter. I lvoed it. Can't wait for more.

These last couple days have been great. I love Kristina the writing *h**e. :D

Update Soon!

(y)

That was great ... awww Vaughn is soo cute ... they really have come a long way ... omg they are geting married yah !!! ... loved this chapter ... no more angst for a while please ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

I think i'm done with the updates for today, i'll let people get caught up.

And the wedding will be on a beach. But that beach won't be in LA.

:smiley: FLUFF!

I love you! :lol:

That was soooooo sweet! (thats what I say about this fic a lot...) but hey, I can't help but tell you the truth. ;) :lol: I love how Sydney isn't just scared of jumping back in the relationship... *sigh* unless she gets all freaked out later on... :P

wahahahahah!!!

awesome updates!!!!! yes they were great!

first of all they made up..which just toally is great..then they are "engaged all over agian"

waaaaaaaaahahhah!1

lol

thanks

Kels

Back