~Joe's Bar & Grill~

I know this may sound insane but i just read this over...well its taken me a while but neway!!
I just HAD to see what everyone is talkin bout!!

Can i get a pm for the next chappie??
THANKS

~Part 129~
~D.M.V.~

If there were ever a moment, where his wife was as stunning and amazing as she was now, then he’d die. To him, he’d never seen her more beautiful. The white hospital gown is starting to stick to her body due to the heavy exertion she is putting out, causing sweat to rise and cover her skin.

Her knuckles are white and his are red as she squeezes his hand to no apparent end; contractions hitting her one after another as the doctors and nurses tell her to push from the end of the bed.

He dabs her forehead with a rag and pushes a piece of sticky hair out of her face as she looks up at him.

“Michael….”

“You’re doing great.” He tells her as he strokes her cheek. “He’s coming, Syd.”

Tears sting her eyes and she tries to breath.

“He’s crowing, one more long steady push, Sydney.” The nurse tells her.

At this point Sydney loses it and starts to sob while trying to deliver. She clenches her eyes shut and grunts through another painful push. It’s only a matter of seconds before a tiny scream is heard throughout the room; smiles immediately take over the expressions of the hospital staff. All except for the parents of the new baby boy, due to the surprise and utter shock.

She falls back into the cushions, exhausted and in desperate need of a cold shower. She looks at her husband to see him staring at their new baby boy being toweled off and wrapped up in a little blue blanket. Unfortunately for her, he’s still out of view, and so she waits.

The nurse brings over the newborn and holds him out to Sydney. Sydney smiles very softly, her eyes tired and in need of rest. For a moment she think about taking her son in her arms, holding him for the first time. But something stops her, she stops herself and looks up at her husband, who is just staring at his son with a love she’d never seen in his eyes before, although, the tears make it a little hard for her to see what he’s thinking.

“Michael?”

She gets his attention and he looks into his wifes eyes, his lips parted slightly in utter amazement.

“Hold your son.”

Michael hesitates for a moment before taking his son in his arms very carefully; following the nurses directions on how to hold him. And at that exact moment, something in Michael Vaughn’s heart changes.

She’s always been able to see the pain hidden within him. All the loss and frustration. But she can’t anymore, it’s seemingly gone.

“Did the two of you have a name picked out? Or shall we wait for that until later?” A different nurse asks.

Sydney smiles softly. “Dylan Michael Vaughn.” She says. Michael leans over her and hands their son off to her, giving her a chance to hold him for herself for a short moment before he’s taken away to be checked over.

Once the nurse takes Dylan away from her she looks back up at Michael to see him just staring at her.

“Thank you.” He tells her softly before placing a few lingering kisses on her forehead, completely ignoring the fact that she’s sweaty.

“I’m sure everyone’s anxious outside. Why don’t you go tell them the news?” She suggests. Although they knew the sex of the baby, they didn’t let the rest of the family know, wanting it to be a surprise.

“I’ll be right back.” He says as he places a kiss on her lips and lets go of her hand. He leaves the room quickly, pulling off his mask as he walks down the hallway to the waiting room. Upon entering, almost everyone stands.

“Well?” Francie asks.

Michael can’t help the smile that’s taking over his lips.

“It’s a boy.”

Squeals are heard throughout the room and the nurses cannot help but laugh at the group of excited friends and family.

“How’s Sydney?” Jack asks.

Vaughn meets Jack’s eyes. “She’s tired, but happy. I can’t say the same for the doctors, she screamed up quite a storm. She’s even more excited that all of you are here, though. It means a lot to the both of us.”

“What’s his name?” Laura asks softly.

“Dylan.”

Everyone in the room smiles softly as the air falls silent for a moment.

“I have to go back in there. I just came to tell you all the good news.”

With one final smile he turns on his heels and makes quick work of getting back to the delivery room. About a half hour later she’s finally asleep. She doesn’t even stir as they wheel her just down the hall into the post-delivery room. He sits with her for an hour before final giving into the urge to go see his slumbering son down the hall.

As he reaches the glass window, he can’t help but smile. He’s knows which one is his without doubt; it’s like an instinct, one he earned in the matter of a day.

“He’s cute.”

Jack Bristow’s voice brings him out of his happy reality, and he looks over at his father-in-law with a smile.

“I’m already wrapped around his finger.” Michael sighs happily before rubbing his tired eyes. He’d been up the entire time with his wife, guiding her through even while she cursed at him and almost broke his hand twice. Not to mention she almost bent his wedding band as well.

“I remember when Sydney was born. I was just as nervous that day as I was when Laura gave birth to Rachel. You think I would have been used to it by then.” Jack shakes his head with a smirk. “I always knew there was something different about Sydney, even as a baby. Sometimes she’d just stare at me for hours while I worked at home.”

Michael stares at Jack’s reflection through the glass, pretending to be looking at his son.

“I always knew she was a very smart girl, which is why I disapproved of her career choice for so long. I knew she could have done more for the world…”

“She has, in so many ways. She’s influenced so many people, Jack.”

“I know that now. I’ve known for a long time. But I think I wanted her to take after myself, because she was always the one running to me when I got home from work. I saw a lot of myself in her.”

“Yeah? Well I think I know where she got her stubbornness from. And that very terrifying glare of hers.” Vaughn chuckles as he crosses his arms across his chest.

Jack smiles softly and looks at his son-in-law.

“Just one piece of advice for now. Don’t ever miss the key moments of him growing up. Because what he experiences, you gain from. You’ll grow as a father until the day you die. And when you are gone, all he’s going to have left are those memories.” Jack gives Michael a pat on the back before letting his eyes fall on his grandson one more time. He then turns on his heels and walks away, leaving Vaughn standing by himself. The words of experience spoken by Jack Bristow ringing in his head over and over again.

But he already promised himself, he’d never miss a moment, but if he did for some unearthly reason, he’d make up for it. He knew that being a good father would slowly start to heal the void his father left in his own heart. The betrayal, the anguish, the pain of realizing that his father didn’t love him like a father is supposed to love a son.

“Sleep tight little guy.” He kisses his index finger and presses it against the glass very softly. “Daddy loves you.”

But he already promised himself, he’d never miss a moment, but if he did for some unearthly reason, he’d make up for it. He knew that being a good father would slowly start to heal the void his father left in his own heart. The betrayal, the anguish, the pain of realizing that his father didn’t love him like a father is supposed to love a son.

“Sleep tight little guy.” He kisses his index finger and presses it against the glass very softly. “Daddy loves you.”
It's a boy :jump: Michael is so sweet :smiley:
Awesome update. Can't wait for next chapter :lol:

A great update :smiley: Yay for baby Dylan!

Aww :love:

Daddy Vaughn is so hot. :lol: I hope Syd has a boy on Alias because I think it would be so cute to see a little Vaughn Jr. :P Maybe Vaughn won't be so sad anymore now that he has a kid. ;)

aww how cute was that?! that was so sweet. i loved the little nteraction between vaughn and jack i thought it was great. and i thought it was amazing of syd to let vaughn hold dylan first! she really loves them both. they are one big happy family now!
thanks for the PM
update soon please :smiley:

“Sleep tight little guy.” He kisses his index finger and presses it against the glass very softly. “Daddy loves you.”[/color]

awww :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: !!! this chapter was great (y) (y) (y) :D :D :D :D ,one of my favorite moment was the talk between jack and vaughn and the last scene when vaughn talks to his child ,

i can´t wait for more :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: , please update as soon as possible :angelic: :angelic: :angelic: :angelic: ,

thanks 4 the pm ,

Nanda

Hey, Bill Vaughn is dead, right? I can't quite remember, but I think he is dead.
I think it's so sad that Jenna and Michael never had a good relationship with their father. It seems like all Michael feels for him is hatred, but Bill WAS his father, is there no love for him at all? (n)

AWESOME chapters! Syd gave birth to a cute baby boy Dylan. :smiley:

thanks for hte pm.

“Just one piece of advice for now. Don’t ever miss the key moments of him growing up. Because what he experiences, you gain from. You’ll grow as a father until the day you die. And when you are gone, all he’s going to have left are those memories.” Jack gives Michael a pat on the back before letting his eyes fall on his grandson one more time. He then turns on his heels and walks away, leaving Vaughn standing by himself. The words of experience spoken by Jack Bristow ringing in his head over and over again.

Awww... :love: That was a great end to the chapter. :smiley: And Jack giving Vaughn advice... such a great moment for those two. And it's great that the baby was born. Dylan.. great name.

Awesome chapter. Thanks for the pm. Update soon!!

That was great ... aww Vaughn is already a good daddys ... love Jacks advice ... the name is very cute Dylan ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

Back