~Joe's Bar & Grill~

I know the guy very well, he is an actor rather famous in Italy and has the most gorgeous eyes and smile ( the picture isn't good)...you're not fair with Vaughn here, could you pick a ugly man, mmm?

Ciao Ari

Totally loving these rapid updates.. please keep em coming. That chapter was great... so sweet. She needs to get back together with Vaughn now.. we all know she's still madly in love with him.

Brilliant work once again Kristina

Thanks for the PM

whew! if you believe it, i just caught up about 30 chapters!

haha, i was waaaaaaaay behind...i've been a little MIA for a while!

but THAT WAS SOOOO GOOD! it's crazy how you made it a Lauren/Vaughn situation, only with sydney! PLEASE HAVE HER DUMP TED OR FRED OR PHIL...or whatever his name was...pete...!

YAY update soon! i'm glad to be back!!!!

Beth! 🍦

sydney_alias_vaughn said:
:angelic: HELL i'll marry him  ;)
[post="1333469"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

haha...i was thinking the same thing. He's hot.

I picked him for a reason. Obvisouly it makes for a harder decision for Syd.

spy41 said:
haha...i was thinking the same thing.  He's hot. 

I picked him for a reason.  Obvisouly it makes for a harder decision for Syd.
[post="1333472"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

awww, why you have to go and do that?
he's cute, but Vaughn's better
she better pick vaughn soon :D

oh man! its so sweet of Syd to stick by him. granted, she probably has alternative motives...heehee...but still. i loved the "sweetie" and "hun" endearments Michael called Syd...he showing he still cares. time doesn't change anything i guess, at least not their love :lol: im getting cheesy so i must run! great update!

“How can you be in love with two people at the same time? And by different magnitudes?” She asked.

He shook his head. “I don’t think you can be, sweetie. I think when you question yourself like that. It’s a battle between your mind and your heart. You just have to make a choice of which to follow.” He told her truthfully. “Which ever one’s gonna make you happier.”

“What if both loves make me happy?” She asked.

He shook his head and laughed. “You don’t make this easy do you?” He asked.

“If life was easy I wouldn’t have to ask you what I should do.” She said.

“I can’t tell you what to do.” He told her. “As much as I love you. It’s not my decision to make. Because I’m sure Pete loves you very much too.”
OMV, Kristina, I'm already crying. I just love all of this...I mean everything about it. I mean, the advice Vaughn is giving Sydney is priceless...and valuable to anyone. So perfect.

“Don’t do this to me.” He told her softly. He looked back at her. “Don’t ask me that. Because I can’t answer it even I want too. If he loves you better than I did, if he satisfies you in every way I didn’t, then by gosh you belong with him, Sydney. Nothing I ever brought to our relationship was normal. If you want normal than you belong with him. I have too many demons, too many skeletons in my closet.” He told her. He looked away from her once again. Resting his arm on his knee as he looked at the gum that was stuck under the table in front of him.

“I didn’t do good things when I was gone, Sydney. I killed people.” He told her. “Good people.” He said softly. “If anyone ever found that out, my life would be over. I’d spend the rest of my days rotting in prison.”

Sydney sat up slightly behind him. She laid her hand on his back as his head hung toward the ground.
Aww, poor Vaughniepoo...glad he isn't rotting in prison

“How am I any different than my father now?” He asked.

Sydney moved her hand up to the back of his neck and played with his hair.

“You came back.” She said softly. “You’re nothing like your father.” She told him as she moved closer to him. She rested her head on his shoulder as she stared at the side of his face. “I love you, Vaughn. And I’m sorry you had to go through those things.” She told him. She kissed his ear softly and pressed her forehead to the side of his head as she closed her eyes and comforted him in the only way she knew how, by staying close to him.
*whispers*and you're much hawter than your father

“But…you’re not alone anymore.” She told him as she continued to rub his back. “I’m always going to be on your side. I’ve always been your friend, even before anything else.”

And he believed her, without a doubt. He believed her.
:happydance: Yay, Sydney is going to be by his side through everything...just like it should be. and sydney is right, about him not being like his father. Everything she said this chapter is true. I just love it.

Wonderfulness Kristina and thanks for the update. :hug:

Your 🐒,
Riley xoxo

Loved it....she needs to dump Pete already, even tho he is hot!! Yum! But Vaughn had ducky boxers..and the shrek and donkey thing...come on..I am sure she doesn't have that with Pete....please put them back together pleeeease?

^_^

I think you guy's are going to like the next chapter.

I hope everyone knows a little something about the movie "Casablanca".

Interesting update. I liked the light hearted nature of this chapter. Putting the desk together, not possible without a lot of stress.
Thanks for the PM

I'm editing right now.

But i just have to say, as the writer, this IS my favorite chapter that i have written for this fic so far. I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really LOVE IT.

I just hope you guy's will feel the same when you read it too.

A/N: The Summary of "CASABLANCA" - In World War II Casablanca, Rick Blaine, exiled American and former freedom fighter, runs the most popular nightspot in town. The cynical lone wolf Blaine comes into the possession of two valuable letters of transit. When Nazi Major Strasser arrives in Casablanca, the sycophantic police Captain Renault does what he can to please him, including detaining Czech underground leader Victor Laszlo. Much to Rick's surprise, Lazslo arrives with Ilsa, Rick's one time love. Rick is very bitter towards Ilsa, who ran out on him in Paris, but when he learns she had good reason to, they plan to run off together again using the letters of transit. Well, that was their original plan...

~Part 88~
~Casablanca~

If he loves you as much as he says he does, then he’ll do whatever he can to make you smile when you’re having a crappy day.

Sydney got done reading the small personal column in some random magazine she had picked up off the table behind the cameras that were on set. They always had clippings and reading materials for anyone that was bored enough to actually take the time to sit down and flip through it.

Men often don’t feel as deeply as women do. They hide their emotions more, which makes it harder for them to recognize feelings when they see them on other people. Sometimes you just have to ask nicely. If you know something will make you happy, ask him to do it for you. If he doesn’t then I’d seriously wonder if he’d really go out of his way to make you happy, or if he’d do whatever was convenient for himself.

Maybe that was it. Maybe she could quiz them. Yes, it sounded low, but she didn’t know what else to do. She loved both men in her life, and it was starting to blur her mind in a way that drove her absolutely insane.

Why can’t life be easy? She asked herself as she sat there.

It would be so much easier if one of them had more flaws than the other, she was sure they did, but again, her love vision was blurred. Her heart was confused and her mind was making it worse.

“Sydney?”

Sydney looked up into the eyes of her director.

“Sweetie, you can go home now. We’re done with the final shots.”

Sydney nodded and stood up. “I know, I just…nevermind.” She said shaking her head. She gave him a small smile. “I’ll see you later.” She told him as she rolled up the magazine and took it with her as she walked to her trailer.

She quickly grabbed her things before heading home to the place her and Pete had bought together nearly five months prior. She didn’t want to stay in her old house, not after what had happened. Pete suggested they move to Brentwood, she told him she didn’t care, as long as she got to decorate.

She arrived home at about six-fifteen and parked her car outside the garage. She turned off the engine of her new BMW and got out. She walked up to the front door and opened it, knowing Pete never locked it when he knew she was coming home at a certain time.

She entered the house and dropped her things by the front door before walking in through the living room. Pete was sitting on the couch watching MTV as he snacked on a bag of popcorn.

“That’s not healthy for you.” She teased as she took off her sweater.

Pete smiled and popped another kernel into his mouth. “Yeah, yeah, yeah. It’s not like I eat it everyday.” He said as he kept his focus on the TV program he was watching intently.

Sydney walked over to the couch and sat down next to him. She sighed and leaned back into the cushions.

“What’s wrong?” He asked as he kept staring at the TV.

Her eyes shifted over to him. “I had a bad day.” She said. “Really sh*ty.”

“I’m sorry.” He said. He put his free arm around her shoulders to show her he cared, but then went back to watching MTV once again. Nothing was mentioned after that.

Sydney sat there for about fifteen minutes as he babbled about how ridiculous “The Real World” was. But she zoned him out after a while.

She stood up. “I forgot,” She said, “I didn’t grab my script before I left the set. We’re shooting tomorrow. I have to go get it. I’ll be back.” She said as she pulled her sweater back on and walked to the bathroom. She washed off all of her makeup and grabbed her eyes as she walked out of the bathroom, through the kitchen, and out the front door. She got into her car, and headed back towards the city.

This time she really was in a crappy mood. She didn’t have to fake her disappointment over the fact that Pete found TV more important than making an effort to make her feel better.

She pulled up outside the motel and parked her car. Turning off her lights, she got out and walked up the steps to the second floor of the motel. She walked down the outdoor hallway. She could hear the TV blaring as she stopped in front of his door.

She took a deep breath and knocked three times before putting her hand in the front pocket on her hooded sweatshirt. She heard the deadbolt unlocking and a few moments later the door swung open.

Vaughn was standing in the doorway in black boxers and a t-shirt.

“Hey.” He said, slightly surprised to see her.

She just smiled.

“What’s wrong?” He asked after seeing the slight drop in her mood.

“May I come in?” She asked him.

“Of course.” He said as he stepped aside. Sydney brushed past him and entered the room as he closed the door behind her. She walked over to the bed and turned so her back was facing it. She then slowly leaned back and fell into the mattress with a thud. Groaning as she bounced up and down slightly on the springy mattress.

Vaughn walked over to the television and switched it off. The room became instantly silent.

“Are you going to tell me what’s wrong? Or should I start guessing?” He asked with a small smile.

Sydney turned her head and looked at him. Her arms were lazily resting above her head, causing her shirt to pull up slightly from her belly, exposing her toned stomach.

She’s doing this on purpose isn’t she? She’s trying to kill me.

“I had a bad day.” She said.

“Oh.” He said walking closer to the bed, “One of those, huh?” He took a seat on the edge of the mattress and leaned forward against his knees.

“Yeah, one of those.” She said. She sighed softly and closed her eyes.

“Why’d you come here?” He asked curiously.

“I don’t know.” She told him. She opened her eyes and looked at him. “I interrupted you didn’t I? Gosh, I’m sorry. The Kings are playing right now aren’t they?” She asked as she sat up.

He smiled. “It doesn’t matter.” He told her. “You wanna talk?” He asked.

She looked at him and shook her head. “Not right now.” She told him.

He nodded. “Then what?” He asked.

She smiled, “You remember that theater down the street…”

“…the one that always plays Casablanca.”

Sydney nodded.

He smiled and stood up. He held out his hand for her to take. “Let’s go.”

After Vaughn dressed, it didn’t take them long to walk to the theater down the street. Vaughn paid for the tickets with the tips he had made earlier that day and they walked into the musty old theater.

“I can’t believe this place is still here.” He said.

She smiled. “Yeah, we had some good times here.” She told him.

They had come there almost every week to see the same movie. It was Sydney’s favorite and she had got Vaughn hooked to the point where they both recited the lines in the movie.

They were the only ones in that particular room and just as they sat down the film started.

“Thank you.” Sydney told him as the lights faded.

“Your welcome.” He told her.

As soon as there were lines to recite they said them out loud. Sydney spoke the part of Ilsa, and Vaughn the part of Rick.

“How did you get in?”

“The stairs from the street.”

“I told you this morning you’d come around, but this is a little ahead of schedule. Well, won’t you sit down?”

“Richard, I had to see you.”

“You use Richard again? We’re back in Paris.”

Vaughn smiled. Knowing she didn’t use his given name as much as she did his family name.

“Do I have to hear again what a great man your husband is? What an important cause he’s fighting for?”

“It was your cause too. In your own way, you were fighting for the same thing.”

“I’m not fighting for anything anymore, except myself. I’m the only cause I’m interested in.”

How appropriate was this at the moment? It had everything to do with them.

“Richard, I tried to stay away. I thought I would never see you again, that you were out of my life. The day you left, if you only knew what I went through! If you knew how much I loved you, how much I still love you!”

As the characters kissed on screen Sydney couldn’t help smile. How those two had overcome so many obstacles to be with eachother. And now here they were.

Vaughn’s favorite line came up and he nudged her as he looked into her eyes.

“Here’s looking at you, kid.”

Sydney watched him for a moment before resting her head on his shoulder.

“I wish I didn’t love you so much.”

Maybe the line was more than a line from a movie to her. Maybe she actually felt that way. Wouldn’t it be so much easier if she wasn’t in love with him? But then again, she’d be so empty without him. She couldn’t even imagine what it would feel like to not love him.

Tears ran down Sydney’s face as the movie drew to its ending point. It always got her, but now more than ever.

The lights in the theater slowly came up again. Vaughn went to move but Sydney just sat there.

“I don’t like the ending much.” She said. “It’s too depressing.”

Vaughn sat back and listened as she stared at the row of seats in front of her.

“She’s already with someone when she falls in love with Rick. Then she has to choose, but it’s not really a choice, they both know they can’t be together. But they try…so hard.”

Vaughn turned his head and looked at her, his eyes soft.

“All they want is to be together, but it can’t happen.” She said. She shook her head. “She’s got someone to go home too, and he has a duty.”

“It’s ironic isn’t it?” She asked as she wiped the tears from her cheeks. She tried to laugh about it. “How our favorite movie ended up becoming a part of our lives.”

“Sydney – ”

“I don’t want it to end that way.” She told him as she looked up at the screen. Tears once again fell down her cheeks. “I don’t want to lose you again, I don’t care…”

Vaughn pulled her to him and held her awkwardly over the armrest. “It’s just a movie.” He told her as he ran his hand across the back of her head.

“No it’s not.” She said. “It’s us. It’s everything.” She told him. “Our lives are the movie, just fifty years later. Except I don’t want it to end like that, with us moving different ways again.”

“It doesn’t have to be that way.” He told her.

“But that’s what happened to Rick and Ilsa.”

“Rick and Ilsa.” He agreed. “Not Sydney and Michael.” He told her.

Sydney pulled back slightly and looked at him after regaining her control. Vaughn smiled softly and wiped at her nose slightly with his sleeve. Her nose started running due to her crying. He wiped the tears off her cheeks as his eyes roamed her face.

“I forgot how adorable you look when you cry.” He told her.

His comment made her smile softly.

“You up for round two?” He asked.

She nodded and he smiled.

“Alright, I’ll go tell ‘em to play it again. I’ll be back.” He told her. He kissed her cheek quickly and got up from his seat. She watched him as he walked out of the row and up the isle to the door that led out of the room. Once he was out of sight she turned back to look at the screen.

She shook her head softly. How exactly was this hard to see? The simplicity of their feelings? Her heart was out there on a hook, and she was waiting for someone to steal it, she just hoped it would be the right man.

At first I thought she set up the bad day to test them but then that's not really Syd is it? I say Vaughn responded correctly. I mean seriously the Real World over your fiance' bad day? Typical man...dump him go back to Vaughn. ;)

Back