~Joe's Bar & Grill~

ok i'm just trying to warm my hands :lol: melbourne and it's freezing weather in the most randomest parts of the year :rolleyes:

but wow kristina. he surprised her *gasps dramatically* i never would have guessed :lol:

even though i saw it coming, it was sooo unbelievably cute

it was sad that jinxie died but *squeal* maggie's adowable!

and hey what about his mum? is she ok? *worried*

luv juju :harp:

*sigh*

That was so sweet! :smiley: I was like "Vaughn, you dope! DON'T FORGET HER!" :lol:

I loved the line about Syd's mom being a drama queen. :lol:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! He bought (and brought as I just realised) a puppy! And a lab! Love it! And the way he was there and her mum told her to go to her room and Syd with her dad at the rink! EEEEEK! Love it!

What a wonderful chapter! Thankyou for the PM and the update! I cant wait for another!
-G

A puppy!!! I love puppies! And A Hawaii wedding...that's so great! My dream place, right there!!! And Jack likes him!! This is just too good!!! I hope it keeps going like this!!!!!

AHH! Loved every single one of the updates! Was on vacation, sowwy!!

Loved 'em, loved 'em, loved 'em.

More soon!

Lauren

update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update

aww well I just spent the last 12 hours reading this and I had trouble at times because it was hard for me to see through my teary eyed vision lol

Please PM me when you update :smiley: Thanks :D

I am a Joe's stalker for real now!! Kristina..where are you? Do I need to write you another poem....there are only like 4 writers that I pull out my charming poems for, and you are one of them..c'mon..please update? Pretty please with suga suga on top?? You are prolly like me, I like reading other people's updates, better than updating my own, but I also enjoy updating my stories, so that I can hear what people have to say about them...but sadly, nobody has written me a poem yet. (n) So that is all the more reason for you to feel special. Cuz I will write you some!!!

Later Babe!

Crinx

lol. Crinx, i'd totally write you a poem, but i suck at writing poems. You don't understand how bad i am....lol. It's actually to the point of not being funny.

Anyway, here's an update. Yeah, i don't really like this chapter, i don't know why.

~Part 106~
~New Year’s~

“We’re here from the TRL studio in fabulous New York City. The ball is going to be dropped in exactly two hours and we have one of the most famous and most beloved actresses with us. And by far my favorite. Sydney, it’s always nice to see you, you’re looking very amazing this evening.”

“Thank you Tami, it’s great to be back.” Sydney said.

“Yeah, because actually the last time you were here you were promoting ‘Connections’ which did awesome in the box office, congrats on that.”

“Thanks, yeah, that was last spring.” Sydney said.

“But, you look stunning. They really have you workin’ out over in LA don’t they?”

“They do, four to five days a week, about an hour a day. I mean, it’s not like boot camp or anything. It’s really a mental thing for me. It clears my mind.”

“Yeah, I tried to whole Pilates thing, I was hopeless.” Tami said laughing.

“Aww…”

“Yeah, there was an incident with the ball, you know the big blow up balls you just want to kick at someone…”

Sydney laughed. “I know of them, but I don’t recall ever wanting to severely discombobulate someone with them.”

The audience laughed with the light-hearted banter.

“Anyway, I better stop before I get fired. Sydney is going to be with us until midnight, so we have some fun interviews and other things coming up. We’ll get the scoop on all the rumors that are floating around and such. All of that and more after the break!”

“And….cut!”

Sydney got out of her chair and walked back behind the camera, the fans still talking loudly. She walked through a doorway and into the back hallway. One of the guards opened a door for her and she walked into a private room.

“Enjoying yourself?” She asked as she looked over to see her fiancée lounging comfortably on the couch.

Vaughn smiled as he glanced over at Sydney.

“Very much so.” He said. “You’re cute on TV.”

She laughed and walked over to him. He sat up slightly as she stopped in front of him, standing between his legs and setting her hands in his hair.

He looked up at her. His eyes looking unsure for a moment.

“What’s wrong?” She asked.

“Nothin’.” He said.

“There is something wrong, you just gave me a look.” She said.

“What look?” He asked.

“That one.” She said. “Like you’re hesitant. What’s going on?” She asked.

He looked down for a moment, his eyes falling on her waist line as he thought.

“Syd…”

Sydney’s brow furrowed slightly as her eyes got dark with worry. She squatted down in front of him and took his hands.

“I don’t…I’ve been thinking, I really don’t know how to ask you this. You’ve already done so much for me…”

“Michael, just tell me.” She said.

He looked up into her eyes. “The only time my mom gets out of the house is when she has a doctor appointment. I spent almost a week with her, and all she’s able to do is watch television all day because of the crappy weather.” He shook his head. “She’s not as strong as she was the last time I saw her, she’s not happy there, and I feel like it’s partially my fault.”

“Michael, under no circumstances can you possibly blame your mothers condition on yourself. You can’t carry that on your shoulders, it’s not yours to carry.” Sydney said.

He shook his head. “Not that.” He said. “All she wants, is for what’s left of my family to come back together. To have everyone in the same room and be happy for once. I owe it to her to do that before…she’s gone. But I don’t want her to be alone in Chicago. I don’t want her to be alone for the last few months she has left, she doesn’t deserve it.”

Sydney’s face relaxed considerably when she realized what he was trying to ask her.

The door to the room opened and the guard peaked his head inside.

“Ms. Bristow, we need you back out here.”

Sydney nodded and the guard closed the door again. She looked back at Vaughn.

“I think I understand what it is you’re trying to ask.” She told him. “And we’ll finish this conversation as soon as I’m done out there. I promise you.”

He nodded softly, believing her.

She gave him a soft smile before leaning up and giving him a kiss.

“I’ll be back.” She told him as she stood up. She adjusted the hem of her shirt as she walked to the door. She opened it up and walked out of the room.

Vaughn turned his attention back to the television. He watched the screen as another VJ from LA was checking in. But the attention soon came back to Sydney and Tami.

“Thanks, Glenn. We are back with Sydney Bristow. She’ll be with us until the New Year rings in. And there are a lot of people that want to ask you questions in the audience here before we move up to the roof. How about we start with….” Tami looked down at her cue cards. “Jason. Jason where are you?”

A young man in the audience stood up and he was given a microphone.

“Hi, Jason.” Sydney said.

“Hi…um. I’m a fan of all your movies. And I was wondering what project you’d like to work on next?”

Jason took a seat and everyone listened.

“You know, I’ve shied away from the action movies for the last few years. But I think it might be fun to be a part of one of those again.” Sydney said.

“Another action movie, that sounds great.” Tami said. “Alright, do we have an Andrew in the room? Andrew stand up.”

Andrew stood up in the back and a microphone was handed to him.

“Hey, I’m Andrew.”

“Hello, Andrew.” Sydney said with a laugh. She loved talking to fans.

“Yeah, I think all the guys in here want to know if you’re single or not.” Andrew said.

Everyone laughed softly, including Sydney.

“Well, I’m sorry to disappoint you. But I’m off the market.” Sydney said with a hint of glee.

“You sound happy about that.” Tami said.

“I am, very much so. I actually couldn’t be happier at the moment.”

“Alright, one more question before we give the mic back to Glenn in LA. Anna, stand up and ask your question girl.” Tami said.

A young woman stood up next to Sydney.

“Hi, um….what was the best gift you got for Christmas this year?”

“Oh, that’s a good one.” Tami said.

Sydney smiled and brought her microphone up to her mouth.

“Best gift?” She asked. “Hmmm….well, I was surprised with a puppy this afternoon. So I’d have to say that was a very nice surprise.”

“I wish I was given a puppy for Christmas. I usually just get shower gel and cookies.” Tami said. “Alright, Glenn is going to take over the show until 11:30. Then we’ll come back here for the countdown to the dropping of the ball. All of that and more after we come back.”

The cameras turned off and Tami handed off her microphone and her and Sydney walked off the set.

“We’ve got a half hour before we’re back on. If you want I can take you upstairs? There’s a small TRL party goin’ on up there as we speak.” Tami said.

“Yeah, sure.” Sydney said. “Just a sec.” Sydney opened the door to the back room that Vaughn was in and peaked her head inside. “Hey, come on.” She said.

Vaughn got up from the couch and walked to the door. As soon as he was in reach Sydney took his hand and followed Tami as she led them to the elevators.

“Where we goin’?” Vaughn asked as they stepped into the elevator car. Tami hit the button for the top floor.

“You said you were hungry earlier, we’ll grab something to eat before I have to go back on.” Sydney told him.

He nodded and watched as the numbers above the door lit up, signifying what floor they were on. The car stopped and the doors opened. People were mingling and sipping champagne in the large open room.

“Most of these people work here for TRL, they won’t bother you unless you want to be bothered.” Tami said. “The food is over there,” She pointed to a table, “When you’re done just head to the floor below this and someone will touch up your make-up real quick.”

“Thanks.” Sydney said.

Tami walked away, leaving Sydney and Vaughn alone to mingle with people that where perfect strangers.

“Syd, do you know any of these people?” Vaughn asked as he casually turned his body so he was standing in front of her. She glanced past his shoulder and shook her head as she looked up at him.

“Nope.” She told him. “Come on.” She led him over to the food table and took a plate. She grabbed some shrimp and a glass of champagne off the table, then led him to a couch that was near the floor to ceiling windows. They gave a perfect view of the beautiful city.

She sat down next to him and offered him some shrimp.

“No thanks.” He said.

She shrugged and began to eat as he checked out the crowd.

“People are looking at us.” He said. She set the plate down on the coffee table and took a sip of champagne.

“So, let them look.” Sydney said. “As long as they don’t have cameras then I don’t care.”

He nodded and let his eyes fall on the painting that was on the wall behind the couch that was across from them. He didn’t realize that she had shifted her position. That she now had one leg tucked under her body with her elbow propped up on the back of the couch, her head resting in her hand.

“We didn’t get to finish our conversation earlier.” She said softly. Her free hand came up to his chest and flattened out the invisible wrinkles in his shirt.

“Yeah, I know.” He said as he watched her hand as it slid to his stomach.

“We have six bedrooms in the house.” She said. “Five of them aren’t being used. If having your mother live with us would make you feel better, then yes.” She said. “I’m okay with it.”

He looked at her. “Are you sure?” He asked.

She smiled softly and nodded. “I’m sure.”

He nodded. “Thank you.”

She wrapped her arm around his stomach and moved closer to him. She rested her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes when she felt his arm move to surround her shoulders.

“When we get back to Los Angeles, we have to apply for our marriage license.” She said.

He smiled softly. “You sure you want to marry me?” He asked teasingly.

“You’re a good cook, saves me the trouble of having to hire one.” She joked.

“Ouch.” He said.

She laughed. “Plus, I’m too busy to clean up after the puppy.”

“Alright, that’s just cruel.” He said.

She pulled away from him slightly and smiled. She kissed his cheek and played with a piece of hair that stuck out over his ear. She tucked it away.

“You really know why I want to marry you?” She asked.

He was silent, waiting for her to continue. He knew she didn’t need coaxing.

“Because I’ve been in a lot of bad relationships. It’s hard to find someone that actually loves you for you instead of just wanting to be a part of you social world. Not only do you not care about all of this.” She said looking around. “But you also look out for me, something not a lot of people care to do.”

“Syd, I’ll always have your back. You know that.” He said.

She nodded and smiled mischievously. “See, I don’t have to have a body guard all the time either.” She said as she bit her bottom lip.

He tried to not laugh at her, but it was hard. She was desperately trying to restrain her own humor, so much so that her smile was probably as wide as it could possibly be. Her dimples were shadowed enough to be visible across the room.

Sydney Bristow was happy. And seeing her like this made him feel like he mattered. She once told him that if she didn’t talk to him every night when she was away she’d be in a bad mood all day long, and she couldn’t concentrate on work. If her addiction to him were carried by any other woman, he would think it to be crazy and just lustful. But she was different. She was Sydney, and that’s the only excuse she needed.

I got here before the PM did!

I don't know why you didn't like that chapter...I thought it was wonderful. I loved how Syd was telling Vaughn she wanted to marry him so she didn't have to hire a cook or worry about cleaning up after the dog. It was really cute.

Thank you for updating today. You have no idea how much I needed that.

eta: I was first! :woot: I've never, ever done that before. Not ever. Even when I've tried. Wow.

Whew that was a good chapter. And holy... they have 6 bedrooms in their house? I want to live with them. :lol: So sweet that Vaughn's mom is gonna move in with them. And that's gonna be sad when she passes. :( Great job on the chapter!

great update, i am a little nervous about what is going to happen if vaughn invites bill over to their house, if that is what his mom wants

They are really cute together. I am glad that Sydney is going to let his mom move in with them. I think that it will be great.

Great chapter. Please update again soon.

texasalias

Back