~Joe's Bar & Grill~

:cry: sad chapter...

I'm glad Vaughn was totally honest with her before the wedding. A marriage with secrets is not good.

Can't wait to know how Sydney reacts.

Thanks for the PM.

I'm sure he feels better now that he's said all that. Poor Guy. I'm sure Syd will forgive him because he had no control over the situation.

Oh that was so sad. :cry:
At least Damien is ok.
I can't believe they had Vaughn arrested. :angry:
Poor Syd for having to read that letter. I wounder how she will react to it and to Vaughn. More soon please. :P
Thanks for the pm.
:surf:

:cry: thats such a sad letter!! syd needs to run to vaughn and give him a big :hug: *nods* lol and vaughn had to pee on his friend LMAO!! great updates ~lizzy

awwwwwww that was really sad......loved the way you wrote that letter.....if i were Sydney, i'd be crying too!
Please update really really soon, coz i soooooo wanna know how Syd reacts.....i dont think she'll be too upset because none of this was Michael's fault, he had no control over it! no doubt there will be a little bit of angst though......but i think everything is going to turn out just fine!

*dies*

Oh my freaking god... For a number of reasons.

1) So freakin' well written. It's just AMAZING.
2) Vaughn finally told her that he was an assassin... Although it was in the form of a letter. But she knows anyway...

And I've forgotten the rest of my reasons for whatever it was I was talking about... :confused:

But DUDE! I don't know what to say... Well, except, <span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>i need an update!</span>

:notworthy:

Cai
x

ps. Pretty please with a cherry and sprinkles on top? :angelic: *begs*

Great updates! I knew as soon as Francie's boyfriend got stung by a jellyfish, that it'd be Vaughn to pee on him... :lol: And I guess it was because of Friends. :P I wonder if Sydney is pregnant... Hm... And man... do they ever have anything kept secret in their life? That stupid marriage liscense person should be fired. :lol: And... poor Syd and Vaughn... I wonder what she'll say? :(

Amazing updates, i cant wait to see Syd's response to the letter and what it will mean for the future of their relationship!

Also love your new av and sig :smiley:

Caz x

OMG! That was so sad! Made me want to cry...almost did!!! Poor Vaughn...poor Syd! I hope she runs down the stairs (carefully, as to avoid tripping) and hugs him and tells him she loves him and they can overcome anything! Thats what I hope happens...Oh, do update soon. We need to know that everything's gonna be ok with them!

Great chapter!!

Linnette

:D This is am amazing fic! I only started reading it a couple of days ago and I couldn't stop. My husband doesn't think that he's married anymore because I'm always up here reading! I'm finally up to date and can't wait for more! Please add me to your PM list! Thanks!!! :D

Ok, first off this is a AWESOME fic!!!! I has taken me forever to read all 108 chapters but I finally have!!! I am so glad!! This is a cute story, it had me hooked from the beginning, and I just couldn't stop. You are a AWESOME writer!!! Would you add me to the PM list? That would mean a lot to me!! Thanks a bunch!!
Lindsay :angelic:

hey that was so sad.
sorry i haven't reviewed in ages i've had so much stuff going on.
thanks for the pm
can't wait for syd's reaction to the letter

A/N: Alright, you guys really have to empty your PM inbox. lol. Everytime i try to send PM's there are some people that are max'd out. So if you didn't get one and you're on the list then that's why. Enjoy the chap!

~Part 111~
~Midol & Pregnancy Tests~

Ultimately you have a choice when someone you love tells you something about themselves you didn’t know. You can either accept it for what it is because you can’t change it, or you can act in a way that many people do, they hold a grudge. They wonder why they weren’t told earlier, why such a secret was kept from them.

Sydney’s relationship with Vaughn was no doubt full of drama. Hell, if they made a TV show about it people would watch. But she learned something after everything. There were few instances where he was to blame for the situation. People used him and then got rid of him. They stepped on his head while he was drowning instead of lending a helping hand.

No, she wasn’t happy to learn of his activities with another woman. But how could she judge him when she was doing the same thing with Pete? He didn’t have to tell her about the woman other than he killed her, but he did. Michael Vaughn was an honest man, and loyal to the bone. At times the things he did were somewhat wrong even though he thought them to be right at the time. He made mistakes, he was human, she knew that.

She folded the letter back up and sat up on the bed as she tried to dry the tears that were falling from her eyes. She couldn’t go downstairs looking as she was with company. She realized why he picked this time to give it to her instead of waiting until everyone was gone. It’s because he really was scared.

She pushed herself off the bed and walked slowly to the bathroom. She flipped on the light and turned on the sink to wash off her face with cold water. It helped to calm her down, but it was still very visible that she had been crying. Her nose was red and runny and her eyes were slightly puffy now.

“Shi*.” She said softly to the mirror. She shook her head and walked out of the bathroom and over to the closet. She walked inside and took a white shoe box down from the top shelf. She tore off the lid and fingered through the old photos and cards. She finally came across what she was looking for.

She pulled out the silver Harry Winston ring Vaughn had proposed to her with years before. They had agreed that maybe it was best not to wear it around, so the paparazzi wouldn’t get a glimpse of it and spread the news of their engagement. Of course, neither of them knew it was too late.

She slipped on the ring and put the box back on the shelf before turning off the light and walking out into the room. She took a deep breath before opening the bedroom door and walking out into the hallway. She could hear the voices from downstairs; they were still in the kitchen.

She slowly walked down the stairs and was thankful that no one really noticed she was there.

“I swear, she looked like Cinderella in that dress.” Amy said.

“She definitely did.” Laura agreed.

Sydney cleared her throat and all eyes were on her.

“Hey, where’d you run off too?” Francie asked.

“Vaughn wanted me to look for something up stairs. Where is he?” Sydney asked.

“He went to the store.” Laura said as she cut up an onion. “You’re out of ketchup.”

Sydney nodded.

“Are you alright, sweetheart? You look a bit flushed.” Amy said as she closed the tuxedo magazine that Sydney had picked up before they arrived home.

“I’m fine.” Sydney said. “When did Michael leave?”

“Like two seconds ago. You can probably still catch him.” Francie said as she took a chug out of her Pepsi can. Sydney quickly walked to through the foyer and to the front door. She slipped outside and sure enough Vaughn was just starting to roll away in his Bentley.

“Vaughn!” She called. If it wasn’t for the open windows he wouldn’t have heard her. The car halted and Sydney ran down the front steps and into the driveway. She opened the passenger door and got in.

“What are you doing?” He asked confused with his foot still on the brake.

She debated on actually talking. She could tell him she wasn’t mad, that she loved him no matter who he was or what he did in the past. But she felt as though she didn’t need too. She took his right hand that rested on his thigh and brought it up to her mouth, kissing the back of his hand as he sat there and stared at her.

His eye caught on to the glimmering diamond on her finger and that’s all he needed to see to realize the despite the bad things he had done she still loved him too much for words. A small smile pulled at his lips and he nodded softly before looking back through the windshield. He let his foot off the brake and pulled out of the driveway, heading to the store they always shopped at that was ten minutes away.

As soon as they were on the road three SUV’s were tailing them. Vaughn could easily lose them, he was sure of it, just because of the skills he had acquired from his missing time. But he was too happy to even care about them when Sydney Bristow was by his side.

He pulled into the parking lot of Brentwood Family Food’s and parked the car somewhat far out so it wouldn’t be door dinged. Of course he knew some jacka** would pick the spot next to him even though there were plenty of other spots. He turned off the car and got out. Sydney was waiting at the back of the car for him, her hands stuffed in her pockets.

“Did I tell you I got my dress today?” She asked.

He smiled as he walked around the car. They started walking toward the building. Sydney looped her arm around his as they dodged a few cars here and there.

“No you didn’t.” He said.

“Well, actually we just ordered it. I think you’re going to like it.” She said happily.

He looked over at her.

“Did I tell you I love you today?” He asked.

“I think once or twice.” She said.

He smiled. “I love you. I can’t believe I’m marrying you.”

“That’s good right?”

“Very good.” He told her as they got to the entrance. Three men with cameras were waiting on the sidewalk, taking pictures left and right.

“How are you guy’s doin’ today?” Sydney asked. Normally she’d ignore them, but she decided maybe being nice to them would get them to back off a little and be less pushy.

“Could we get a picture of your ring, Sydney?”

“What ring?” She asked with a smile as she walked into the store with Vaughn. Vaughn grabbed a cart and she held onto his arm as he walked through the aisles.

“Sweetie, I have to pick up something for Francie. I’ll find you alright?”

“That’s fine, I’ll be in this area.” Vaughn said as she kissed his cheek and walked the opposite way.

She made her way to the drug department and walked down the aisle, browsing for something that might give her a little closure to the question that kept circulating in her mind. She looked down both ends of the aisle as she stopped in front of the home pregnancy tests. She browsed through the different brands and decided to play it safe this time. She chose different brands and made her way to the drug counter to pay. She was relieved to see an older man in his seventies behind the counter. She felt safer with her purchase, hoping it wouldn’t end up on the nine o’clock news.

“Hello there, find everything you been lookin’ for?” He asked with a slight southern accent.

Sydney smiled and threw on her West Virginian accent for good measure.

“Why I sure did, thank you very much.” She said as he scanned the items.

“No problem, it’s my job to make sure you’re shopping experience was great.” He said as he bagged the items.

She handed him her credit card. “Could you double bag that for me?” She asked.

“Sure thing.” He said as he put the bag inside of another bag. He handed the bag to her and swiped her card. She signed the receipt and smiled at him.

“Thank you, Donald.” She said after looking at his name tag. She put her card away and walked through the store in search of Vaughn. She found him in the floral department and a look of confusion appeared on her face as she walked up behind him. She put her arms around him and hugged him, her cheek resting against his back.

“Whatca doin’?” She asked as she looked over his shoulder. He smiled as he turned around, causing her to let go of him. He held out a long steamed red rose and her lips pulled up into a full blown smile. “For me?”

“Of course it’s for you. No other woman will put up with me.”

She laughed slightly and took the flower.

“Well maybe that’s a good thing for me, less competition.” She said with a wink. She watched him pick up three other pink roses. “Who are those for?”

He set the flowers carefully in the cart and looked at her. “Your mom, my mom, and Francie.” He told her as he started to push the cart again. Sydney shook her head, amazed at how thoughtful he was. “Did you get what Francie needed?” He asked her.

“Yep.” She said.

“Alright, I think we’ve got everything. I got extra hamburger buns just in case.” He said as he headed up to line. He loaded everything on the conveyor belt and took out his wallet as Sydney set the bags back into the cart.

“$34.76.” The cashier said. Vaughn handed him a fifty and then turned to watch Sydney. Her attention was directed toward a small child that was trying to get a gumball out of the gumball machine near the door.

“Mommy! I can’t get it!” The little girl yelled as she tried to stick her little hand up the tube where the candy was supposed to come out.

“I’ll be right there sweetie.” Her mother said.

Vaughn watched Sydney smile slightly when the girls mother helped her put the quarter into the machine.

“Sir, your change.” The cashier said.

Vaughn snapped his head back and took the money from the man behind the counter. He stuffed it in his wallet and dropped the change in his pocket as he took the cart once again. Sydney followed him out, hiding behind him knowing full well if he saw her smile he’d question her.

The walk to the car was silent and continued as Vaughn loaded the bags into the trunk, the paparazzi behind them taking pictures. He opened the doors and both of them got in. Vaughn started the car and pulled away. They were both silent still until Vaughn spoke.

“So what did Francie need?” He asked out of the blue.

Shi*. Just act natural.

“Midol.” Sydney said.

He smiled. “Three boxes?” He asked as he looked at the bag in her lap. “I knew she was moody, but that’s a lot of Midol.”

“Well, she wanted three, so I go three.” She said.

They fell into silence for another minute.

“They must have changed the boxes, they used to be smaller.”

Double shi*! What the hell does he even want to know for? And how does he know how big the boxes are!?

“How do you even know how big the box is?” She asked.

“You have on in the medicine cabinet. Just because I’m a guy doesn’t mean I’m an idiot. Contrary to popular belief.”

“I didn’t say you were.” She said as she played with the petals of the rose he had bought her. He studied her face for a few moments before Sydney yelled at him. “Vaughn...car!”

Vaughn immediately looked back at the road and slammed on the brakes. A black Ford Focus had pulled out of no where. The bag in Sydney’s lap flew forward and fell onto the floor, spilling one of the boxes out of the bag. Sydney quickly scooped it back into the bag, but Vaughn’s eyes had been quicker.

“That doesn’t look like Midol to me.” He said as they stopped at a red light.

She bit her lip as she stared at the dumba** in the Ford they almost hit, he was now idling in front of them.

“Is Francie pregnant?” Vaughn asked.

She couldn’t look at him, afraid that if she saw what was behind his eyes that she’d lose it and start crying.

“She doesn’t really know…she’s…not really sure.”

Unaware of her fumbling words she tightened her jaw and turned her face away from him to look out the side window. Obviously he didn’t like this because he was about to say something before a horn blared behind them.

Vaughn looked back at the road and hit the gas. The things he wanted to say went unsaid, but she knew it wouldn’t be long before he said them when they arrived back at the house.

She was right, as soon as they pulled into the driveway he parked the car so close to Sydney’s on the side that she’d never have a chance to get out.

“Vaughn…”

He put the car in park and took off his seat belt.

“You know, when you act you can’t ever tell you’re lying because you make yourself a different person while you’re on camera. But when you lie your face is always relaxed and you always look unsure about yourself.” He said. “If there is something you need to tell me, right now would be a good time, unless you want to write me a letter.”

She looked at him, still unsure about the situation.

“You know, you shouldn’t make it so obvious.”

“What do you mean?” She asked.

“The baby in the elevator at the county building. The little girl back there.” He said. “You sure those are for Francie?” He nodded toward the bag. “Or are you too afraid that I’ll be mad if I find out they’re for you?”

She looked away from him. She hated the fact that he was smart. Why couldn’t he just be some stupid hot guy instead of a smart gorgeous guy?

“I wouldn’t be, if they were for you.” He said. She wouldn’t let herself look at him. “In fact it would probably be one of the best memories. Not the fact that I just blockaded you into the car. But the fact that we might actually have something that’s ours.” He shook his head. “Of course I don’t know how it would happen, since you’re on the pill…”

“I was on medication up until a few weeks after you came back.”

“Alright.”

“It hinders the effectiveness. Although the chances are slim there’s still a chance that it won’t work.” She looked down at her hands. “We were together once while I was on both. It was the first time, at the motel.” She said. “Almost two months ago.”

“Sydney….” He could see her bottom lip begin to quiver, and her eyebrows arched as her forehead wrinkled.

“I’m sorry…” She sobbed.

“No…” He started the car and pulled back slightly so her door wasn’t blocked. He got out of the car and walked to her side. He opened her door and pulled her out and into his arms. She wrapped her legs around his waist and buried her face in his neck.

“I didn’t mean for it to happen…it just did. I should have been more careful.”

“Shhh…” He closed her door with his foot and carried her inside the house. Everyone turned and looked when they heard Sydney’s cries. Vaughn waved them off as he walked upstairs. “Francie.”

Francie dropped the spoon she was using to flip the salad with and ran after them up the stairs.

“I’m sorry…”

He tried to set Sydney on the bed but she wouldn’t let go of him. He instead just stood there with her still clinging to his body.

Francie walked inside the room and watched.

“I didn’t want to tell you until I knew for sure.” She said into his neck. His skin was now wet with her tears.

“There’s a bag in the car with…it’s on the floor, can you get it?” Vaughn asked.

“Of course.” Francie ran back out of the room to retrieve the bag.

“Syd…come on…get down.” He told her. He gently pried her off of him and set his hands on her shoulders. “Now stop crying, you’re wasting tears on nothing.” He told her as she wiped his thumbs over her cheeks. “Are you going to make me pull out the ducky boxers? Cause god knows I still have them.”

She laughed slightly and wiped at her eyes. Francie came back into the room a few moments later with the bag.

“Alright, Francie’s going to stay in here with you. I’m going to wait downstairs.” He said.

“No.” Sydney grabbed his hand as he was about to turn away. “I want you to stay.”

Although he thought it to be better if only Francie were with her, he couldn’t deny her. If she wanted him to stay, he’d stay.

PM LIST: 07/29/05

(140)

ashqua
julesvartan
noggi16
SydnVaughn4eva
musically83
luckylass
stealthy
sexcivaughn14
alias_luver
vaughnshoney