~Joe's Bar & Grill~

that was a grand chapter. Lovely stuff and the comedy of Francie and Damien getting it on below deck... priceless

Thank you for the pma nd for th eupdate

Oh no!
poor Vuaghn's mom
I don't want her to be sick
I like her healthy!
I love your uh, AV, I think it is
I love him
He is so hot!
Thanks for the PM
Update again soon please

“Scary to think about. But what would you do without that woman?”

“Get on a bike and ride off a cliff. I swear, she can annoy the hell out of me to a point where I want to pull my hair out. But if she was gone, I know I’d miss it.”

“The fact that she annoys the hell out of you?”

“Yup.” Michael says with a slight smile.

“Now that’s messed up shi*.”

“Love is love.” Vaughn says. “She pulled me in so far I couldn’t even think about getting out. She’s addicting. Once you’ve had her no other woman comes close.” He stops for a moment and Damien smiles. “That sounded wrong.”

“Yeah it did.”
awww...:love: and haha :P

“You know, I have this friend who does calendars. You’d make a hot Mr. April.” She tells him.
thats SOOO random ^_^

This is an awesome fic! Hopefully they can get there in time for Vaughn to say goodbye...and poor Jenna. :(

I wouldn't mind a calender full of Vaughn!! :D

Can I get a PM when you update, please?

Holey crapbags, holey crapbags... *flails arms about* What are they gonna do?!?! Is his mum even dying? :confused: I hope she's not... Gah, she had better not be! :cry: Cos poor Jenna, all alone by herself...

HUWWY HOME MIKEY!

*waves pom poms* :lol: Not a laughing situation, but hey, that stupid barrelling squirrel pic has me in hysterics :rotflmao: What the heck is the little thing trying to do anyway? :laughbounce:

Ah, how I love your sense of humour, Kristina :P

Awesome update! Not that it really matters that you're a crappy updater, cos your updates are always worth the wait :D

Cai
x

That picture of the squirrel made my day! We've got a huge backyard with more trees in the back... and there are squirrels everywhere!! I really think the ones living on our property are like domesticated now... it's scary.

Aww... loved the fluff on the boat. :love: But I hope that everything is ok with Vaughn's mom. (n)

Great chapter! Thanks for the pm! Update soon!!

First of all, I'm so sorry that I haven't been able to read and review until now. I just caught up on about 70 pages. Thanks for the awesome updates and PM!

2nd, I don't think that you are goofy. The squirrels in Chicago are very aggressive. They look so cute until they try to attack you! :woot:

I just read the entire story. Took me ALL DAY! But I thoroughly enjoyed every second of it. This story is unbelievable. :smiley:

Can I get a PM when you update?

aww poor Ms vaughn! Hope she gets better! And as for the pic of the deranged squirrel, I loved it! and it did make my day better so thanks!! lol great update! ~Lizzy

I've just caught up on like more than 20 over parts I swear I'll be dreaming about Vaughn and Syd tonight. :lol: Not that it's a bad thing ;)

Sorry for being such a bad reader Kristina! (n) But I really really really love this fic, all the witty dialogues, the dramatic endings, the lovey dovey fluff and most of all, how you wrote about Vaughn's love for Syd, and the man he is.........my dream guy.......hehehe :love:

Thanks again for sharing your talented writing and most enjoyable story with us! :D

There is no need to apologise that youre a bad updater.... because Im a baaaaaaad reviewer! Ive been meaning to come in and leave a reply but I just got busy and forgot. :blush:

There were some things that I wanted to comment on though...

I just loved the wedding! I think that with these two, a super fluffy wedding would not have been suitable! I just adored how they joked through the ceremony. It put the icing on the cake for me!

I think tht Vaughn taking in his little sister is wonderful! He is so cute with her. And I couldnt stop laughing when she almost caught Syd riding Vaughn! :lol: But then Vaughn made up for it by going to bed with her... :love:

Then this chapter... I looooved how Syd freaked out because Vaughn was going to jump in the water! Her response was awesome!

So all in all... this just continues to get better and better and better... I really hang out for your updates and they are definitely worth the wait! Thankyou for all of the PM's and the updates! Cant wait for more soon!
-G

A/N: So wow, it's been a long time since i updated. Sorry peeps, i've been busy and i hate it. Such is life. Anywho, i just thought i'd say that this is the chapter where the sex of the baby is known. I'll explain more at the end if some of you would rather read it first.

~Part 119~
~Back to the Doctors~

So he’d done a little research. Not like it was a bad thing, but he knew exactly what to expect during Sydney’s doctors appointment this morning. They had already talked about it, and both decided that they wanted to know the sex of the baby. Having it at their fingertips and not being able to touch it was all too tempting; neither of them could wait another six months for it.

Francie and Damien had stayed over at Sydney’s and Vaughn’s for the last few nights, so when the couple wasn’t home they could watch Jenna and Amy. Amy’s health was going downhill rapidly. She was to the point where she could barley get out of bed without someone helping her the entire way.

“I’m so excited.” Sydney says from the passenger seat of the Bentley. She’s definitely glowing this morning. For the last few months she’s been happy, and as her stomach continues to grow, so does her enthusiasm.

“I can tell.” He says as he sets his hand on her thigh. He stops at a traffic light and turns his head to look at her.

“I bet you it’s gonna be a boy.” She says.

“I don’t care what it is, as long as it’s healthy.” He tells her. “I’ll be happy with that.”

“You just don’t like betting with me, because you always lose.”

“That too.” He laughs. “Last time I lost a bet you made me clean the basement.”

“Yeah, because there are spiders down there, and you know what happens when one pops out on me.”

“Unfortunately, yes I do.” He says as the light changes. He hits the gas and quickly cuts over to the other lane. He pulls into the driveway of the medical offices and parks the car around the building so it’s away from plain view on the street.

They both get out of the car and Michael puts his arm around her shoulder in a protective manner as they walk around the building towards the entrance. Of course, as usual, paparazzi are across the street taking pictures. Michael gives them a dirty look before opening the glass door for Sydney.

“Thank you.” She says girlishly.

He walks in after her and holds the next door open as well. She waits for him as he stops and holds the door for an elderly woman with a cane. He even goes as far as to open the last set of doors so she can step out into the rainy LA weather. He quickly catches up to Sydney and she smiles.

“Nice to see you still have manners.” She says.

“What do you mean still?” He asks as they step onto an elevator and make their way up to the forth floor. Sydney just shrugs as the doors close. The smile on her face hasn’t left since they woke up this morning.

The doors open once again and they walk down the empty hallway to the doctors office. He follows her inside and the waiting room is relatively empty.

“Hello there.” The nurse at the front desk says with a smile.

“Hi, I have an appointment at nine-fifteen.” Sydney says.

“Sydney?” The woman asks.

“Yes.”

“Alright, if you’ll just follow me.” The woman says as she gets up. She walks around the counter and opens the door to let Sydney and Vaughn into the back. “Right this way to room four.”

The three of them enter the room and the nurse turns on the lights.

“Do I have to change or anything?” Sydney asks.

The nurse turns around and looks at what Sydney’s wearing. “No, actually, you should be fine.” She smiles. “The doctor will be with you in just a minute, just go ahead and lie down on the bed.” She walks out of the room, leaving Sydney and Vaughn alone as she closes the door as well.

Sydney takes off her coat and hands it to Vaughn as she slips off her shoes and hops up on the cushioned hospital type bed. She rests her hand on her stomach and Vaughn takes a seat on the edge of the bed near her feet; her jacket drapped across his arm.

“It’s werid isn’t it?” She asks with a smile. She looks down at her stomach. “That there’s actually something growing inside me.”

Michael smiles softly, his face beaming with a proud glow. “Kinda.” He says.

“I’m totally going to hate you when I go into labor though. I know it already.”

He chuckles softly.

“I’m serious. At that point I’ll probably be thinking about never having sex again.” She laughs.

“I think that’ll be just a in-the-moment thing.”

They’re interrupted when the door suddenly opens and Sydney’s doctor walks in.

“Sydney, nice to see you, how are we doing this morning?” Doctor Gergovich asks as he sets a file down on the counter and takes a seat in the rolling chair next to the bed. He turns on the ultrasound machine and makes conversation as it boots up.

“We’re good, and very excited.” She says with a grin.

“Well you have reason to be. Did you want to find out the gender as well today?”

“Yes.” Sydney says.

“Great.” The doctor says. He pulls at the hem of Sydney’s shirt slightly and rolls the edge up her stomach. Vaughn watches the doctors hands attentively, making sure he isn’t trying to get fresh with his wife. Maybe Sydney can’t see the flirty look in this guys eyes, but Michael definitely can, and he’s not all to happy that someone would have enough ignorance to do it in front of his face. “It looks like you work out a lot.”

“Yes.”

“Good, keep that up. It’ll make for a smoother nine months compared to what most women go through.” The doc says. He touches the waist band on Sydney’s pants and Vaughn immediately speaks up.

“Yeah, I’ll do that.” He says as he reaches over. Sydney and the doctor both look at him. He pulls down the front of Sydney’s pants just slightly and then sets his hand on her hip, making sure it’s known that Sydney’s no one’s but his.

“Right, well, let’s get started.” The doc says as he picks up the probe and covers it with gel. He spreads the cool goo across Sydney’s stomach, causing her breath to hitch slightly on contact. The three of them stare at the TV screen, Sydney and Vaughn in more amazement than the doctor. After a few moments the silence in the room is interrupted.

“Good….everything looks good…the baby’s in a good position. And…are you sure you want to know the sex?”

Sydney looks at Vaughn and he nods to her, giving her his consent.

“Yes, please.” Sydney says.

The doctor smiles. “Congratulations. You’re having a little baby boy.”

Sydney lets out a shriek and starts hitting Vaughn’s wrist in excitement. He starts laughing.

“Sweetie, relax.” He tells her as he grabs her hand.

“Sorry.” She giggles and her smile grows impossibly larger. “Oh my gosh, this is great!” She slips into her West Virginian accent on accident and without even knowing.

“I’ll print you out a copy of the ultrasound. I’m sure you have a spot already reserved on the fridge?” The doctor laughs.

“Of course.” Sydney says as she reaches for her husband’s hand. The gel is quickly wiped off her stomach and she returns her clothes to their normal position. The doctor leaves the room for a moment as Sydney puts her coat back on with the help of Michael. She slips her shoes on and stands up, immediately falling into his arms.

“It’s a boy.” She says happily.

“I guess you were right.” He smiles. He places a kiss on her forehead and squeezes her tight to his chest. He was slightly surprised of the news. He had been hoping for a girl, only because he was nervous about becoming a father to a little boy after his relationship with his own father. But heck, he was acting fatherly toward Jenna, he was taking care of her as a father should. How hard could it be?

“Oh! We have to stop at the bookstore on the way home and pick up a book of baby names!” She pulls away excitedly.

“Alright, but lets just get one thing out of the way.” He tells her. “We are not naming our son after any type of eatable object.”

She smiles and giggles softly. “I did like the sound of Papaya Vaughn.”

He tries not to laugh, because he’s serious. He bites his lip as she squeezes his cheeks.

“You like that name don’t you?” She asks in a girly voice.

He finally lets out a laugh and pulls away from her. “Get out here.” He pushes her away slightly as the doctor walks back in with a envelope.

“Here you are.” He hands the envelope to Sydney and she holds it against her chest as she wraps an arm around her husband’s waist. “Have a nice day.”

It’s funny to Vaughn; that during the entire appointment the doctor barley even looked at him. Except for when he was trying to get fresh with Sydney and Vaughn interrupted while the good doctor was trying to pull his wife’s pants down. He wasn’t jealous, just protective. Which could look one of the same at times.

As they walk out of the office, Vaughn tightens his grip around her shoulders.

“You’re not coming to see that guy again are you?” He asks.

“Yes, why?” She asks with a confused look.

“Because while you were lying on the bed he was practically feeling you up.”

“Is that why you stopped him?” She asks with a cheeky smile. “He was gettin’ fresh?”

“I’m serious.” He says. “I want you to make an appointment with a woman doctor next time.”

She rolls her eyes. “I can take care of myself. Besides, you already left your mark from last night.” She says as she brushes her hair aside slightly and the hickey on her neck pops out to him.

He smiles slightly. It didn’t matter that they were married. They still acted like teenagers. “You could have stopped me.”

“Oh, so now it’s my fault you’re a freakin’ vampire?”

He laughs.

“I’m serious! There was some nibbling. I think you broke some skin.” She says as she touches the bruised patch on her neck.

He just rolls his eyes as he leads her back to the car. Sometimes he wondered how he was going to get through another six months of mood swings. Atleast she was in a good mood today, no bitc*iness….yet. He had to say though, he’s never seen her more happy since he’s met her.

A/N: I thought about the baby being a girl, but it's done too much, so i decided to mix it up a lil'.

Back