~Joe's Bar & Grill~

:thud:

So I kind of dropped off the face of the earth for a week or so, you know, real life and all... AND HOLEY MOLEY A WHOLE LOT HAPPENS IN A WEEK! First of all, four updates all in a row... I feel like I'm in heaven :D Second of all, DUDE . . .

*falls flat on face*

I have noooo idea what to say. Honestly. No idea. None at all. ARGHH!!!! :o_O:

Your writing is just... phenomenal. (Hee, I spelt that right :P) And the plot and the characterization, and just EVERYTHING crammed into one makes this incredibly awesome fic, and jeebus am I addicted! :woot: I can't believe Vaughn got shot though, that's kinda freaky... You think they'll follow up on that any time soon? :confused: Cos you know, it ain't exactly normal for someone to pretend to be a police dude and shoot you... *thanks whatever power it was that saved vaughn*

:notworthy:

Loving JB&G!!!

Cai
x

YAYA what a great chapter!! LOVED IT! and go vaughn for yelling at that a**! lol ~Lizzy

YAYA what a great chapter!! LOVED IT! and go vaughn for yelling at that a**! lol ~Lizzy

Great story, jsut spent the past 3 days reading the whole thing... Nice balance of fluff, action, and angst... So glad they finally got married Keep up the good work... Can't wait for the next update, could I get a PM please :smiley:

Wow! They're moving!!!!
Syd i soing to sacrifice her carrier for har "new" family..
:blush:
She loves him so much! (I can understand why! :lol: )

I have been reading this story for the past couple of months and I love it!!!! I think it it time for me to be added to the pm list!!! Keep up the excellent work!!! Thanks!!!

OOOHHHH! Awwww! I've been looking for this fan fic FOREVER! YAY! Does anyone know any fan fics that are AU or S/V--that are realistic and/or sweet but yet somewhat in character. I've read a lot and there's only been one (not includeing this one which I haven't read fully yet).

[A/N: Just an FYI, the next chapter will be taking place about four months from this chapter. Which means Sydney will be about eight months along and they’ll be living outside Chicago already. There will be flashbacks to show fluffy moments and other important moments, such as what’s going on with Vaughn’s investigation into the people who tried to take his life away. Yes, he will be digging for information.

I apologize for the long wait, between classes, and work, and personal stuff, it’s overwhelming. But good things have happened. My best friend, who was in the Asia earthquake contacted us, he’s alright. And I got a scholarship last week, so things are slowly turning from bad to good, I just hope they stay that way. Everyone have a wonderful weekend and stay safe. Happy Halloween and keep going White Sox.]

joes-1.gif

~Part 127~
~Season Tickets~

She knew very well in her heart that he agreed with her about moving. He was from a small town west of the city and he was still accustom to people not knowing who he was. Except, in this town he was someone. He was the hot guy married to Sydney Bristow, the one that got into her pants and her checkbook.

Most people were nice and gave them their space, but there were always the jealous few that didn’t think they should be together and that thought it was all a material relationship, she got good sex and he got the money. They both learned to ignore the negative comments though, knowing that a reaction is exactly what those negative people wanted.

Their conversation had lasted nearly an hour and a half. They never ran out of things to say, and the only reason the conversation stopped is because he got tired and fell asleep after she had to take a call with her agent. The medication he was on caused him to tire easily and also feel sick at times, although, they hadn’t gotten to the stage yet, thankfully.

She looks over to her left and watches him as he sleeps, a heating pad lying across his chest to relinquish some of the pain around his wounds. It’s been nearly two hours since he fell asleep, and he hasn’t stirred once.

She sighs softly as she leans over and plants a soft lingering kiss on his forehead. As she opens her eyes she meets the silver picture frame housing the beautiful portrait of them on their wedding day. She smiles to herself as she recalls the amazing event.

~Flashback~

Sydney smiles as she watches her new husband dancing with her little cousins in the sand. None of them were over the age of ten, and they were having a grand old time doing the chicken dance with the latest member of their family.

He’s unaware of the child behind him and trips, falling into the sand as the kids point and laugh at him.

“He’s going to make an amazing father.”

Sydney turns her head and smiles as she looks into her best friends eyes.

“There’s no doubt in my mind.” Sydney tells Francie before looking back at Michael. “I’ll never regret breaking it off with Pete for this.”

“Excuse me.” Both women turn their heads to look at the photographer. “I’m sorry. But I was hoping to get a few shots of you and your husband out on the beach. The sun is starting to set.”

Sydney nods. “Yes, of course. Let me just go get him.” She says as she walks over to where her husband stands. He brushes off his pants before standing straight up and looking at her.

“Hey, sweetheart.” He says as he immediately pulls her in for a kiss.

She pulls away a moment later. “Nice dancing.” She jokes. He smiles. “The photographer wants us to take a few pictures outside.”

“Alright.” He says happily. She takes his hand and the three of them leave the tent and walk about fifteen yards to where the water meets the sand.

“Anything you want us to do in particular?” Vaughn asks as he stands near the water with his wife.

“Honestly? I don’t like telling couples what to do. Most people like in the moment pictures, I don’t want to pose the two of you. So you do whatever you want.” The photographer says as he puts a new roll of film in his camera.

Michael smiles and leads Sydney towards the water.

“Woah, mister! Where do you think you’re going?” Sydney asks as she retracts her hand.

“In the water.” He says.

“It’s cold…”

“No it’s not.” He says as he steps into the small waves.

Sydney stares at him, unsure for a moment. He shakes his head and walks back over to her.

“I’ll make it easy for you.” He tells her. He scoops her up in his arms and walks back into the sweeping waves.

She giggles as she wraps her arms around his neck and looks down at the water around them.

“Is it bad that I can’t wait until later tonight?” She asks.

He looks at her with raised eyebrows.

“What? You don’t think it’s going to be different now that we’re married? We’re like…closer than ever.”

He smiles. “I was thinking the same thing.” He tells her.

“Well, we may as well enjoy it while we can. You’re going to be stuck with me forever, even when I have saggy boobs.”

He bursts out into laughter and shakes his head.

“Let me down.” She says.

His laughing dies down, yet he still manages a smile.

“What about your dress?” He asks.

“I don’t care about the dress, put me down.”

He does as she asks as he lets her feet go so she can stand with him. They both laugh as her dress spreads in the water slightly, and he reaches down to flatten it out in the water.

“You look like Marry Poppin’s.” He laughs.

“Shut up!” She smacks his shoulder and he stands back up. “You’re mean!”

“No I’m not.” He says as he brings her into his arms. She narrows her eyes at him for a moment before smiling a full dimpled smile. They’re both silent for a moment as Michael turns his head towards the setting sun.

“Just so you know, this is the happiest day of my life.” He tells her. “I’ve never been able to say that before.”

Sydney stares at him until he turns his head back towards her.

“You’ve given me a lot to look forward too.”

“Don’t make me cry.” She tells him as she rests her hands flat against his chest and kisses him.

~End Flashback~

Her eyes leave the picture on the nightstand as she looks back at her slumbering husband. She smiles slightly and leans down to place another soft kiss on his lips. He stirs slightly and a few moments later he opens his rested eyes. As she pulls away he smiles softly.

“What was that for?” He asks through a groggy voice.

“Nothing in particular.” She tells him. “How you feel?”

“Better.” He says softly. “Oh shi*. I missed Sports Center didn’t i?” He asks.

“Yeah, you fell asleep before it came on.” She tells him. “Why?”

“They had a special on the Sox that I wanted to see.” He tells her.

“Baseball season.”

“That’s right, you haven’t seen how obsessed I am with my home team.” He smiles and takes the heating pad off of his chest as he sits up against the headboard.

“Why don’t you like the Cubs?” Sydney asks.

“Because they never win, and because I’ve always hated the fact that they’re seen as Chicago’s team. I was raised a Sox fan, my mom used to take me to games.” He tells her as he gets settled. “I’ve waited my whole life to see them make it to the World Series, how ironic that I go missing before they’re perfect season two years ago.”

She smiles, “They won the division last year, maybe this year you’ll be able to see it.”

“Yeah, my father didn’t like sports very much. He thought they were a waste of time. My mom was the one that ended up playing catch with me in the front yard.” He smiles. “God, she was so horrible. She couldn’t catch the ball worth my life. It was so great.”

“Yeah? Well I can’t play baseball very good either. Which means you’ll be the one teaching Vaughn Jr. how to throw.”

“I’m gonna be a disaster.” He says.

“No you’re not.” She tells him. “You’re going to be an amazing father.”

He turns his head and looks at her. “Did she see it?” He asks.

“Who?”

“My mother. Did she see it? Did she see them win?”

Sydney smiles softly. “I took her to the last game in Houston.”

“What?” He’s more shocked than anything. “Wait, how did you even know she liked baseball?”

“Well, everything you just told me I already knew. We talked a lot after you were gone.”

“Was she happy?” He asks.

Sydney nods softly. “Yeah, she was. She cried after they won, and she got me crying after telling me how important the team was to the both of you.”

“God, I wish I could have been there with her.” He closes his eyes and sighs.

Sydney’s silent for a moment before she gets out of bed and walks to the closet. She pulls a box down from the top shelf and opens it, bringing out a black folder. She leaves the box on the floor as she walks back over to the bed and takes her previous spot.

“Here.” She tells him as she hands the folder to him.

“What’s this?” He asks as he takes it and looks at her.

“My wedding gift to you.” She says with a small smile. “I was going to wait, but, I guess there’s no better time.”

She stares at him as he opens the folder. He’s silent as he takes in the contents.

Section 121
Seats 3 & 4

“I could have gotten a private box, but I figured you’d rather be down by the field, they’re right by the White Sox dugout.”

“Sydney…”

“I guess we have to move back to Chicago now, don’t we?”

He stares at her for a moment before dropping the season tickets in his lap and pulling her into a hug.

“God, here I thought you bought me another car.”

She giggles slightly and pulls away to look at him.

“You know one good thing about this?” He asks.

“Hm?”

He smiles. “We get to be hat buddies again.”

amazing chapter
i loved the flashback--totally perfect moment
and her gift at the end was priceless
its all worth it though cuz they're going back to chicago
cant wait for the next chap

Tanya :beret:

Dang I was second :( 🇳🇴

I hope.

Awwwwwww Loved the chapter.

Loved Syd's Memories of the wedding and the Hat Buddies Line (y) :happydance: