Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Air Force

• Other

• None

• Total voters
I was in the Army, my hubby is a Marine and if I was going to do it over again, I would join the Air Force. For the enlisted, the danger is relativley minimal, the officers are the ones in the planes with people shooting at them. They generally have the better facilities (more $$$), although they are in the middle of nowhere, like the Mojave Desert. My bro's friend is 21 and in charge of maintanence for an entire squadron of F-16s, cool huh? The Army has the most opportunities for everyone, there are over 200 different jobs to choose from and they also have more options to choose from as far as college tuition and sometimes they let you choose your duty station. The Navy, well they'll put you on a big boat and shove you out to sea.

Marines are a whole different animal, like their own little world that is nothing like the rest of the military. This is hard core, no bulls***, no f***ing off. You need a big pair to get through boot camp, they have the strictest regulations and graduate a lower percentage of recruits than all the other branches. For women though, there is limited opportunites, you would probably find yourself behind a desk.

And by the way, they don't allow women in combat positions for a reason. There are serious issues between men and women in high stress situations like that. And the vast majority of women are physically inferior to men. Just the facts, don't anyone get all feminist on me.

Hope that helps.

007_JamesBond said:
i am currently in the army, at my duty station in korea, incharge of a 32,000,000 dollar piece of machinery,
I was an armorer for my battalion and it was the coolest thing sitting with over a million dollars worth of gear, telling officers to stay out of MY arm's room. Hope you are having fun over there, I never went but have heard A LOT of interesting stories :cheers:

None - I don't take orders well, even stupid things like "brush your teeth" and I ask way too many questions - I'd never survive, and I don't really like the idea of killing or dying for something a politian feels is worthwhile.

valanthaliadon said:
None - I don't take orders well, even stupid things like "brush your teeth" and I ask way too many questions - I'd never survive, and I don't really like the idea of killing or dying for something a politian feels is worthwhile.
that's me exactly

Hey Bond, I was in Kansas at Ft Riley. If I had stayed in longer I probably would have ended up in Korea. That seemed to be the formula there, Kansas-Korea-Kansas. Several people in my battalion had been there and back. A good friend of mine was also in Korea. How long have you been there, when do you get to come back state side?

Yea, the draft makes me upset. I guess if we need more troops in Iraq to relieve the ones who are there, then it's a good idea but I sort of feel like we should have been able to care of the situation with existing resources. I worry about my brother if they reinstate the draft. Also makes me glad I already volunteered. It's a real necessary evil.

people want to serve their country.

i think if i went into the army, id go into the israeli army. Everyone there has served and theres a thing for teens called GADNA where you can experience army life and learn what its all about and it was AMAZING.

MVhunny said:
people want to serve their country.

i think if i went into the army, id go into the israeli army. Everyone there has served and theres a thing for teens called GADNA where you can experience army life and learn what its all about and it was AMAZING.
why join the isreali army? ur constantly in war. why not join the Swiss army (u'll never see war, cuz they're always neutral :P )

the_alliance said:
did you guys hear about the unconditonal impending draft?
So far, it's just proposed, and meeting fairly strong opposition. I doubt the draft will be reinstated anytime soon. In the meantime, I plan on writing to Sen. Hagel (the one who proposed it) since he's from my state. You shouldn't have to fight for a cause you don't belive in, and forcing people to fight won't exactly help morale.

me, i have been over here for about a month, and i will becoming home on midtour hopefully in august, i am over here till march, unless i extend, any of you ever heard the song american soldier by toby keith? if not listen to it, it might help explain some peoples reasoning for joining

the_alliance said:
why would people ever want to fight in a war anyways? im just wondering as to why people voluntarily enlist in the armed forces.
Don't they like pay for school? But then you have to like serve. Maybe the enlist because the give a place to sleep and meals... they do that right? But prisons do the same thing too. :lol:

they pay full tuition to school, give you a place to sleep, and 3 meals a day, and still pay you, to me there are alot of benefits to being in the military, best thing i ever did, it taught me so much you dont get a pay chek at a prison do you?

I was going to post a reply but I wasn't logged in properly.

I will not join the American Military since I am proudly Canadian, lol. Whether or not I will join the Canadian military will be remained to be seen. At this point I am a psychology major at my local campus of Kwantlen University College, earning my Associate of Arts degree.

I am not opposed to the military as an institution. I am not exactly a pacifist perse. I am just being pragmatic .... as I believe in diplomacy before police actions. I did support my national goverment's decision not to go in Iraq because of what not going in meant in the overall picture of things.

I RPG alot. On the CIA Headquarters site I play the lovely, and dangerous Irina Derevko, spymommy, on their RPG Alias Survivor.

I also play in 4 different Star Trek simms (term used by my gamers/and game masters, all are play-by-email formatted). I play a Marine detachment/platoon commander in my newest role: 2nd Lieutenant Dereven Irina, at your service. Irina was inspired by my love for Star Trek, and my favourite Alias Character Irina Derevko, and the retirement of my original RPG character Lt. Leeta Gill, ex-Chief Communications Officer, turned JAG officer. I am writing a story based on Gill as I type this.

Back