Josh Lucas

I saw sweet home alabama, but I don't remeber witch one he was? Was he the one from alabama?

Oh god...Josh Lucas...wow!! I love Him!!!! he is so hot!!!!!!! I love his southern accent in that movie!!!! God any guy that can act that good, having the whole southern look and act I would have to keep him here so I could have him!!

~KM

l_1623302.jpg

Josh Lucas

Biography
Blond, blue-eyed Josh Lucas (who early in his career was billed as Joshua Lucas) has carved a niche portraying cynics, cads and ne'er-do-wells. While he yet may not have had the breakthrough role that would make him a household name. he has emerged as a fine and prolific character actor, capable of earning the audience's sympathies or condemnation.
Born in Arkansas to parents in the medical professions, Lucas spent a peripatetic childhood thanks in part to his folks' political activism. While growing up, he and his family moved more than a dozen times living in various places in the South before eventually settling outside Tacoma, Washington. During high school, Lucas nurtured his interest in dramatics and participated in statewide competitions which he won in both his junior and senior year. Eschewing college for a career, he headed to California and soon landed guest roles on various TV series including the Fox sitcom "True Colors" and the ABC family drama "Life Goes On" and his first TV-movie role in the dull horror thriller "Child of Darkness, Child of Light" (USA Network, 1991).

In 1993, Lucas made his initial foray in feature film acting as one of the rugby team members stranded in the Andes after a plane crash in "Alive". Later that year, he made a strong impression as the young George Armstrong Custer in the TV-movie "Class of '61" (1993), which was executive produced by Steven Spielberg. He then headed to Australia to accept his first regular series role as Luke McGregor in "Snowy River: The McGregor Saga" (Family Channel), but for a number of reasons opted to leave after only one season, with his character going out in a heroic manner.

Back in the USA, the actor marked time in projects like "Wing Commander III: The Heart of the Tiger" (1995) and guest shots on the short-lived 1997 CBS drama "Feds". Lucas began his string of somewhat unsympathetic characters playing the playboy lover of an American woman in China in "Restless" (1998; released theatrically in 2000) and followed up as a venal Wall Street yuppie and colleague of serial killer Patrick Bateman in "American Psycho" and as the ex-husband of a single mother in "You Can Count on Me" (both 2000). He offered a memorable turn as Darby Reese, the sleazy older lover of a teenage boy whose death begins a chain of events in "The Deep End" and was a cynical loudmouth removing asbestos from an abandoned mental hospital in "Session 9" (both 2001). Perhaps his best chance (to date) to move into the consciousness of American filmgoers came as Hansen, the supercilious rival to math genius John Forbes Nash (Russell Crowe) in "A Beautiful Mind" (also 2001). His next high profile role was as the abandoned husband of Southern belle who has reinvented herself as a Park Avenue socialite (Reese Witherspoon) in "Sweet Home Alabama" (lensed 2001).

lastest:Josh Lucas Joins Unfinished Cast
Variety

Josh Lucas, last seen with Reese Witherspoon in "Sweet Home Alabama," will star with Jennifer Lopez and Robert Redford in "An Unfinished Life," the Lasse Hallstrom-directed drama set to shoot in April.

Oh you r a goddess!! ythanks for the pphotos and bio!! I think I'm going to watch Beautiful Mind just to see him or just Watch Sweet Home!!!

Wow, I love him!! know wondering how he could do the southern accent and act so well he was born here in the south!!

~KM

Back