Joss Whedon

V

verdantheart

Latest from Sci Fi Wire

Whedon Signs For Wonder Woman

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
creator Joss Whedon has signed on to write and direct the movie version of Wonder Woman, Variety reported. Producer Joel Silver first confirmed that he was in talks with Whedon to helm the Warner Brothers feature film in an interview with SCI FI Wire last month.

Silver and Leonard Goldberg will produce the live-action feature, based on the DC Comics character created by William Moulton Marston. No start date has been set, the trade paper reported.

Whedon created Buffy the Vampire Slayer, which ran for seven seasons on The WB and UPN, based on his screenplay for the 1992 feature film of the same name.

Whedon also created the spinoff series Angel and penned screenplays for Toy Story and Alien: Resurrection.

He's completing post-production on Serenity, which he wrote and directed based on his canceled Fox TV series Firefly, the trade paper reported.
Oh, well . . . Wonder Woman isn't my favorite, but with Whedon . . . ;)

(And, really, must they keep bringing up the butchered Alien: Resurrection? Sheesh, that must have been one of the most mishandled pieces of celuloid in recent memory--it should have gone direct to video . . . IMHO.)

verdantheart said:
Latest from Sci Fi Wire
Oh, well . . . Wonder Woman isn't my favorite, but with Whedon . . .  ;)
[post="1262600"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Nor mine. But I will check it out since Whedon is directing it. I wonder who will be cast in the lead role? Charisma Carpenter? Maybe, if he wants to keep it in the family.

Back