Season 3 Julian/Julia

Azalea

Azy in Wonderland
Okay, we now know that Sark's first name is Julian. His father is Andrian Lazerey. When Sydney was missing for those two years, she apparently used the name Julia Thorne. She was also in close contact with Lazerey, and he seems to care for her, implying that they were close. Is this connection meant to imply some sort of father/daughter relationship between Syd/Julia and Lazerey? His son's name is Julian; would he call his daughter Julia?

Like the similarity between the names of Lauren and Laura (Irina's name when she was married to Jack), it's hard to believe that the similarity between the names Julian and Julia could be just a coincidence. They sound enough alike to cause confusion, so why do that unless there's some reason?

Yeah, I didn't hear it either, but if his name is Julian, that's kind of weird--what if Irina and Lazarey got together around the time she disappeared, then maybe Sark and Syd are brother and sister..........that would be a kooky kind of twist. :smiley:

That would be really weird if Jack is not her Biolocial father! I could see why she wouldn't want to remember she now related to the bad guy sark ( her brother) This gives me the princess lia/Luke feeling allover again. I don't remember him saying the name but yeah that would be a big twist! ^_^

He said it after Sark told him he worked for the Covenant. His words were, "Julian...the Covenant. They are true evil." But his accent was so thick, it was a little hard to catch.

And I don't really think Lazarey is Syd's father, it just seems like some sort of paternal relationship between the two might be implied. (Like maybe Lazarey had a hand in "creating" Julia, or the Julia persona?) Of course, it could be just random and mean nothing. But with Alias, it seems safer to assume that coincidences do mean something than to assume they don't.

I think nothing the writers do is an accident. The 47s popping up all over the place, the Laura/Lauren, Julian/Julia similarities, the fact that Sloane always drank wine, then this season he was drinking water, and then in "Remnants" he drank wine again, or that clockmaker slipping up, and talking like he actually knew Rimbaldi. I don't think any of those were accidents.

I was wondering about the whole Julian/Julia thing. Could Lazerey be part though of Syd's disappearance. He could have named her Julia b/c he was thinking of his son. She could have been a double agent in the Covanent just like she was w/SD-6. I could be wrong but that was my thinking.

I can think of a possible connection, but I want to sit on it a while.
^_^

Back