Sci-Fi Jumper (2008)

Tom

An Old Friend
Title: Jumper

Tagline: anywhere is possible.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: Doug Liman

Cast: Hayden Christensen, Jamie Bell, Samuel L. Jackson, Rachel Bilson, Michael Rooker, Diane Lane, AnnaSophia Robb, Max Thieriot, Jesse James, Tom Hulce, Kristen Stewart, Teddy Dunn, Barbara Garrick, Michael Winther, Massimiliano Pazzaglia, Shawn Roberts, Nathalie Cox, Meredith Henderson, Tony Nappo, Clark Beasley Jr., Valentino Visentini, Angelica Lisk-Hann, Damir Andrei, George King, Simona Lisi, Matteo Carlomagno, Fabrizio Bucci, Giorgio Santangelo, Marcello Santoni, Franco Salvatore Di Stefano, Brad Borbridge

Release: 2008-02-13

Runtime: 88

Plot: David Rice is a man who knows no boundaries, a Jumper, born with the uncanny ability to teleport instantly to anywhere on Earth. When he discovers others like himself, David is thrust into a dangerous and bloodthirsty war while being hunted by a sinister and determined group of zealots who have sworn to destroy all Jumpers. Now, David’s extraordinary gift may be his only hope for survival!
Jumper (2008)

I enjoyed the book - I like Gould's writing style.

I've heard that the film doesn't bear much resemblance to the book - nothing new there, then! But I expect I'll see it anyway, sooner or later.

I have seen it. It was pretty much a classic. It wasn't either good nor bad but something in between. Some handsome/beautiful boy/girl with an amazing superpower, doing fancy stuff with it, then falling in love with someone and making up after having some conflicts during the middle section of the movie and additionally fighting against someone usually represented as evil in an extremly attention-seeking way.

The writing above wasn't even a spoiler because that's what usually happens in the movies.

My point: it was mild, neutral, not original but still enough to keep me entertained for a couple of hours.