June's Leading Lady

A

AliasALIAS

JENNFIER GARNER: JUNE'S LEADING LADY
This month we crown Jennifer Garner our favorite Leading Lady. And here's why . . .

1. She kicks butt.
Jennifer can currently be seen on the big screen, starring opposite Ben Affleck in the comic-book-turned-feature-film Daredevil. As leather-clad enigmatic Elektra Natchios, Garner is no helpless Lois Lane. "Elektra is both good and evil at the same time," explains Jennifer. "She's very fierce and much more aggressive than anyone I've played before. Elektra goes looking for a fight instead of just reacting to the situation around her. She's a strong, confident and sexy woman who is not afraid to use her sex to throw people off guard."

2. She's from the South.
Born in Houston, Jennifer grew up in a small town in West Virginia. Her parents were fairly conservative, she reports, and she wasn't even allowed to pierce her ears or wear makeup as a teenager. Attending theater classes Denison University in Granville, Ohio - where she earned a theater degree - Jennifer slowly divested herself of her Southern accent. Too bad. We'd kinda like to see a superhero with a drawl.

3. She once lived in a kitchen.
For the first nine months that Jennifer lived in New York, she paid a woman $400 a month to let her sleep on a futon in her kitchen. At the time, she was only making $150 per week as an understudy in a Broadway production of "A Month in the Country." She actually had to count out her pennies to ride the subway, and when she didn't have a penny, walk 40 blocks to Broadway.

4. She brings home the bacon.
No more beds in kitchens for our Jennifer. She has slowly made a name for herself on the big screen: Ashton Kutcher's girlfriend in Dude, Where's My Car, Nurse Sandra in Pearl Harbor and a call girl who snogs Leo in Catch Me If You Can. Daredevil proved she could earn the big bucks, and in her next feature film role -- 13 Going on 30 -- she's reportedly earning $3 million.

5. Did we mention she kicks butt?
Exercise has always been a part of Jennifer's life. Even when she was back home in West Virginia, she practiced ballet for six hours a day. Today, pilates, martial arts, strength training and running make up the exercise routine that keeps Garner in such incredible shape.

She needs all this exercise to face the demands of her job. On "Alias," she's well-known for doing almost all her own stunts - whether it's an underwater escape, a 50-foot freefall, a car chase or a fight. In 2002, she was ranked 16th on E!'s Best Bodies list.

6. She can cook.
Despite her incredibly hectic schedule, Jennifer spends each Sunday that she can cooking-- preparing dishes that she can eat the rest of the week. A self-confessed Martha Stewart fan, she uses Tivo to make sure she never misses an episode of the kitchen diva's Food Network show.

7. She's got a Golden Globe.
From a humble start on a Danielle Steele TV movie ("Zoya") and guest-starring roles on episodes of "Law and Order" and "Spin City," Jennifer was quickly spotted for her exceptional talent. A regular role on "Felicity" (where she met husband Scott Foley) led to her own series, starring as CIA double-agent on ABC's 3-year-old award-winning series "Alias." In 2002, she was awarded a Golden Globe for Best Actress in a TV Drama, and - bless her heart - tripped on her way to the stage.

8. She's got style.
A perennial favorite of the "Best-dressed" lists, Jennifer knows how to dress like a movie star. "Jennifer has an ability to be so sweet and so pure looking, but then you dress her up, she's sexy and exotic," says Avi Arad, producer of Daredevil. "She's a real chameleon with her looks, acting styles and athletic ability. That was exactly what we were looking for in Elektra." As Sidney in "Alias," Jennifer gets to don a new disguise/fantastic outfit every time she turns around. From rubber dresses to French maid outfits, Sidney's style is part of her allure.

9. Quentin Tarantino's her fan.
Quentin was such a big fan of Jennifer and "Alias" that he guest-starred in a two-part episode of the show called "The Box," playing a rogue agent. Of course, he's not the only hot-shot director to recognize our leading lady's potential. Jennifer has also worked with Steven Spielberg (Catch Me If You Can) and Woody Allen (Deconstructing Harry). And on her next film, she gets director approval. Other impressive Alias guest stars include Faye Dunaway, Ethan Hawke, Lena Olin, Christian Slater and Roger Moore.

10. She'll be back.
According to 20th Century Fox, Elektra will return. Jennifer Garner will reprise the role of the mysterious Greek heroine in a big-screen story of her own. Though the movie is set after the events of Daredevil, there's no news yet about whether Affleck will team up with Jennifer again.

FAN MAIL
Want to send Jennifer a letter?
Jennifer Garner
C/O ABC-TV
"Alias"
4151 Prospect Ave.
Hollywood, CA 90027

From LeadingLadyMagazine.com

Thanks to Jen-Garner.net

Go Jen!! LOL! She's really made her way up from the bottom! It's so great that she's getting lots of praise, and I cant wait to see her in more!

Wow, I didnt know about her sleeping in kitchens. She sure has come a long way and deserves everything good that has and will happen to her. ^_^

Jennifer has come from no-where to become the one to talk about ... she is fabulous ... and she deserves everything she is getting, all the attention ...

Congrats Ms. Garner ... ;)

The reason why I like her a lot because Jenna has an rare type of maturity,which started early in her career & as Jen got older, she's a lot smarter ever since. Her sex appeal comes from the fact that she doesn't care
about it, & she looks lovely even without the makeup !!

Her sweet demeanor is why everyone wants to work with her so much, especially women. That's because they feel very comfortable around her.
Jennifer Garner is like a sparkplug, she makes the people around her to work
even better.

That's all I want to say about her

Back