Sci-Fi Jurassic World (2015)

I haven't seen it yet but my wife & sister went to see it and they both gave it glowing feedback. In short they said that if anybody likes the original JP movies then they should really like this one.

Kev you need to see this one if only for the scene of a chick running from a T-Rex in high heels :D

Within a few million of dislodging The Avengers as third highest ever grossing movie Internationally, no hope of catching Cameron's duo (Titanic, Avatar) of course.

Kev you need to see this one if only for the scene of a chick running from a T-Rex in high heels :D
A redhead in high heels. Can't forget the redhead part. :whistle:

Within a few million of dislodging The Avengers as third highest ever grossing movie Internationally, no hope of catching Cameron's duo (Titanic, Avatar) of course.
Deadline is reporting that JP passed Avengers today to grab the #3 spot. That's a lot of dino' viewing!

in re; the 'Dino Sapiens' concept...certain conspiracists suggest that some dinosaurs did indeed evolve into intelligent creatures, and they went underground during the last comet/meteor/pole shift / disaster, and they live there today, messing with us and presumably figuring out how to get rid of us. some call them 'reptilians'. some concept art makes them disturbingly similar to 'grey' aliens, leading to a reptilian/saucer scenario.

in re; the 'Dino Sapiens' concept...certain conspiracists suggest that some dinosaurs did indeed evolve into intelligent creatures, and they went underground during the last comet/meteor/pole shift / disaster, and they live there today, messing with us and presumably figuring out how to get rid of us. some call them 'reptilians'. some concept art makes them disturbingly similar to 'grey' aliens, leading to a reptilian/saucer scenario.
They are often referred to as Silurians. :whistle:

IVE7KXK.jpg

I loved the first one. I didn't care for the second one because the most exciting scene in the movie shows us a brave little guy trying to save the main characters — and then two T-Rex turn him into a wishbone.

That's no way to treat a brave little guy . . .

I liked the third one quite a lot. A rescue mission and a reconciling divorced couple. Dinosaurs for the guys, soap opera for the gals, popcorn for sale in the lobby. Something for everyone. :D

Then along came this one, and I was all set for an intelligent story about desperate peoplel using their intelligence to survive in a world gone carnivorous. Sadly, that's not what I got.

Consider the actions of the people in this movie. They can't find the new genetically engineered dinosaur in his secure, enclosed, escape-proof habitat, so what do they do? Sound the alarm, alert the public, call out the Marines?

Hell no. These geniuses decide to go into the habitat and look for it. And right there I knew that evolution sometimes produces screenwriters so dumb they can't pick their noses without poking themselves in the eye.

Now, about those velociraptors. The trained velociraptors. The ones those morons actually believed they could turn into good little soldiers. I watched that part of the story with my mouth hanging open, waiting for somebody in the movie to bust out laughing and say, "Ha! Gotcha! Juuuuuust kidding!"

It was like one of the producers at the first story conference said, "Hey, remember how the first movie worked its ass off to convince us that the velociraptors were so vicious and dangerous and eager to eat our livers that it proved what a really bad idea it was to bring back dinosaurs? Well . . . let's trash that message and see if the audience buys it. Zat sound like fun, guys? Hmmm?"

If I haven't convinced you yet that this movie was an intelligence test which an alarming number of movie goers didn't exactly ace, please consider those dramatic "running and screaming" scenes, in which hundreds of tourist flee in panic from attacking flying dinos — right down the middle of the street and right past all those doors that led into buildings that would probably have been great places to hide from hungry pterodactyls.

I know, I know — somebody is going to tell me I should relax and enjoy all the action and the FX, and I need to stop being so analytical and nit-picky. But gosh, folks, I can't help it. Us science fiction fans are supposed to the smart ones, right?

Well, heck, that's all I'm trying to do. Anybody with me on this?

I liked JW because it has dinosaurs, period.
I'm waiting for the day when a dinosaur movie isn't hokey.
With science fiction we find intelligent storys a lot being true fans but Syfy has ruined science fiction for the newer generations. They seem to need in-your-face fazaaz or the populance is uninterested.
The point of a movie is to make money, Jurassic World certainly made money and is still making money.

Will we see intelligent well-crafted science fiction on the big screen that tasks our scifi minds?
Probably not. Joe Schmo the Syfy fan needs to be entertained and thats where the money is.
Agreed there are good scifi movies but they are not getting the praise they deserve.

The next movie in this franchise I will have to see as well. I like Dinosaurs and JP seems to be able to put them to screen. Like in JW, none of the creatures are actual dinosaurs but hey, I love monsters!

Tom, I can't argue with a single thing you said. Dinosaurs are great. And I appreciate the way you really didn't argue with my scathing criticism of a film you enjoyed.

I wanted to love it. I really did. But I enjoy Walking With Dinosaurs a lot more than this poorly written movie, because I don't have to wonder if inbreeding among the family members of the producers might have contributed to the crushing lack of logic in the story.

And boy oh boy, when you said science fiction has been ruined by channels like SyFy (and way too many bad movies over the last 50 years), you were bang on target.

I guess I'm just greedy and selfish: I want movies about dinosaurs with little brains, made my filmmakers with big brains. Jurassic World sort of got that backwards . . . .