Shut your mouth, I don’t need your cruel words
That you used to belittle me
Your warped perception on beauty
Makes you less humane and more superficial
I don’t need your approval
To feel complete as a person
Unlike you, I’ve come to love who I am
My imperfections make me beautiful

Thanks guys. I'm pretty bored so I'm going to give some backgrounds to the poems.

Just Accept was inspired by a number of fights I had with my friend Kelly. I love her to bits, I do. But if someone has a different view, or their take on something, she gets defensive and then she tries to make them change it. Like last year, she found this druggie (Ryan) hot. Personally, anyone who does drugs or smokes, is someone that I can never find attractive. I like good, clean guys ok.

When she asked me if I thought that he was hot, I said no. She got REALLY mad and started defending him as if he was her friend or something. She never spoke to him, not even once. Ryan and I were in the same class so we'd talk to each other and all he EVER talked about was getting high, he bragged about it. He'd even come to class high. I told her that he's a pot head and that I don't find pot heads hot. She's sweet but naive. Honestly, you could tell her that you murdered someone and she'd be like, "ok, that's fine. you'll learn," she'd say this in a forgiving kind of voice. She said, "Well, people make mistakes." True, but the purpose of mistakes is too learn from them. He wasn't, because everyday he would make the same "mistake" and not care. She didn't know what to say when I said this and she shrugged.

Then she took a cheap shot at me and compared him to the kid that I liked (Mark). At this point, Mark and I had been close friends for over two years and she knew that too. He's straight edge. She said to me in a *****y tone, "Well how do you know if Mark doesn't do drugs?!" I bit my tongue and calmly explained to her that he was close friend and that he was straight edge.

So, that's the basis for "Just Accept"

"Perception" stems from my grandma, my mom and oldest sister's unhealthy obsession with looks and plastic surgery. Honestly, they think that [/b]EVERY actress/tv personality has had plastic surgery. I'm not saying that some actresses haven't under the knife but not every damn one.

My sister called Wynona Ryder "chubby". Jessica Simpson, when she first came out she didn't really show mid-driff but she's healthy size. When her second CD came out and the first video she was wearing a belly shirt. My sister said, "Man she's lost a lot of weight!" I just looked and said, "Are you kidding me?" Then we were watching MTV and Suchin PAk was wearing a low cut dress. My sister said, "I wonder if those are real?" I said, "Just STOP!" She made it sound like Suchin looked like Pam Anderson when she's probably a quarter of her size. My mom and her saw Demi Moore and said, "I would look good at that age too if I had as much surgery as she had." Demi obviously doesn't buy into the pressure of hollywood since she "quit" and she is the same woman that posed nude on magazine cover when she was 8 months pregnant.

My sister she's average, 5'2 and weighs about 130 or a little less. My mom is about 5 feet and weighs like 120. Yet that's not good enough. They try to bring me down with them, constantly telling me that I have to lose weight. Yeah, I'm chubby but I'm not sickly obese.

My mom actaully freaked out at me for eating one stick of string cheese. She yelled at me for not having self control. Then for two minutes, she just glared at me.

My grandma, who I despise, is probably the worst. Every time she sees me she says, "oh look at how fat you've gotten!" One time she asked me what college I was going to, and before I could answer she said, "Well it doesn't matter because you're too big to get a job anyways."

That's what perception is all about. Thanks to whoever took the time to read this long post.

Back