Just Joined

perpuk

Cadet
Greetings. Name is Perpuk. I don't know anyone who likes the genre as much as I do, so I thought joining a community of like-minded folk would be a good idea. I am a bit shy, so probably won’t post as much as I should, but I’ll try.

I have always preferred Science Fiction & fantasy to any other genre. I’m no spring chicken and I cut my teeth on Andre Norton & Robert Heinlein books & old TV shows such as Doctor Who, Lost In Space, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Space Patrol, Supercar, Stingray, Astroboy etc.

Current TV shows I watch are: Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Battlestar Galactica, Lost, Carnivale, Enterprise, Firefly (only just being shown here).

Past favourites include just about every Sci-Fi show ever made (but not all)- Doctor Who, Blakes7, Space 1999, Battlestar Galactica, Seaquest (DSV & 2032), Star Trek Next Generation, Star Trek Voyager, Buffy, Angel are some.

I have a large collection of books and like many authors but C.J. Cherryh, Jack Vance & Alan Dean Foster rate high on my list.

I am currently re-reading Brian Stableford’s “Hooded Swan” series, and eagerly awaiting this week’s instalment of SG1, Atlantis, BSG & Lost.

Can hardly wait for the new Doctor Who (after all, I grew up on the original), but really hope they don’t change the TARDIS control room too much.

Hope this serves as a reasonable introduction. I’m looking forward to some interesting discussions.

Perpuk, welcome to Cool SciFi! :welcome:

A fellow Blake's 7 fan! In the jUS it never seemed to get the exposure it deserved, I guess because it was shown on PBS only, but growing up it was one of my favorite shows.

I'm also anxiously waiting for the new Dr. Who series as well. As for the control room, there have been a few preview shots on the net but nothing showing the interior yet.

Where you a fan of other British shows like Red Dwarf and UFO?

Loved Red Dwarf. One show that really made me laugh.

But not UFO I'm afraid. I preferred Anderson's puppet series & Space 1999.

Back