Just There

Someone requested I put this up here...

“Mr. Sloane.”

Arvin Sloane looked to his right to see a figure approaching him. “Ahhh. Glad to see you. It has been long,” he said.

“It has been. I have been busy. Do you have what I want?” She asked him, gesturing to the briefcase.

“You are like your brother. Yes well, here’s the money-” Sloane picked up his briefcase and set it on the hood of his car, opening it. “Eight hundred thousand.”

She came over and looked down at the money. She sighed and put up her own briefcase and opened it also. Inside was an isotope, perfected by a high level Covenant scientist. She then turned to look at Sloane, who looked mesmerized. “My employer hopes to hear there is a deal.”

“Oh yes, there is a deal.” He looked at her, closed his briefcase and handed it to her.

“I’m sure we will be in contact again.”
-----
“You can thank me later.”

Julian Sark was pushed out of the van. He got up and looked behind him at the departing van. He brushed himself off and eyed the car in front of him. The back door opened and someone came out-someone in high heels. She got out and closed the car door. She began to walk toward Sark; he still couldn’t see her face. The car began to pull back. She continued to walk until her face came into the light.

“Julian, it’s great to see you again.”

Hope you liked!
~midnight

Yay! Im so glad you posted here!

This was my fave parts!
Julian Sark was pushed out of the van. He got up and looked behind him at the departing van. He brushed himself off and eyed the car in front of him. The back door opened and someone came out-someone in high heels. She got out and closed the car door. She began to walk toward Sark; he still couldn’t see her face. The car began to pull back. She continued to walk until her face came into the light.

ohh. . .I love the suspense!

Hope you liked!
And yes i definately liked and am eargerly awaiting more!
Zoey
[/quote]

Yay! Im so glad you posted here!

This was my fave parts!

ohh. . .I love the suspense!
Hope you liked!
And yes i definately liked and am eargerly awaiting more!
Zoey

Thank ya Zoe...updae ASAP...though haven't you already read chaps 2 and 3?

A/N-And on with the next chapter!

“Thank you for meeting with me Irina; it must be a risk to you.”

“You know me Arvin, I enjoy risks.”

Rain began to pour outside the empty warehouse, the sound magnified by the tin roof.

Sloane looked out the window as lighting flashed across the sky. “I wanted to know how my daughter is doing, Nadia,” he stated. His gaze turned back to Irina.

She smiled and her face was pleasant, “She’s doing well. I only wish, as I’m sure you do, that I could see her.” The thunder roared.

“Mmm.” Sloane nodded slowly. “Yes, I do.”

“Someday, Arvin, we both will.”
-----

His eyes widened in shock and his voice came out shaken, uncertain. “Michelle?”

“Did you think I was dead Julian?” Michelle asked as a smirk played across her face.

He shook his head. “I was never sure. When you stopped mailing me-“

“Forgive me, but I moved out of school when I was fifteen. K-Directorate had needs for me.”

Something flashed across his face. What was it? Pride? Sadness? Or maybe even anger? Michelle was not sure.

“K-Directorate recruited you?”

“Yes, I didn’t care who they were, I knew nothing about them. Besides, I didn’t have much to loose,” she explained.

“And now, you work for the Covenant. Just out of curiosity, who recruited you?”

“Alexander Khasinau. Great man. After the fall of K-Directorate, I was seventeen and well trained. I went to Arvin Sloane, he continued my training. Julian, you mustn’t say you’re surprised.”

“On the contrary, I might have seen this coming,” she replied. Yet another car pulled up and honked its horn. Both Sark and Michelle looked over at it.

“Time to go,” Michelle said. She went to the car and got in. Sark followed her.

He shut the car door. “So am I to understand that you are my partner?” he asked. The car began to move.

“Yes, that is exactly what you are to understand.”

A/N-Another update it shall be!

Nadia Santos paced in a circle, waiting for her contact to arrive. Why can’t these people just be a little early? A light flickered in the distance—dash, dot dot, dash dash, dot. The word time was spelled out in Morse code.

Nadia turned to the right to see two people approaching her. One she knew, Julian Sark. He had been a friend to her for almost two years. They met on an operation in Taipei and have worked together several other times. The other person was the one she didn’t know.

Nadia smiled and walked up to Sark. “How are you?”

He almost looked dazed, like he could hardly believe it wasn’t obvious. Instead he said nothing. Nadia’s smile faded.

“Nadia, this is Michelle.”

Nadia and Michelle shook hands. The three people formed a circle and began to converse.

“When do we infiltrate the lab?” Michelle asked.

“In an hour. The Covenant wants the code before the CIA can even think of a plan, which makes sense. Miss Bristow has a knack for finding out our plans.” Sark cursed her in thought, attractive though she may be…

“All right. Simon told me to bring back the money in five hours, so this all works out fine,” Nadia said. She shifted her position. Sark always hated her talking about Simon Walker, who was a person she had worked for for a few years.

No one spoke for nearly a minute. “Meet back here in forty-five minutes,” Sark directed.
-----
“You don’t like him, Walker?” Michelle asked Sark in the ride back to the hotel.

“You know him,” Sark stated.

“I have worked with him once or twice,” she replied. Michelle continued to stare at him imploringly. She sighed and looked back out the window.

“Simon’s just not the guy I really want to ever work with…for many reasons.” Sark left it at that.
-----
Nadia, Sark and Michelle met back where they had earlier and discussed what was to happen and who was doing what. After that they made the short journey to the airport and waiting to get in.

Michelle was talking to some girl who was staff on the plane, and probably working with the Covenant, while Nadia and Sark were carrying on a conversation.

“Julian, you seem so out of it. What’s up?” She looked into his dark blue eyes, trying to read them, which was something she had the talent to do, but they gave nothing away—at least nothing that would tell her what was happening with him.

“It’s nothing Nadia.”

“How did you two know each other?” Nadia asked, moving on to a safe topic, because knowing Sark, he was not one to talk about things that were bugging him.

Apparently she was wrong; this was not a safe question. His eyes switched to a shocked look.

He had just now realized what was really happening.

“She’s my sister.”

A/N-Ha! I leave you there...mostly because I haven't written anymore! LOL

~midnight

A/N-I know...it's taken me forever!

Chapter 4

Two young children stood on the front step of a large, elegant house. The boy sat on the step and pulled playing cards out of his pocket. He gestured to them, indicating that he wanted to play with the younger girl. She smiled and sat down, but he could see the fear and sadness in her eyes.

“Не входите слишком долго игры, идущей Юлианский (Don’t get into too long of a game going Julian),” spoke the children’s nanny, Dasia. She was in her late fifties with fading black hair that was turning into a peppered grey. Julian nodded as blond hair fell into his face, blocking his sight. He swept it away with his hand.

Julian and the girl played a quiet game of Go Fish, talking only when necessary.

Several minutes later Dasia spoke to the little blond girl, “Любимая Alexa, Вы получили бы меня апельсин пожалуйста (Alexa darling, would you get me an orange please)?”

“Уверенный (Sure).”

She got up from the stone step and walked through the front door. The entrance room was small, but seemed larger due to its feeling of emptiness. Alexa turned to her left and entered the spacious kitchen with counter of what used to be rich oak wood, though it seemed to have dulled over the years. It was truly a shame how such a beautiful house was slowly diminishing.

She grabbed an orange from the fruit basket, rinsed it and ran back outside. She absentmindedly handed it to Dasia.

“Спасибо (Thank you),” Dasia replied, digging one nail into the skin. She began to peel the skin.

Alexa nodded curtly then sat down next to Julian. He seemed to be staring at nothing.

“Мы можем выйти во внутренний двор (May we go out into the courtyard)?” Alexa asked.

“Да, но не идите далеко... Я буду должен призвать к Вам скоро (Yes, but don’t go far…I will need to call for you soon),” Dasia replied.

“Продвиньтесь Юлианские (Come on Julian),” Alexa said, gesturing with her hand. He got up solemnly and followed her.

Alexa made her way across the browning green lawn, as August was settling in. She got far enough away from Dasia and turned to Julian.

She found him speaking, however, before she could.
“Вы видите то, что она делает не так ли ? Отсылка нас к школам - интернатам … отделение нас (You see what she’s doing don’t you? Sending us away to boarding schools…separating us).”

Alexa eyed him, she hadn’t known this, but she knew that she was not going on a ‘vacation’ like her nanny had told her. She said nothing.

“И с большинством удачи, мы будем далеки друг от друга (And with most luck, we’ll be far from each other),” Julian continued.

That’s when he realized he realized his little sister was on the verge of tears.

I know it's been forever, please don't chastise me. Just enjoy and comment if you have the time. I like helpful critism.

Chapter 5

“Julian, you’ve got to have an open mind about this,” Irina spoke in a somewhat motherly tone.

He turned to face her from his perch on the table facing the large window. He said nothing. His emotionless face was in play. But Irina knew this was a lie.

How there were so many emotions coursing through Sark now.

“Part of your assignment is to work with your sister. I don’t know why you’re being so bitter to her. She’ll do it right back, and even worse.”

Julian sighed. “I never wanted her to be in this life. I wanted her to not go down the path I was already heading. She was younger than I was and had—had a life ahead of her.”

Irina smiled gently. “I never hear this from you, Julian.”

“You’ve never seen me with my sister.”
-
Meanwhile, Nadia and Michelle are standing on the front walk, chatting, waiting for Irina to make her appearance.
-
“So, you’re Julian’s sister.” Nadia asked, giving reason to a conversation.

Michelle eyed Nadia, as if trying to size her up in a matter of seconds. “I am.” She responded like it was a question she heard everyday. “How long have you known him?”

“About two years. We’ve worked together on many assignments.”

Michelle nodded. Silence followed.

Nadia spoke when the awkward silence began to bother her. “Look, I have no clue how to talk to you. I don’t know who you are.”

Michelle smiled, just like her brother does, that same cocky smile. “Many people don’t. All you have to do is start with my name.”

Just then Irina came out, with Julian behind her.

“Nadia, it’s so good to see you,” Irina spoke, hugging her.

“It’s wonderful to see you to Irina. How have you been?”

No answer. Just that all-knowing smile.

Irina looked over her shoulder and Julian cocked an eyebrow shaking his head slightly.

“And so you’re Michelle. I’ve heard a lot about your talents. It’ll be wonderful to have another brilliant mind on our small team.”

“Of course, who hasn’t heard of Irina Derevko?” Michelle responded to this welcome.

Irina turned around and began to walk to the foyer. She walked in long, graceful steps, in no rush to get anywhere.

Which was always a good thing.

“Take a seat, we have much to discuss,” Irina offered. Gesturing to the couches and chairs spread around the small room, that seemed to be made for meetings of this sort.

“Actually, I was wondering if I could have a minute with you Irina.” Sark asked, leaning against the doorway.

“Yes but only a minute,” she slipped past the door while speaking.

Julian closed it behind him.

“You tell me to have an open mind about my sister, but you still haven’t told Nadia what you are to her? You astonish me Irina.” He scoffed.

“It’s so much more complicated. Michelle knows who you are,” Irina explained calmly.

“On the contrary, she barely knows me at all.”

“Well…” Irina opened the door behind him and disappeared into the room, beckoning him silently to follow.

And he did.

Midnight

Back