Just thought of this

I really have mixed feelings about the movie. On the one hand, some of the clips I've seen really are funny. But I hear the comedian who plays Borat is getting sued like crazy for all kinds of contract violations. Falsified release forms (for a foreign documentary, not an internationally released full movie), false declared intentions, and just general slander. Apparently some of the people in the movie were totally oblivious to the fact that they were going to be in it at all until they found out about the trailers/reviews.

I mean, yeesh, not saying they were the brightest crayons in the box and weren't horribly easy targets... but still, to have that kind of shock thrown at you... not really the nicest thing you could do to a totally decent and random person.

Well, those gypsies in that hovel-village were really upset. I mean, he payed them a few dollars to do stuff like let their livestock inside their houses and do other embarassing things, and they're pretty mad about being shown as a laughingstock to the entire world. Not like their lives don't suck enough already, but now people think they're a joke, too. I feel bad for them.

If jack asses can try and win money on Reality Shows while signing their lives away, being caught on film and up on the silver screen is more than AWESOME for the jerks who got caught.
Also I have a HUGE feeling that most of this stuff is fixed. Even the 'real' law suits and what not.
Not that it matters, for what it is. It's great.

Well some of the lawsuits are just stupid, like the Mahir "I Kiss You" guy declaring he was Borat's inspiration. Talk about a guy who can't get over the fact he hasn't been famous since 1999.

Zink said:
This is offensive in a way sio I'll say it now. Not meant to be offensive I just thought of it right now. Sorry if it is.

*A Jewish guy sits down at a table and looks at a huge slab of pork on his plate* *Breaks down into "U Can't Touch this" but different lyrics* Doo doo do doo, doo doo doo, doo doo *points at pork*Jews can't touch this....

Oddness. :|

notFunny.jpg

;)

Back