Kanye West

PoketRockets11

I own Vaughn's holster
love him? hate him? i wanna know what everyone thinks about him. we don't get a lot of hip hop talk on this board. i do listen to rock a little more than hip hop, but kanye west is one of my favorite artists. i think he is majorly talented and his cd is mega dope.

He's okay. I don't really listen to hip hop or rap, or whatever, but I've heard him on the radio. He's talented, but i don't really care for him. -_-

i absolutely love his album, it's one of my favourites of the year and definitely a hip[ hop album with a difference. instead of rapping about women, sex and drinking bloody Cristal like a lot of the hip hop artists do, he actually talks about some good issues and stuff. Jesus Walks is one of my favourite songs of all time methinks. It's just brilliant. Unfortunately for me, i had this album stolen along with so many others a few weeks ago nd i haven't replaced it yet. I def will though.

garnergarnish said:
i absolutely love his album, it's one of my favourites of the year and definitely a hip[ hop album with a difference. instead of rapping about women, sex and drinking bloody Cristal like a lot of the hip hop artists do,  he actually talks about some good issues and stuff. Jesus Walks is one of my favourite songs of all time methinks. It's just brilliant. Unfortunately for me, i had this album stolen along with so many others a few weeks ago nd i haven't replaced it yet. I def will though.
[post="956183"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
i so agree. have you seen his jesus walks video?? there's 2 of them.

3stacksofsociety said:
i so agree. have you seen his jesus walks video?? there's 2 of them.
[post="956286"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

ooh is there? i saw one the other day on MTV Base, but obviously i couldn't tell you which one it was. :lol: Oh it had a burning cross rolling down a hill if that helps.

I love Kanye West's music! He's very talented. But Jesus walks and a few of his other songs are soo overplayed now. I'm really getting sick of them.

alias_luver said:
I love Kanye West's music! He's very talented. But Jesus walks and a few of his other songs are soo overplayed now. I'm really getting sick of them.
[post="957805"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

luckily living in the UK Jesus Walks is only just about to come out, so i plan on avoiding hearing it as much as possible so it's not destroyed by the radio and video channels.

yeah, his songs are overplayed. but i listen to his cd a lot so i overplay his music too. his new jesus walks video is dope, the one with the burning cross. the other one is where he's in a church standing at the altar.

I got his new album Late Registration yesterday and it wasn't dissappointing. Here's my review:

Kanye West-Late Registration

Kanye is my favourite rapper and I had been anticipating this album for awhile. It was delayed from July 12'th, to August 16'th, then to August 30'th.
Upon second listen I liked it a lot more. I had more respect for the slower tracks, his lyrics were better, the tracks went by faster, and maybe I didn't like it that much the first time because I was so used to his fast, beat ridden songs or it was the mood I was in but this is a slow chilling rap album worthy of at least a couple more listens.

The first time through didn't have as good an impact as the second listen. I really listened to the lyrics and the musical arrangements and I just liked it a hell of a lot more than the first listen. I'm still not decided on whether its as good as his first album but "Gold Digger" alone is worth the price of the album. The remix of "Diamonds" may not be as good as the original but it still holds up, and the original is included as a bonus track anyway.

The songs that I thought were much slower before have smooth rhythm and flow better. I guess from now on I'll have to review cd's based on second and third listens. It really is a great listen. The beats, the production is incredible. I'm going to spin it for a third time.

"Hey Mama" is a really sweet song that I'm not afraid to show to my parents. Kanye also doesn't swear a lot. I counted about 7 f-words the whole album and maybe 15 expletives the whole album.

Its like a sequel thats not as good as the first but you like it better just because the origin story doesn't need to be explained again........I'll be listening to this for awhile.

Rating: A-

Oops I meant to edit that. I had made a first review but edited it after first listen. It is really good. I listened to it three times in a row in one sitting.

His new album Late Registration is so f***ing good...i've killed it already. i love the song with Adam Levine(lead singer of maroon 5) and of course Goldigger. SO bloody talented...love his stuff.

Merging threads... :smiley:

I love his music! Kanye is extremely talented. The new album- I haven't bought it yet- sounds really good!

Kanye is freaking awesome! I wasn't all that into rap until him. He's just genius :D
I love gold digger and the line "leave your a** for a white girl" lol Classic! :lol: He won for entertainer of the year and he thanked NBC and Mike Myers haha. One of the comedians brought up a great point about, instead of going after other rappers like 50 Cent he went after the President, now that is gangsta!

Back