Kate/sawyer

Do you like the idea of Kate+Sawyer?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Vartanbabe said:
NO! I'm more of a Jack & Kate shipper. Kate always goes to Jack when she's having problems does she go to Sawyer  nope! she goes to Jack. I think they are the closest so I say no!
[post="1269798"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
That's a good point.

She does go to Jack when she has problems, but I have issues with the way Jack treats her. He's always suspicious of her, he constantly thinks she's lying, and he treats her like a child. Like when they went after the key for the case, he forcibly took it from her - what right did he have to do that? And then he made them open it together. What if he was the criminal and she was the doctor? Would she be following him around bullying him? No, because he uses physical strength against her, and she wouldn't have that option.

And I know people will argue that Sawyer does the same thing, but when he does it, it seems almost playful. He wanted to know what was in the case for his own curiosity, not just to keep an eye on Kate. It sounds funny to say it, but I think he respects her more and regards her as an equal, even though on the surface he seems more condescending. He knows the two of them have a lot in common. Jack's the one who tries to act overly-dominant.

However, I'm trying really hard to come around to the Jack/Kate thing, because I know it'll happen eventually, and I don't want to hate it. ^_^

Azalea said:
She does go to Jack when she has problems, but I have issues with the way Jack treats her.  He's always suspicious of her, he constantly thinks she's lying, and he treats her like a child.  Like when they went after the key for the case, he forcibly took it from her - what right did he have to do that?
[post="1271830"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Let's set aside whether or not Jack had the right to take the key for a moment, shall we? The fact is, she went to him for help, agreed to get the key together, then palmed the key--and he caught her at it. He doesn't think she's lying about having the key in this case; he knows she is because he saw her palm it. I suppose we could argue all day about what "right" he had to take it from her. However, they had made an agreement to open it together--an agreement that she had entered into fraudulently: she had planned all along to break it. And for what? A toy airplane, the meaning of which completely escapes our good doctor anyway. :lol: She could have said, "There's personal items in the case that I want," but no . . .

I can't say that I'm a huge fan of Jack's, but I'm not a huge fan of Kate's either. You know what it comes down to? She went to a whole lot of trouble to get this toy airplane and trying to get around Sawyer and Jack by hook or by crook, that's nothing. She robbed a bank and injured people to get it. And, boo hoo, she's been treated like a child? She's been treated like a criminal--that's why she's even on the island. She's got a lot to make up for, and I think she herself would be the first to admit it. This here's an opportunity for her.

Sawyer does treat her more like an equal--and why not? They've been on the same side of the law-fence. ;) They have a lot more in common than Kate and Jack. Sawyer understands her better in some ways than Jack does. Who do I want her to "be with"? I don't care. I don't ship much . . . :P

Oops, sorry, didn't mean to go on like this . . .

verdantheart said:
And for what? A toy airplane, the meaning of which completely escapes our good doctor anyway.  :lol:
Not to mention all of us... ^_^ I think once we find out what that stupid airplane is, and what it means to her, it'll be a lot easier to understand her character. She's such a cipher right now, we really don't know exactly how bad she is. I hope her last flashback episode in a few weeks will at least answer some of the basic questions.

Something in last night's rerun of Hearts and Minds caught my attention - when Sun asked Kate, "Haven't you ever lied to a man you loved?" Her face clearly indicated that she had. I thought that maybe it was her lie that got him killed, rather than her actually killing him outright. (Kind of like how Sydney's double-life was responsible for her friends' problems.)

Sawyer does treat her more like an equal--and why not? They've been on the same side of the law-fence.  ;) They have a lot more in common than Kate and Jack. Sawyer understands her better in some ways than Jack does. Who do I want her to "be with"? I don't care. I don't ship much . . . :P
But purely in terms of story, don't you think one should happen sooner than the other? It seems like they're setting it up so that Kate will be Sawyer's redemption, but Jack will be Kate's redemption.

Azalea said:
But purely in terms of story, don't you think one should happen sooner than the other?  It seems like they're setting it up so that Kate will be Sawyer's redemption, but Jack will be Kate's redemption.
[post="1273733"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
That does seem to be the likely setup, that Kate will inspire Sawyer's redemption. (Hee hee, it reminds me of a time in high school when my English teacher seemed to want to set me up with a "bad boy," thinking I'd somehow "reform" him . . . but even then I didn't believe that people could reform other people. They might be able to inspire other people, but people can only reform themselves. ETA: I never understood why everyone thought I was such an angel . . .) ;)

verdantheart said:
That does seem to be the likely setup, that Kate will inspire Sawyer's redemption. (Hee hee, it reminds me of a time in high school when my English teacher seemed to want to set me up with a "bad boy," thinking I'd somehow "reform" him . . . but even then I didn't believe that people could reform other people. They might be able to inspire other people, but people can only reform themselves. ETA: I never understood why everyone thought I was such an angel . . .)  ;)
[post="1274459"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:lol:
How very strange.... :smiley:

i voted yes, cause they'd be really cool together, but i am also open to the idea of Kate being with Jack, and Sawyer being with Claire, and Charlie will find someone. but i think that Sawyer/Kate would be more interesting. Although, i'm sure that if it does happen, it won't happen for long. unless the good doctor's wife is still alive...

Osiris said:
and Sawyer being with Claire, and Charlie will find someone.
[post="1295497"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Why? They've barely had any time together and Charlie's been so sweet with Claire. :confused:

Just imagination?

I wrote a S/K fic if anyone's interested. Except I don't want to post in our fanfic section because I don't want non-Lost-y people reading it. ^_^ If anybody wants it, I can PM it or give you a link to a Lost site where it's posted.

Back