Kate

Interesting start, wonder how Nadia is going to change the perfect life and beginning of relation Sydney seems to have with Vaughn :Ponder:
I'd like to know more about what's going to happen and how it's going to affect Sydney and Vaughn's relation, hope it won't be too bad

Very interesting start. Sydney and Michael hit it off right from the beginning. But then in the distance we hear...duh, duh, duh, duh.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

Hmm interesting!!!
-I like how they are already together and we don't have to wait!!! :lol:
-But I'm sure there will be some angst!!!
And I have to say I really like this because it's called 'Kate'!!!! :angelic:
-Thanks for the pm!!

sad how not many ppl are reading this :( oh well i guess that's AA's lack of member population

Chapter 2
That evening Sydney was curled up on her couch watching the news and eating her post-dinner dessert (ice cream) when she heard a knock at her apartment door. She switched off the TV and set her bowl down onto the coffee table before walking to the door and peering out the peep hole. Immediately after seeing who was there, she groaned to herself; she was in no mood to deal with her younger sister, Nadia, who she hadn’t seen or heard from in nearly a year.

Perhaps it was because of the five year age difference between them, or maybe it was just their nature, but the Bristow sisters had never gotten along. In fact, Nadia had never gotten along with any members of her family. Sydney had always been the ‘good’ sister, so to speak. She never disobeyed her parents, went to church with them every Sunday and she had done well in school. Only once had she done something against their wishes and it had completely blown up in her face, which was why she always followed the rules. Not to the point where she was dreadfully boring, though, she simply wasn’t a risk-taking adventurer. She didn’t desire that sort of lifestyle; her sister, however, did.

Through her youth and teen years, Nadia had rebelled enough for both her and her sister combined. If her parents told her not to smoke or drink, she did just to spite them. If they told her to stay home, she was out the door before they had even finished speaking to her. If they told her to be home by eleven, she’d stay out all night. By the time she was arrested for drunk driving (a friend’s car without a license at sixteen while her parents thought she was upstairs asleep) the Bristow’s had pretty much given up on trying to ‘fix’ Nadia. The more they tried to guide her, the worse she became.

The second she graduated high school, Nadia left home to go on tour with her guitar playing boyfriend of the moment and his band. Since that time five years earlier, Sydney had seen or heard from her sister sporadically, mostly when she was running low on cash and wished to borrow from her charitable sister. The last time she had seen her, Nadia was asking for ten thousand dollars to open a clothing store. When Sydney refused, Nadia screamed at her before disappearing.

Standing on the opposite side of the door from her estranged sister, Sydney seriously contemplated pretending she wasn’t home to avoid being mooched off of for a few days before Nadia’s inevitable disappearing act. When the knock came again, though, she stupidly opened the door. Upon doing so, she gasped aloud at her sister’s once slender now swollen frame, most notably around her circular, obviously pregnant belly.

“Syyyyyyd,” Nadia smiled and spoke in a sweet tone. “How are you? How’s my favorite older sister?”

“Obviously better than you,” Sydney muttered under her breath, dreading her sister’s visit even more. She then stepped aside and allowed Nadia to waddle past her. Once inside, Nadia dropped the small, worn bag she was carrying on the floor and made her way into the kitchen, where she began to rummage for food. “I have pizza,” Sydney said with a sigh, leaning up against the doorframe to the kitchen.

“Can’t eat cheese. The stupid baby makes me puke it up!” Nadia insisted in an obviously annoyed tone as she peered into the refrigerator.

“Lovely,” Sydney sighed. “Seriously, what’s with that?”

“What?”

“You’re pregnant!” Sydney shouted.

“Oh… yeah,” Nadia paused to look down at her swollen belly with disgust. “That… no biggie,” she shrugged and turned her focus back on making a sandwich from the contents of Sydney’s refrigerator.

“NO BIGGIE?!” Sydney shrieked, infuriated. It was one thing if Nadia was running her own life with her no-worries attitude, but this time she was taking another, innocent being down with her. “Nadia you’re going to have a baby. You’re going to be a mother. Do you not understand that?!”

Nadia laughed so hard she nearly choked on the massive egg salad sandwich she had created. “Mother?! I ain’t gonna be a mother,” she laughed.

Sydney rubbed her brow in agony. “Um, Nad, I hate to break it to you but a child will actually be coming out of you sooner or later – you do realize that, right?”

“Syd, I’m not an idiot, I know that. I’m just not gonna be its mother. That would suck,” Nadia insisted with a slight shiver.

“Oh, I see… so what are you going to do with the baby?”

“Don’t know… that’s why I came here. I need help and you’re all smart and stuff,” Nadia said.

Sydney moaned and rubbed her face over her hands. This couldn’t have been happening; not to her; not then. Why was she stuck with the functioning-at-life-inept sister?! She took a deep breath and exhaled it slowly, trying to rid herself of the anxiety her sister caused. She decided it was best to start out slow and not entirely jump down her throat for being the most irresponsible person on the planet…at least, not just yet.

“Where, um, where have you been?” Sydney asked, slowly sliding into a chair at the table in the kitchen.

“Mmm where haven’t I been,” Nadia sighed, taking a seat across from her sister. “Let’s see… since you last saw me I was in LA, Mexico City… Rio-”

“RIO?! How the hell’d you get to Brazil?!” Sydney gaped in shock. “What were you doing there?”

“Got a boob job - like ‘em?” Nadia beamed proudly as she protruded her chest. Sydney grimaced at this. While her sisters chest was noticeably larger, she was much too districted with her expanded waistline to notice that. “Well I love them,” Nadia said proudly, turning back to her sandwich.

“Fantastic,” Sydney sighed.

“Anyway, after Rio I went to New York, where I’ve been until I decided to come back to PA to visit you, sister dear,” Nadia said, reaching across the table and squeezing her sister’s hand.

“So, um… at what point in all this did you get pregnant?” Sydney asked her, seeing no point in listening to her sister’s ridiculous tales about a care-free, responsibilities-lacking life style, which, apparently, went hand in hand with being irresponsible.

“Mm not sure exactly…”

Sydney nearly choked before asking in utter horror, “You’re not SURE?! You mean you don’t even know who the father is?!”

“Nope,” Nadia shook her head. “I’m ninety percent sure it was a white guy though.”

“Won’t mom and dad be proud…,” Sydney muttered in obvious sarcasm.

“Pah like I’d tell them. That’s why I came to you. Syddie please, please help me,” Nadia begged with a protruded and pouting bottom lip. When Sydney hesitated, Nadia began whimpering like a sad, pathetic, wounded puppy dog.

Sydney grumbled. She hated that she was such a nice person. “Well… what did your doctor say… I mean, when is your baby due?”

“Pss hell if I know…”

“You haven’t been to a doctor!?!!?!” Sydney asked in horror once more. Then again, on second thought she shouldn’t really have been surprised. How could someone who didn’t even have enough sense or decency to a) have a job, b) have a home, c) know who the father of their child was, have enough sense to go to a doctor to make sure the baby was alright?

Nadia shrank slightly and mumbled a quiet ‘no’. “NADIA why not?!”

“Hello – doctors are expensive!”

Sydney growled and Nadia shrank further. After taking a few deep breaths and calming herself she said, “Look, I’m taking tomorrow afternoon off to go to the dentist. After I’m done we’ll take you to the doctor, alright? You need to have an ultrasound to make sure the baby is alright.”

“Fine,” Nadia sighed. Then, she stood slowly and shuffled her way back to the refrigerator in search of more food. Sydney just sat back in her chair and breathed deeply, trying to rid the tears of frustration from her eyes so they wouldn’t fall.

Nadia is SO screwed up. Poor Sydney. And poor Nadia, I guess. I hope it all comes crashing into her and makes her change. She just needs a reality check.

:love:
~Anja

wow. nadia is... in trouble. i mean... wow.
:lol: I have no words.
Seriously, she needs to learn what does the word "responsability" means.

Sydney is right, she's a too nice person. A sister Nadia doesn't deserve to have. Poor baby, though.

Can't wait to meet Michael.

Back